[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to transfer all installed program from one Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1500704813156.jpg (2MB, 1500x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1500704813156.jpg
2MB, 1500x1466px
Is there a way to transfer all installed program from one Windows 10 install to another?

I recently upgraded my system and it would be better to re-install Windows 10 but I have lots of programs, some which are important and are customized and I'm just too lazy to reinstall and reconfigure everything, so is there a way around this?
>>
>>62344065
No.
>>
apt get bash script

google it
>>
>>62344065
>What is disk cloning
>>
>>62344065
>upgrade
mspaint doesn't even work properly in windows 10
you were lied to
you think newer versions are always upgrades
because you're a marketing hypnotized little nigger
>>
>>62344091
Duh, that's not helping, I want a new Windows install, I just want to "transfer" my current program files folder to the new Windows 10 install.

Obviously copy and paste won't work, isn't there some kind of script that will do it automatically while taking care of registry and stuff?

>>62344119
I meant I changed the mobo because I now have a shiny Ryzen 1700. I was already on Windows 10 and I'm won't change it for anything else.
>>
File: 1503244121791.jpg (514KB, 2400x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1503244121791.jpg
514KB, 2400x1350px
I found that : https://www.easeus.com/free-pc-transfer-software/

But it's not free and I am not sure if it really works, any known and trusted free open source alternative?
>>
>>62344333
>>62344119
i just used this a few weeks ago to transfer windows install to SSD and use HDD for storage, don't bother OP it ended up 'kinda' working on the surface, but I started to have frequent freezes and i'm positive it was because i was lazy and cloned instead of fresh install. everything worked perfectly before the easeus attempt, which on the surface worked, but these freezes and fuckups started to happen immediately. you need to just install Windows fresh on the new drive, i can't tell you why but that's what i ended up having to do anyways after i tried the cheap, easy way out
>>
No.
Windows sucks.
>>
File: 1504796971128.jpg (39KB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
1504796971128.jpg
39KB, 480x470px
>>62344417
Well I want to fresh install but just get my programs back, actually I don't even need to move the programs, I just want some script to do the registry work so they're "installed" on the new windows 10.
>>
>>62344143

I don't think so because as far as I'm aware, programs install services, registry entries, right click context options, startup entries, firewall exceptions, in addition to just the files.

Programs also put things in temp folders or App Data and other folders.

I can't imagine a program that would move all your applications and somehow be able to find and replicate all of the things I just mentioned above.

Basically, unless you wrote something that could know about EVERY piece of an application on the machine, and pick and choose what stuff to copy over, you are basically cloning your existing windows (minus personal files) by installing windows and copying over your programs.

The obvious way to copy the programs from a to b would be to simply copy the registry, services, startup, etc over to the new installation. At that point, what is the point of re-installing.
>>
>>62344750

There is a lot more to windows programs than their program files folder and registry entries.

They have files all over the place, registry entries all over the place, services, firewall settings, virtual devices, and probably more I'm not aware of.

You can copy the registry from one instance to another, but I'm sure that is difficult and problematic, and probably won't give you the result you are looking for.
>>
>>62344065
I've generally had good luck copying my user directory to the new OS and then reinstalling the programs manually. Most of the time the settings and whatnot are stored in appdata and the programs pick them up just fine afterwards. I wouldn't rely on it for anything important though.
>>
>>62344814
>>62344843
OK, point taken, I think I'll just bite the bullet and manually reinstall all the programs I need.
>>
No, you fucking retard. Kill yourself.
>>
Microsoft has something like that for Windows 7, forgot what it's called and don't know if it's available for 10 though.
>>
File: IMG_0028.jpg (237KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0028.jpg
237KB, 1920x1080px
>>62344091
I take "basic shit OP doesn't know about" for 200, Alex.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.