[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

node.js fork

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: file.png (13KB, 230x226px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
13KB, 230x226px
hey /g/, what do you think of ayo.js and why is it better than node.js?

>http://www.zdnet.com/article/after-governance-breakdown-node-js-leaders-fight-for-its-survival/
>>
>>62328747
Ayo hol up. Got any more of those ""users""?
>>
File: KANGZ.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
KANGZ.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>62328747
>>62328756

>AYOHOLUP.js
>>
>>62328747
>>http://www.zdnet.com/article/after-governance-breakdown-node-js-leaders-fight-for-its-survival/

It's designed to bring together a diverse range of people from different cultures, beliefs, genders, and backgrounds from across the world to work on a project and be treated fairly -- a core value of any global collaborative open source project.
"There's better value in having diversity than having some individual have the free speech that would work against others," he said.
That toxic culture in Node.js' governance has led to an inclusivity problem.

knew it sjw bullhshit
>>
>>62328747
It's rather ayylmao.js
>>
>>62328838
I love that webm so much.
>>
>>62329151
> is better to have diversity than free speech
>>
>>62329339
current power level - Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>62329388
t. absolutist
>>
This is a good case study on how SJW destroys.
>>
>>62328838
did she ded?
>>
File: 1497324180960.jpg (79KB, 388x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497324180960.jpg
79KB, 388x500px
>>62329388
Hitler Dubs confirms.
>>
File: 1493362090413.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1493362090413.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
On semi-unrelated note, what does /g/ee think about Node running on Microsoft's Chakra js engine (used in Edge) instead of V8?

https://github.com/nodejs/node-chakracore

Chakra, which is open source, is supposed to be in every way better than Googel's V8.
>>
>>62329151
So, what? Some super valuable dude to the project was also a dick, and people who care more about feelings of inclusivity than the project itself resigned?

Why should anyone care about this, other than the fags that put their feelings ahead of the project?
>>
File: 1503052053046.png (277KB, 469x452px) Image search: [Google]
1503052053046.png
277KB, 469x452px
>>62329151
>There's better value in having diversity than having some individual have the free speech that would work against others

Just nuke America already
>>
>>62329666
thanks satan
>>
What's better:

>diversity
>javascript
>>
>white men create something useful for society to enjoy.

>SJW's and minorities step in, shout ayoholup and tear it down.

typical.
>>
>>62329688
javascript, because it wouldn't be forced down my throat at my place of employment
>>
>>62329688
They're synonymous.
>>
>>62329696
Depends on the place of employment. My CTO recently decided to rewrite our C stack in Javascript.
>>
>>62328747
>14 issues
>less than half of them are even tangentially related to the actual code
>>
>>62329708
did they give any reasons? why would you rewrite something that works fine?
>>
>>62329726
C isn't webscale.
>>
>>62329627
I don't have an opinion on Chakra (yet).

In general I think it's good to have a choice of engines, but I worry that Microsoft being Microsoft will deviate from the standards and cause packages to break on V8.
>>
>>62328747
The ultimate progression from nerd to hipster to tranny, crystalized in one project. We present you, ayo.js
>>
>one (1) PR with actual technical contributions
>a reviewer has questions about the design
>prefixes the comment with this big-ass disclaimer:
"I do have some questions about this implementation. It doesn't have to be as detailed (or contentious) as a Node.js EP, but I think these questions are likely to come up in the future. Please understand that, by asking these questions, I'm also genuinely interested in the answers and not trying to pass any judgements on the decisions made by this implementation."
>>
Reminder that writing well documented high quality code is racist and patronizing to Programmers of Color (PoC's) who did not have the privilege of a good education.
>>
>>62329568
>did she ded?
no, she actually enjoyed it.. thats their mating ritual. last time I checked, they now have 2 kids together..
>>
>>62329736
wut
>>
>>62329958
Node is faster than C because it uses an event loop
>>
>>62329808
i had to walk on eggshells for half a decade with my first girlfriend, it was hell. I can't imagine having to do it around people you dont even care about beyond a professional level, if that, day in and day out. the project is going to implode
>>
>>62329958
Node uses mapreduce at scale.
>>
>>62328747
is this the one where they forked node because of the code of conduct??
>>
>>62328747
AYO HOL UP
>>
>>62330008
Also it is more modern than deprecated C.
>>
Someone make an issue asking asking a rewrite to Rust or better to C+=.
>>
>>62329840
if by
>they now have 2 kids together..
you mean
>they have 2 kids
>she has 7
>he acts like he has 0
>>
>>62329151
So node actually had good staff? Shame it's such a shit project
>>
File: 11.jpg (229KB, 964x936px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
229KB, 964x936px
>>62328747
WEW
If even this bullshit with code of coduct and xe/xer is not PROGRESSIVE for them, what kind of freaks are they
>>
>1 merged PR
>upstream

I think it is hilarious to see that the SJW's thought it was a good idea to fork and leave making it clearly visible that they know nothing about development but rather spend their time complaining about white males.

