[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 36

File: C9kO4TtXkAEF6pL.jpg (38KB, 680x378px) Image search: [Google]
C9kO4TtXkAEF6pL.jpg
38KB, 680x378px
"At the pool" edition.
Previous thread: >>62316228
Use a search engine before posting.
>>
>>62328393
Why do get colds more in cold weather?
>>
>>62328393
How the fuck do I mount a CIFS share in Android?
I'm running the below as root, selinux is set to permissive for the time being:
#mount -o username=user,password=pass -t cifs //192.168.X.X/share /data/media/0/cifs

Doesn't work with
#mount -o unc=\\\\192.168.X.X\share,username=user,password=pass -t cifs none /data/media/0/cifs

either.

The target folder exists, I'm only getting cryptic "Invalid argument" errors.
>>
Something fucky is happening with my desktop. It's Windows 10, it's my games machine, I do all my personal shit on my laptop, all of sudden Windows says I have no firewall or Antivirus and to turn it back on. Everytime I open the windows security settings it closes a second later, and when I do go in the long way through control panel and all that it doesn't let me run Antivirus or turn on the firewall anyway.

Sounds like I've for some kind of AIDS, unless somebody here knows better?
>>
>>62328393
Serious thou
How do I become a hacker?
What should I learn? Where should I start?
>>
>>62328583
Learn social engineering, best bang for buck.
>>
How do I send GPS data from a drone to me real time
>>
what's the best firefox version that i can use for ricing?
>>
>>62328662
bananaphone
>>
i have a macbook pro retina display 2012, aka macbook a1425

Can i just remove the ssd and plug it right into my pcie slot in my PC or do i need a special converter?
If i need a converter, can i get a specific name for one?
or just link me to one that ships to philippines,, such as one from lazada.com.ph
>>
when i try to update my graphics card drivers, it says "partially installed" and i get an error code 1603, then it just goes back to whatever driver it was before.

gpu is amd radeon hd 7770

how can fix?
>>
>>62328675
netscape navigator 1.0
>>
I have two portable hard drives, and I'd like to set up manually triggered incremental backups from one to the other. What free software will let me do this?
Veeam seems like really popular backup software, but they've been ignoring this external->external use case for over two years.
>>
File: trojan.png (39KB, 548x748px) Image search: [Google]
trojan.png
39KB, 548x748px
I'm a Win10 user and this past week Windows Defender has found a different instance of Trojan:Win32/Tilken.B!cl every three days. I have run an avast antivirus complete scan and it found nothing.

>Should I be worried? Can I do something beyond a format?

Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Tilken.B!cl
>>
I'm using a Thinkpad with a 500GB SSD as the only storage in it right now, will I run into any problems if I take that SSD and just put it in a desktop I plan on buying if I'm going to run Windows 10 unactivated or do I need to move my files to a different HDD, wipe it and move them back after setting up Windows? From what I've heard you mostly run into problems with the Windows license and things like that if you take a hard drive from one PC and put it in another.
>>
File: buy-music-meme.jpg (87KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
buy-music-meme.jpg
87KB, 599x600px
>>62328393
SELinux forbids MPD to read /var/log/mpd/mpd.log, hence I can't run it as a systemd service. I'm running Fedora.

Here are my MPD permissions:
/var/lib/mpd:
total 16
-rwxrwx---. 1 mpd wheel 204 7 sept. 12:30 mpd.db
-rwxrwx---. 1 mpd wheel 190 7 sept. 12:32 mpdstate
drwxrwx---. 2 mpd wheel 4096 22 mai 18:52 music
drwxrwx---. 2 mpd wheel 4096 22 mai 18:52 playlists

