[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all that money wasted on ThinkPads You can run Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.php.jpg (119KB, 650x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.php.jpg
119KB, 650x431px
>all that money wasted on ThinkPads

You can run Linux on MacBooks dummy
>>
My high school had Ubuntu installed on macs. That's how I grew to hate unity.
>>
>>62336993
>over $1000 on a pile of shit hardware in a glass and aluminum casing
nah
>>
File: 1504842512499.jpg (2MB, 1800x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1504842512499.jpg
2MB, 1800x4500px
>>
Honestly, the hardware kind of sucks.
>>
>>62337470
this. had a macbook once and it was always chugging along.

never touched apple again. Even the iphone. I did the same thing with Sony. When a company starts using intentionally bad tech, I drop them.

If they present themselves as a boutique company, and their tech is cheap shit, the illusion is broken and I'm too smart to buy in.
>>
Why on earth would you run Linux on a MacBook when it already ships with a perfectly usable UNIX based OS that is downright superior to Linux for everyday use?
>>
>>62337497
I would buy an itouch though, but the limitations made it hard.
>>
>>62336993
>recycled soda can laptop made for poor people
No thanks
>>
>>62337290
I'm gonna need to do some iPhone development soon. Should I just make a hackintosh?

I've been doing a little bit in an OSX VM but it's so buggy that's it's barely usable.
>>
>>62336993
poor bait
>>
>>62337290
>But it's so THIIIIIN! Why don't you want my THINness?

Fuck you Tim Cook, why do you have to be such a faggot? This isn't a fucking phone. There is a reason why MacBook Air was a separate product.

I'll stick with my 2011 model with decent capacity AND REPLACEABLE battery.
>>
>>62338684
get a cheap T420 + dell dw1510 wlan card and try it, it's the perfect hackintosh machine where everything werks on latest macOS.

if you don't like it the t420 is a pretty popular model so you could sell it for the full price you paid to /tpg/ autismos
>>
>>62336993

Good luck making Suspend by closing the lid work in a MacBook Pro 1,2.

I have one of those lying around with Linux Mint installed and i havent figured out how to fix that and the sound.
>>
>>62336993
>money wasted
>his solution is to purchase a macbook
lol
>>
Work like shit on newer macs
https://github.com/Dunedan/mbp-2016-linux
>>
>>62336993
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
>>62340031
People who buy new Macs are retards. A solid 15" Pro can be had for $350
>>
>>62336993

I literally sold my 5 year old MacBook Air 11" that I originally had bought for 950 shekels for 430 shekels and bought a 2.5 year old ThinkPad T440s that originally had cost 1800 shekels for 350 shekels.

Macfags are extremely delusional but that is good because you can sell them your used macs at a high price. Never buy a used mac.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.