Ayylmao
>>
https://github.com/addaleax
i mean
> istanbul
> germany
> she/her
>>
>>62331717
but there's no xe/xer in there. in fact it's more of a he/she/them kind of thing.
>>
AYO HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN WE WUZ DEVS AND SHIEEET
>>
>>62331774
just look who are "she" there
>>
>>62328747
Only people who pull in a couple of lines of code off the internet and let their service be trivially be broken would think using javascript on a server is a good idea.
>>
>>62328747
kids you forking the project for the wrong reasons, one forks something because the main devs don't want some features you then implement it and try to merge them back by convincing the official project that your idea was worth it, win win for both sides, but this is plain stupid... also i like to see node crash and burn, that things has to die.

>>62331807
its web devs that never programmed properly, they want their shit code plastered all over the internet
>>
>>62331807
Thought server sided JS were a bad idea?

Check this out http://www.espruino.com
>>
File: funposting.jpg (87KB, 362x500px) Image search: [Google]
funposting.jpg
87KB, 362x500px
tl;dr summary:

* 2009-2013 men start nodejs, all is good
* 2013-2015 few sjw trannies infiltrate and politicize the project, thought police commisars on irc and mailing list and such
* politicized to the point that important technical transitions are impossible (ie commisars prefer political status quo over technical progress), results split of io.js in 2014~15
* eventually io.js is merged back in the node, temporary truce
* same shit in 2017, but now with even more gender drama (this time involving an actual female or two)

SJW clique (Ashley): http://www.nodetogether.org/
White cis male clique (Rod): https://www.reddit.com/r/node/comments/6whs2e/multiple_coc_violations_by_nodejs_board_member/
>>
>>62329708
I can somewhat switching away from C, finding employees who could write net facing C code which wouldn't be one huge exploit waiting to happen is expensive.

Then again, Javascript is only tiny step up, weak typing and all.
>>
>>62331717
The problem with the Node COC is that it doesn't allow good people to evict bad people from the project on a whim.

>good people accuse some Node bigshot of breaking the CoC, want him kicked out of the project
>bad people disagree, think he did nothing wrong
>following the agreed-upon procedure, it goes to a vote of the such-and-such committee
>they vote to do nothing
>good people can't be wrong by definition, so this is proof that the system is broken
>good people take their contributions to a new fork where they can set up better governance policies

Too bad we'll never get to see the new governance model implode, since ayo will never be big enough to spawn enough of internal drama for that
>>
>>62331890
Javascript makes me appreciate Python fags ...
>>
>>62331991
The point of ayee is not a fork as such, but show of power until the SJW behemoth reforms. This is the second time this happened to nodejs, and by the looks of it, we can even expect yearly nodejs drama in the form:

- SJW oppress white cis contributors
- White cis male chimp out and fork
- SJWs cant code
- SJWs incorporate white cis male fork and yield some of their power back to cis males
- rinse repeat next year

nodejs is basically eternally locked on the forefront of hegelian meta-morality. the only thing that can save em is cis white male BDFL taking over the project somehow.
>>
how do you pronounce IO? People usually say "eye oh" but it's not "eyenput ohput"
>>
>>62328747
I think it's a good idea. It will steer snowflakes away from node.js and keep that project on point rather than wasting time because someone posted an eggplant.
>>
>>62332073
>This is the second time this happened to nodejs
I thought io.js was forked for more legitimate reasons? As in, disputes between Joyent and the open source contributors over the technical direction of the project, or something like that?

>- White cis male chimp out and fork
What are you even talking about? It's the SJWs who made ayo, because they want it to be easier to kick people out for not being perfectly PC
>>
>I thought io.js was forked for more legitimate reasons? As in, disputes between Joyent and the open source contributors over the technical direction of the project, or something like that?

