[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't use this shitty app on mobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
It's ugly as hell and the servers are not open source. Telegram and Whatsapp are way better than this crap. Proof once again that proprietary software is the only choice when it comes to efficiency and daily use. Normies friends were literally repulsed
>>
>>62346330
The servers are open source.
>it's ugly
You're retarded. And if you think looks matter more than privacy then this app isn't for you and you should honestly kys.
>WhatsApp and telegram
Botnets. Fuck off government shill.
>proof
I don't see any.
>normies
My friends and gf use it just fine. My gf actually likes it more than fb messenger.
>>
>>62346330

What's the name?
>>
>>62346330
> the servers are not open source
Fuck off.
https://github.com/wireapp/wire-server
>>
>>62346414
>WhatsApp and telegram
>Botnets
Are you joking ? Messages are encrypted on WhatsApp. Sure it's proprietary but it's like signal.
>My gf actually likes it more than fb messenger
>literally everything is better than this bloated crap
>>62346445
Wire
>>
>>62346445
Wire messenger. It's an open source instant messenger with end to end encryption. It's available on android, linux and windows. It's currently the best instant messenger around if you care about privacy of your conversations.

>>62346481
>sure it's proprietary
So prove that they don't make keys to decrypt your messages.
>bloated
It's the lightest IM I've tried.
>>
>>62346522
Meant the lightest/features ratio.
>>
>>62346481
>>62346522

Thanks bros, I'll try it
>>
>>62346522
No, i meant it's not surprising that your gf would prefer Wire to the shitty bloated mess that is messenger for FB
>>
>>62346330
ITT: OP shilling for Wire by falseflagging

>/g/ falls for it
pathetic.
>>
Wtf I thought this is a niche app no one used

I have relatives who live abroad and I've tried Wire, YeeCall, Whatsapp voice, Line, Skype, Soma messenger and facebook voice

Wire had the best, clearest, no lag sound quality followed by YeeCall and/or Line messenger
>>
File: 123.png (8KB, 273x237px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
8KB, 273x237px
>>62346773
But Wire is good and it's going to be even better.
>>
>>62346809
Tbh wire can be laggy for video calls on slower networks unless you enable variable bit encoding.
>>
File: IMG_0911.gif (780KB, 433x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.gif
780KB, 433x540px
>no iOS version

I want to get away from Telegram.
Got any alternatives for iOS?
>>
>>62346847
nvm, there is one. >>62346522 fooled me

Is Wire trustworthy though?
>>
>>62346330
I'll be more happy with wire when I can host my own server
>>
their clients suck ass.

>slow, bloated, crashes a lot, almost no options
>>
https://www.cyberscoop.com/wire-messenger-security-audit/
>>
>>62346773
Kek I was legitimately disappointed as my friends were. If only it had group video conversations...
>>
>>62346913
Irrelevant now.

Signal = Wire > piss > Telegram > shit > Whatsapp
>>
>>62346878
I wasn't sure if it was on iOS so I didn't list it. And yes, it's trustworthy. It's open source with soon to be open source servers. They wouldn't make it open source if they weren't trustworthy because otherwise someone would find maliciousness in their code and you would hear about it.

>>62346899
You're using an outdated version then. Their latest versions are as fast as anything else on both mobile and PC.

>>62346913
>The company’s response indicates that they want to address many of these issues in the coming year, including by opening up the server code behind it the app, within the first quarter of 2017.
The only issue they mention are the closed source servers, which every single IM has. And since they'll give their server code by 2018 they'll become the best secure instant messenger.
>>
>>62346975
>>
>>62346975
>You're using an outdated version then. Their latest versions are as fast as anything else on both mobile and PC.
fuck off you Wire marketer. kys for shilling this garbage
>>
I don't know why people care for server source.
There's no way to check what they actually use.
>>
>>62346988
Oh, they opened the servers already. I didn't know that desu.

>>62347001
If I was a wire marketer I would know that they've already made the servers open source. What shitty PC/Phone/OS are you using for wire to be slow?

>>62347006
I think the point is that you can make your own server from that code and host it.
>>
>>62347018
>I think the point is that you can make your own server from that code and host it.
That's extremely niche for a messenger marketed at a general public.
>>
>>62346330
Works well on my PC and smartphone and I don't think you can use the alternatives you mentioned without a phone number.
Normies love it, especially for the dumb filters you can apply to voice messages and for the sketch function.
>>
>>62346474
>dumps of random source code on github
>still not on f-droid
truly "open source"!
>>
Any1 tried compiling it from source?
>>
>>62346414
>looks don't matter honestly kys
this is the mentality that prevents you from having sex anon
>>
>>62348033
>still not on f-droid
This
both signal and telegram have their clients on F-Droid

I am not gonna use google play store to download an IM
>>
>>62346330
>Telegram and Whatsapp are way better than this crap

Telegram's server isn't open source, and as far as the clients go, "open source" is just a nice bit of marketing BS.

The Android app developer doesn't even know how to use git correctly. Both the Android and iOS app's public git repos are usually months out of date with the play store/app store release.
>>
>>62350441
>Telegram's server isn't open source, and as far as the clients go, "open source" is just a nice bit of marketing BS.
Is this nigga for real? Open source server is a bigger marketing BS.
>>
>>62350270
If you knew how fucking broken F-droid's key/update management was, you'd know why Signal itself isn't on F-droid, and will never be.

>>62347018
The servers were opened ages back, after I audited Wire. It passed okay, they sorted out all the problems indicated and we actually found and fixed a 0-point bug in Signal protocol handshakes in the process that got successfully upstreamed and was rediscovered independently by Trevor more or less as soon as it was mentioned (although it would only have been able to cause a handshake failure when exploited in Signal itself).

Wire also took seriously the CBR/VBR recommendations, even though I did point out that the Opus implementation of VBR didn't have enough time resolution to make speech content easily intelligible.

There is a optional closed-source blob in the client for "enhanced voice and video". (That is because it's got codec bits in it that they have actually licensed.)

I like that, unlike Signal, it doesn't need a phone number, and I think the two can coexist well (pity because Moxie hates them). Proteus is a good axolotl in Rust. I dislike the Electron client, but Discord has one of those and people cream themselves about that, and it's better than what Signal have currently (although that is going to change).

Pity about no group videochat, but that's bandwidth-heavy. Needs more work.

Signal's new profile implementation is better (actually quite impressive, I like how it works both mechanically and cryptographically). God if only Moxie would allow usernames and federation. I'm working on it.

Matrix/Riot/olm are still a thing, but development is still ongoing and you do still get some decryption failures.
>>
>>62350499
Latest commit three days ago

https://github.com/peter-iakovlev/Telegram (iOS client)
Latest commit 23 July 2017

https://github.com/DrKLO/Telegram (Android client)
Latest commit 24 July 2017

Honestly, I think this speaks for itself. Both clients have received several updates on the Play Store and App Store since July. Where's the source code?
>>
>>62350661
>The servers were opened ages back, after I audited Wire
what is your name
will you be my boyfriend
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.