[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ eternally BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: rekt.png (370KB, 2016x1304px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.png
370KB, 2016x1304px
holy shit, how will /g/ ever recover?
>>
one of the worst bait posts i've ever seen
>>
you're confusing free software with freeware
>>
Non free programs are doing it too now. So fuck it. Make a fake identity and use free shit
>>
Microsoft sells your data even if you pay for windows.
You basically need to see here >>62345189.
That whoever retard wrote your screenshot clearly has no idea of free software, at least not in the sense we use that term here.
>>
>>62344579
no one here uses either of those every one left adCuck Plus years ago and no one should have ever used ghostery
>>
That's why freedom-zealot cuck developers are important. These retards are willing to go broke to make a solid software that does no shady shit. Hail Stallman for creating cult around non-paid work.
>>
>>62344579
Nobody here uses these.

uBlock origin is open source, we know what kinds of (unimportant) data it collects and that it doesn't share this data with anyone.
>>
>>62345646
It's this cult that has even this started this apocalpyse.

Without all the open source libraries and programs, most of these developers would have no foundation to develop their anti-user datamining applications.

The GPL doesn't help much either, most developers just violate it.
>>
>>62344579
Free as in Libre, no Free as in Non Gratis. you fucking newfag.
>>
>>62345812
nah it's google making all their services free with major marketshare
>>
>>62345869
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre
>>
we are using free(dom) software, not free as in without cost
>>
>>62344579
no mention of UBO

kek
>>
>>62344579

>If you don't pay for the product, you are the product

We've been saying that shit word by word for years, what is your point?
>>
>>62346784
because it breaks narative
>>
>>62344579
>Free app
>Closed source
>Free

We are smarter than that goy
>>
File: booopensource.png (50KB, 603x447px) Image search: [Google]
booopensource.png
50KB, 603x447px
>>
>>62346843
the delusion in that tweet is staggering.
>>
/g/ has been telling you to stop using adblock plus since 2013 and has been telling you to stop using ghostery since it released, it's not our fault you're a dumb cuck that won't listen

>>62345812
>The GPL doesn't help much either, most developers just violate it.
all the more reason to call developers out for not using a libre license then I say
>>
>>62344579
Most developers still put trackers and other bullshit into their paid apps.
There is no difference in privacy between these.
>>
>>62346843
>Communism rocket dog Bodil dog rocket communism
Am i going to be the bad one, again, if I ooint out the stupidity of the person and his words?
>>
>>62346925
No
>>
>>62344579
>it avoids companies shaving to resort to business models that are not in your favor

>companies having to resort to business models that are not in your favor

>companies having to resort

>companies

There's your false premise.
>>
>>62344692
yet it gets so many (You)'s
>>
File: adnauseam.png (942KB, 998x752px) Image search: [Google]
adnauseam.png
942KB, 998x752px
>>62344579
>not using AdNauseum
It's literally banned from Chrome, what more proof do you need that it actually works in your favor?
>>
>>62346974
>if it works against google, it can't possibly also work against you
Not saying it does. Just pointing out your false dichotomy.
>>
>>62344579
Which is exactly why Open Source software is better. uBlock Origin is the best adblocker available, for example.

Microsoft sells your data and datamines you, yet their products and services are pay to use. So, paying obviously isn't an indicator of a good service.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.