The main technical reason was v8 3.x vs 4.x transition, but also sharp decline in merging contributed code. Politics was already part of that -
numerous accounts of people being excommunicated from ml and irc for accidentaly using some triggerwords.

>>62332112
>What are you even talking about? It's the SJWs who made ayo, because they want it to be easier to kick people out for not being perfectly PC

I stand corrected, this time it's indeed the white cis scum whos in the majority and its the SJWs making the fork.
>>
>Vagg violated the CoC
>>
>>62329627
>chakra
Literally pajeet wheel. No wonder the company is full of pajeets
>>
File: 1474602143936.gif (4MB, 158x223px) Image search: [Google]
1474602143936.gif
4MB, 158x223px
AAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYYOOO
*smacks lips profusely*
SO HOL UP HOL UP
*steals*
SO U BE SAYIN
*gets jiggy wit it*
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
*eats a skittle*
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
*checks for nearest KFC*
U BE SAYIN
*collects welfare*
HOL UP HOL UP
*licks teeth and smacks lips*
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
*does the crip walk*
SO U BE SAYIN
*opens a up a 40 and pours some for his homies trayvon and michael brown*
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
*tweets about dis and goes to check in with his parole officer*
WE GON BE
*dindu nuffins*
FINNA WE GON BE
*sucks air through teeth*
AYYYOO HOL UP WE GON BE
*pulls up sagging pants*
SO WE GON BE
*instinctively looks around for police*
SO U SAYIN WE GON BE
*faints and then gets up repeatedly*
SOM FINNA
*scopes dem titties*
SO WE GON BE
*shouts at movie theater screen*
SOM FINNA
*chucks spear*
AYYYOO SOM FINA
*sets down cotton bale*
HOL UP
*strokes welfare check pensively*
WE GON BE
*throws gang sign*
SOM FINNA
*swings from basketball hoop*
WE GON BE
*grabs dick and shuffles left and right*
SOM FINNA
*participates in a drive-by shooting*
HOL UP MUH NIGGUH
*converts to Islam*
U SAYING I BE SOME
*repeated World Star yelling in the background*
SOM FINNA
*sells crack*
SOME SORTA PROGRAMMERZ N SHIT?
*evolves from a primate*
>>
>>62331971
We write embedded software.
>>
>>62331717
The irony is this blowup wasn't over them enforcing CoC on some poor white guy, it was when a white guy they constantly shat on (for being white, and a guy) brought a ton of saved messages to light, showing that the (lesbian PoC) flagrantly violated the CoC and was never punished for it.

In return they got rid of him and essentially confirmed that indeed, CoC does not apply to the victim classes. It's entirely a weapon to be used against whites and men.
>>
>>62334873
>My CTO recently decided to rewrite our C stack in Javascript.
>We write embedded software.

I'm so very sorry.
>>
>>62334873
Jesus fuck, this can't be real.
>>
>>62334873

Gas yourself.
Seriously
>>
File: ows.jpg (135KB, 739x518px) Image search: [Google]
ows.jpg
135KB, 739x518px
ah, so it's an SJW fork? well then it's nothing. it will devolve into the same organizationl structure and effectiveness of occupy wall street

>picrelated
>>
>>62335709
What the? You're not serious. Or do you mean embedded as in tvs? Can't imagine the tiny avr running node.js when it can barely handle a rtos. If you did manage that, that would actually be worth some prize.
>>
>>62335802
Exactly, they'll tear themselves apart with their destructive, internally-contradictory ideology.
>>
>>62328747
it reminded me about one fucked Russian (Georgian) commie feminist bitch. She seized a project named Sci-Hub. The goal was to make scientific works available for EVERYONE. But she recently chimped out and forbidden the access to Russians.
What commies could do: steal. What commies couldn't do: work and follow their ideals.
>>
>It's pronounced like "Ayy Hoe"
what did he mean by this?
>>
pls no more javascript, make it stop
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k30VQqfwuSs
AYO
>>
>>62331490
>deprecated C

What deprecates C exactly?
>>
>>62338794
Does C have a CoC? Check mate, my dear m8.
These guys are funny but couldn't tell safe code if i threw it into their face. Whenever i show my friends who do research for red hat some coq/framac, their brain turns off and they argue by "but it passed tests and fuzzing, it's secure". Not to mention the horrendous state linux kernel is in, security-wise. Can't conjure castle from shit.
>>
>>62330008
You can use an event loop in C.
>>
>>62339197
Y-you don't know the NoSQL video?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.