[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I seriously hope you don't use Linux, Arch, or KDE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170910_034418.png (917KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170910_034418.png
917KB, 1920x1080px
1 compositing / panel doesnt update when disable (game launch/opengl launch) --> nvidia propritary

2 compositing flashing black screen graphical glitch during compositing enable disable after program launch(default settings uncheck allow applications to block compositing fixes it) ---> ONLY HAPPENS WITH OXYGEN WINDOW DECORATION FOR SOME STRANGE REASON

[eg: Start game > (compositing disable) > quit game (compositing re-enable) > Launch Dolphin > entire screen turns black & glitches out and you can 'wipe away' the glitches by dragging a window... ]

3 mouse scroll causes garbled text in the main menu and other system settings place

4 really inconsistant mouse scroll rates, painfully slow in menus, very fast in dolphin, etc

5 when hovering over many icons (pinned panel programs, files on desktop) tooltip causes very bad lag / choppy fps (depends on theme, some better than others, breeze is one of the worst for it)

6 glitched text in Ark until you resize, also happens in Open File dialog prompts, only happens when Preview is selected, fixes when mouse hovers over any item. Happens every time.

7 wallpaper settings sometimes doesnt display correct preview, displays wrong wallpaper than what is chosen

8 if you install too many themes/window decorations the default Breeze theme gets overwritten by a randomly installed one? (Removing all themes sort of manages to pull Breeze default back though)

9 firefox turns white screen with loading bar if compositing enables or disables at any time (game launch, opengl program) have to restart firefox to fix (fixed in Nightly)

10 Themes dont uninstall properly. After you click remove, it still shows 'Uninstall' in 'Get new themes'

11 sometimes audio will completely bug out and be totally distorted/garbled until you move the slider up & down a bunch of times.

12 switching default audio to HDMI from the panel menu causes audio to glitch out until you switch back & forth and move the volume up and down, gradually fixing it
>>
Why is Linux software so fucking buggy and unusable? They literally expect you to waste your time reverse engineering their shitty opensores software. Why do people bother with this? You really got nothing better to do?
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>
gotta have GIMP on quick launch, that's some good software there i open it and use it frequently and find it to be useful and good at what it does
>>
KDE is broken some other things work fine
>>
>you don't Linux, Arch
Is it possible using Arch without Linux?
>>
kde is shit
gnome is shit
xfce is shit
lxde is shit
lxqt is shit
just stop using shit DEs and you wont have any problems
>>
>>62344157
>KDE

seriously, just don't
>>
>>62344157
>I just scanned a forum on google for some linux complaints but I really know nothing about linux.
>>
KDE is garbage, everyone knows this. The only people using it are hipsters who think it makes them look "cool" and "different" for not using gnome/gtk but are too stupid to use something actually different like a twm or writing their own comfy env.
>>
KDE+i3 is god tier
>>
>>62344157
Never happened to me and I switched completly to linux this year in january.
>>
>>62344157
>Arch
It's not a professional tier distro, IT companies don't use it. No one gives a fuck what schoolkids use.
>>
>>62344157
linux is fine
if you use it without a de for a server
>>
>>62344451
Yeah, there was a version that runs on BSD, forgot its name.
>>
>>62344451
Depends on what you count as Arch
>>
>>62344157
1,2 - you can force compositor to always stay on
3,4 - replace libinput with evdev
>muh themes
>>
File: 8b1.png (666KB, 1126x845px) Image search: [Google]
8b1.png
666KB, 1126x845px
compositing is for plebs
themes are for plebs
guis are for plebs
>>
>>62344157
>KDE
>>
>>62344157
i too was was affected by 1, 3, 4, 6, 11.
also the theme broke when changing between white/dark rapidly, resulting in no interface or a way to call in a terminal , so i had to ctrl+alt+fX and reset sddm.
thats why i avoid kde since forever but try it sometimes to keep myself that way.
>>
>>62344157
KDE is shit, all the problems you described are its fault. It's not Arch's or Linux's in general. Switch to a decent environment and you'll be fine.
>>
>>62344177
>reverse engineering
Please learn the meaning of terms before talking.
>>
>>62344157
>>62344413
>>62344848
>>62345135
>>62345169
>>62346146
>>62346261
>>62346229
KDE is not at fault here.
Stop using meme distros like Arch, Fedoras and most other distros that can't into configuring KDE properly.