/var/log/mpd:
total 4
-rwxrwx---. 1 mpd wheel 404 7 sept. 12:31 mpd.log

/var/run/mpd:
total 0

Thanks to the anon from the other thread.
>>
>>62329049
sudo setenforce permissive
>>
Is there an extension or a script that automatically hides/removes those "our site uses gluten-free cookies" blocks of wasted space?
>>
>>62328973
Run sysprep, shut down your pc and make sure its next boot is in the new PC. For the new pc try using the microsoft activation hotline and claim you're replacing a busted mobo.
>>
Why is my av receiver playing in PCM 2.0 stereo, when the mkv file in plex is 5.1 flac? I've already enabled audio passthrough, but it still says the source is stereo.
>>
File: 1504045657983.jpg (23KB, 498x320px) Image search: [Google]
1504045657983.jpg
23KB, 498x320px
Is a 4k monitor worth it, or is it just a gimmick? It's getting colder and my old LG display takes anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes to warm up, so I'd like to aquire a new one.
>>
>>62329845
4k is one of the least useful things you can get out of a screen, and it takes a lot more GPU power and storage space/bandwidth to make use of it. Basically we've reached the point where increases in resolution have minimal benifits. For media, 1080p is fine. For editing and shit, 1440p is about as high as you would want to go. IPS is nice if you can take the hit to response time, hdr is beautiful on content that supports it.
>>
File: 1483224508384.png (119KB, 664x597px) Image search: [Google]
1483224508384.png
119KB, 664x597px
Will I see a huge improvement if I chnage my 4x4gb U-DIMM 1600ghz DDR3 to 4x4gb 2400ghz DDR4?
>>
>>62329899
Upgrading ram without increasing the amount is like the weakest upgrade you can do. If you have any other part of your system you can upgrade, I would hit that first.
>>
>>62329899
Upgrading from DDR3 to DDR4 requires a new motherboard and thus likely also a new CPU.
A new CPU is probably way more of an upgrade than new RAM.
>>
>>62328503
Because your immune system is weaker therefore you're more easily get sick from viruses.
>>
File: 1503229318904.gif (899KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1503229318904.gif
899KB, 540x540px
>>62329882
Okay, 1080 it is then. Thank you anon!
>>
>>62329936
is there any mobo/cpu that can take both DDR3 or DDR4?
normally upgrading memory type means also upgrading mobo/cpu
>>
>>62330011
skylake
>>
>>62330026
i haven't looked into new hardware for a number of years, so i'm not sure what that refers to
intel stuff in particular, last i looked at any intel stuff was back when the core2quad was top of the line
>>
>>62330042
It's not the latest gen, but the one immediately before it. Most of the boards with that socket support ddr3 or 4
>>
What's bad about win10 compared to win7?
>>
>>62328393
I have a ds2 controller connected to my computer, and my Linux host sends it through to my Windows VM so I can play BOTW.
Now, since today, my controller has started to control the mouse as well in my VM.
I tried removing anything that could affect drivers such as motionjoy and scptool, some shit because Windows + Gamepads = A Complete Mess

Coincidentally, I updated my Linux host yesterday, but it shouldn't affect the guest in any way, right?

Any ideas how to fix this?
>>
I want to move my OS to an SSD. Is it worth to move program files (steam games, softwares) to the SSD as well?
>>
>>62330077
Mandatory updates, microsoft auto removing programs they don't like, telemetry including a keylogger and a list of every exe you run, major ui changes every year or so, a lot of settings being undone during those changes, updates breaking windows way more often than acceptable, ads on the welcome screen, hard integration of edge browser and bing search, microsoft removing access to settings whenever they feel like it
>>
>>62330139
General programs yes, large games no, unless you've got enough space that you don't care.

I'd also think about sticking your desktop and my documents folders on the HDD.
>>
>>62328662
The drone has USB ports so grab one of those GPS stick things and attach it to him.
Monitor locations on PC
>>
>>62328786
DDU
>>
What's a really good voice recorder and a really, really good transcription software for it?
>>
>>62330137
you're just passing the usb adapter through, right?
host updates shouldn't affect anything
>>
>>62330288
Yep
>>
>>62329899
Where RAM actually matters

1.You are running integrated GPU which benefits a lot from DDR4 and Dual channel memory giving you more frames in games

2.Dual channel memory (DDR3 or 4 regardless) does not give you more frames in games,it does help with processing video,rendering or intense scientific calculations.
>>
>>62324625
Would this be doable with ipset on openwrt? Someone point me in the right direction pl0x.
>>
File: 12476149.gif (113KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
12476149.gif
113KB, 480x270px
Will ECC un-registered DDR3 DIMMs work in a sandy bridge H61 motherboard ?
>>
>>62330702
Check your motherboard manual.
>>
What's with the fucking meme that USB keyboards can't manage n-key rollover. How is it that some shitty webcam can push 1920x1080 pixels but a keyboard can't push more than a few keys?
>>
File: zoom.jpg (733KB, 1638x2230px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.jpg
733KB, 1638x2230px
>>62328393
Is it worth getting one of these for high quality sound recordings or could I get the same results with my smartphone (Xperia Z1) and a microphone?
>>
File: vcx.jpg (52KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
vcx.jpg
52KB, 530x530px
Threw in an old motherboard into my case cause my previous one was gone, but this current one doesn't have a fan control setting in the bios. So the fans are running at the complete lowest speeds, perhaps 800 & 1,5k RPM (case & cpu fan). SpeedFan seems to SOMETIMES remedy this, but doesn't seem to do the job quite as well as you'd expect it to. The "Automatic fan speed" setting doesn't seem to really work that well, even with a "minimum fan speed" value, especially considering when putting load on my CPU shows the fan's RPM's barely higher, and the temps going up, or showing up as "hot". What am I missing? Is there a way to fix my fan speeds before SpeedFan forgets to do it's job and I have a bunch of burned up pc parts?
>>
>>62330890
Learn how those keyboards work, and you'll understand.
Just put some extra bucks in the next one so you get some better hardware.
>>
>>62330730
dont tell me what to do
>>
>>62330913
I have it.
It's great and you can' t compare it to smartphones.
>>
>>62330890
Why does this even concern you? Seriously I've never managed to grasp why anyone would ever see n-key rollover as a legitimate feature. When are you people using this? Whats happening when you have to press your entire keyboard at the same time?
>>
Whats a good place to learn computer science (The hardware and communication side of things, not necessarily programming) that isn't just pure information and definitions, but actually tries to teach you
>>
>>62328393
The car I'm buying has built-in navigation.
How bad it is privacy-wise? Can I turn that off?
It's Volkswagen Golf Mk6.
Can anyone from /o/ elaborate?
>>
>>62330940
Thanks. Yeah, I might just get one.
>>
I don't know shit about shit

