[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best beginner friendly language and why is it Java?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Apps-File-Java-icon.png (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Apps-File-Java-icon.png
33KB, 512x512px
What's the best beginner friendly language and why is it Java?
>>
its C or x86 asm
Java is a clusterfuck with its this.mambo.jumbo(bla.bla, bla.lalala())
>>
>>62339156
Scanner reader = new Scanner(System.in);

int variable = reader.nextInt();

The answer is its library.
>>
Go back to werk
>>
BASIC and Forth and Smalltalk are the best beginner languages.
>>
>>62339156
C or assembly. I'm serious. That's where everyone should start.
>>
>>62339156
It's a beginner friendly language in the same way that an automatic Nissan Altima is a beginner friendly car. They might learn how to get from point A to point B, but they'll never truly learn how the car works because to them it's just a way to get somewhere.
>>
C without pointers.
There's a ton of stuff to cover as a first language; Java, or any other OOP language, adds a ton of stuff that can wait.

If I were in charge of curriculum, it would look something like this for first course:
- assignments
- conditionals and a little bit of Boolean logic
- switch-case
- for, while, do-while loops, plus break and continue
- functions
- input from keyboard, command-line argument flags, and files

That's 16 weeks with plenty of time for assignments and practice, plus some buffer days (professor is sick, federal holiday, inclement weather.

Second course could be a continuation of C, to cover pointers, plus some OOP foundations in C++.
I would follow up in the third course with Java.

Java is such a massive language that I would recommend waiting until programming foundations are established before learning it.
Otherwise you get distracted with the vast amount of standard library classes.
>>
>>62339669
>>62339718
>C

Nah, it's Pascal.
As low-level as C, but with a syntax that makes sense and doesn't turn type declarations into a recursive nightmare.
>>
>>62339156
beginner friendly? it's too much of a clusterfuck for that
>>
>>62340149
>Pascal
and then he'll enjoy relearning everything when he inevitably moves to a C-like language.
>>
>>62340227
Just
#DEFINE begin {
#DEFINE end }

It'll be fine :^)
>>
>>62339201
what is wrong?
>>
>>62339718
>There's a ton of stuff to cover as a first language; Java, or any other OOP language, adds a ton of stuff that can wait.
My introductory course used Java, but for the first half treated like a procedural language, with everything happening in main. Then they started talking about objects and the like.

I found it was sensible way of doing things.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.