See >>62345190

Even Kubuntu doesn't have those problems.
The only really shitty thing about KDE is Discover because it has to interface to all the shitty package managers.
>>
>>62346600
KDE is at fault here.

It has given me similar problems in pretty much every distro I've used it in: Mint, Debian, OpenSUSE, Arch and even Ubuntu.

Currently using Arch with i3 and absolutely zero issues so far.
>>
>>62346655
Works on my machine.
>It has given me similar problems in pretty much every distro I've used it in: Mint
shit
>Plebian
you only have yourself to blame
>OpenSUSE
basically Fedora
>Arch
meme
>and even Ubuntu.
That's what you get for trying to configuring it yoursef.
>>
>>62346600
>KDE is not at fault here.

Yes it is. I build KDE from source, not using some distros preset and it is trash.
>>
>>62346677
>I build KDE from source
Sounds like you can't into it, either.
>>
File: 1433269613182s.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1433269613182s.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
>>62346600
>>62346676
>>62346684

How much are the KDE/Qt Nazis paying you to post embarrassing shit like this? You must be getting paid to make such posts without shame.
>>
>>62346711
t. arch pleb
>>
>>62344157
Stop using a crappy DE.
>>
>>62344157
>NVidia
Found your problem

None of that shit happens in my machine, faggot
https://my.mixtape.moe/wdzycr.webm

Literally 0 problem
>>
>>62344177
it's just kde that sucks, xfce lxde and gnome have never given me a single problem
>>
>>62344157
Linux is shit. There is absolutely no reason to use it over windows other than to be a contrarian faggot on /g/
>>
>>62346756
I can believe this, desu.

I tried Linux again recently and it seems to perform worse than ever to the point even scrolling the web feels sluggish, much worse than Windows 10 does and I use Intel/NVidia(oss and prop drivers) hardware from the last year.
>>
>>62346756
looks nice
I've never gotten kde/gnome to work this smooth, I can't fucking figure out why. Is it really the problem with nvidia? Those 2 simply run like shit, other more lightweight ones are good.
Even though this is a 2500k with a 1070
I'm just gonna give up and use i3 or something
>>
>>62346819
IDK m8, NVidia has historically unstable driver in Linux, as opposed to AMD. Which is why I went full red this year. I don't play many games but a 1700X + 570 does the job fine

When Shadow of war comes out maybe I'll switch to Vega or Navi or something
>>
>>62346778
>xfce lxde and gnome have never given me a single problem
In reality that is just a proper red flag for brainlet distributors. Another one is the a misconfigured bluetooth stack. Another one are deviantly packaged web servers.
>>
>>62346756
That actually looks pretty smooth
>>
>>62346858
I recorded this to have like 150 frames/second, video turned out to be 40MB but there was 0 stuttering --which was great
>>
>>62346676
KDE shill spotted.
>>
>>62346783
>kde and arch
>novidia

linux is shit.
>>
>>62346919
But I'm the KDE Shill, anon
>>
>>62346676
>>OpenSUSE
>basically Fedora
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2015-October/016315.html
>the Fedora 23 KDE Spin (which is now final or almost final) is easily the worst KDE Spin we have ever released

if you're going to shill kde at least do it right, fedora's kde spin was enough to convince me to finally switch to a tiling wm as it would have been less effort from switching to a distro that at least pretends to care about kde like opensuse
>>
>>62344157
What sad though, is that a lot of KDE applications are actually pretty gud, like Dolphin, Okular, etc.
>>
>>62344157
>fixed in Nightly
Then why even mention it?
>>
>>62347038
Novidia is the source of all problem, I never see any graphical glitch and everything is buttery smooth in the land of AMD
See >>62346756
>>
>>62344157
so, people still use arch and get mad when their bleeding edge distro has problems? wrong choice mate.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.