How do I scp using an RSA key? I need to grab some files from my friend's server but it just prompts me for a password, and I have no fucking clue. What is a password? Is it a passphrase for his key?
>>
So my ASUS laptop's fan started rattling louder than a vacuum cleaner, and I have 7 days of warranty left. What do?

>wait until Monday and contact support, maybe they'll let me repair it myself
>just send it in for RMA while the warranty hasn't ran out yet
>fuck asus and open it up myself

I'm half-decent at PCs, definitely not an expert but I built my own desktop and also fucked about with my thinkpad a bit. If it's like a loose screw or some shit (I can hear something rattling inside when moving the laptop around, so honestly it probably is) I could fix it no problem - which would save me the hassle of backing up all my data, wiping the system, digging out the original packaging (if I even still have it - and if I don't, then the problem becomes packaging it correctly so they can't claim I broke it in postage), and potentially dealing with BS if they decide they don't want to repair it for free.

On the other hand if I open it myself, warranty is void, and since asus laptops are nowhere near thinkpad-tier in ease of repair that means that if I fuck something up, or it turns out the problem isn't something I can fix easily, then I'm screwed.
>>
>>62330936
It will say right in it if your model supports it or not.
>>
What is the best way to learn python ?
>>
I have a ton of sites where I don't want to ever revisit the specific pages I visit.
A good example is 4chan.
What is the best (future proof) way to only store a single site in firefox?
Eg, I would like to have /g/ suggested, but I don't want to store individual threads, and I don't want this feature disabled entirely.
Is there any plugins that work for this?
>>
>>62331093
If you aren't 100% confident you can fix this yourself better, faster & more efficiently than support, probably shouldn't wing it. I have personally never used a warranty in my life, so I don't know what it feels like to open up a piece of tech I OWN in fear, but if it's an expensive laptop and you don't want to possibly fuck it up yourself, probably just RMA it. It's free and they'll fix it up for you, with some downtime on your end, of course.
>>
File: Capture.png (183KB, 694x662px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
183KB, 694x662px
>>62331120
You can pin them when opening new tab
>>
>>62331110
Don't.
>>
>>62330947
Mostly games. If you're strafing and pressing W and A, then you crouch and also throw a grenade or whatever, that's 4 keys - many cheaper keyboards, especially rubberdomes, will fail in such a scenario.
Additionally, in some cases due to the debouncing on mechanical keyboards, really rapid keypresses can technically be simultaneous. So in the above example, if you release A and then very quickly press D and Space, every now and then the keyboard might end up with 5-6 keys pressed.

Unless you mean that 6KRO should be enough - in which case I'll agree. But not all keyboards support even that.
>>
>>62328393
What's a good ebookapp that can sync between android & pc? Preferably with gdrive
>>
>>62331150
Alright, yeah, I'll probably do that. Now I just need to find a good place to back everything up to, since I don't think I have any spare HDDs around.
>>
>>62328628
Yea read that Kevin Mitnick book
>>
How do I turn my Windows 8 laptop into a wifi hotspot?
>>
>>62331226
Surely you don't have that much data you couldn't reacquire easily? Store important stuff on multiple google drives, format rest?
>>62331182
I actually haven't used a keyboard that isn't able to handle my mashing since about a decade ago. Just tested my cheap mech keyboard plugged in via usb, pressed the entire thing down instantly and it worked, n-key wasn't even advertised as a feature on it, and I personally thought that was only a PS2 port feature, anyway. Huh. I guess I get where you're coming from but I still don't know what kind of keyboard wouldn't allow over 6kro, especially when mine was about only $35 from some chinks.
>>
File: audio.png (2KB, 684x41px) Image search: [Google]
audio.png
2KB, 684x41px
When I select "bestaudio" in youtube-dl, it chooses Vorbis 128k over Opus 160k.

Is this correct?
>>
Where can I find trustworthy benchmarks ?
>>
>>62331110
get a book on the subject.
set yourself a few exercises
use pep8 (or alternative) and let it help you fix your code.
>>
>>62331381
Gamers Nexus
Digital Foundry
>>
>>62331159
No, I want to fix the shitshow that already exist, not use a worse solution.
The only reasonable workaround would be to set the suggestions to more than a few results, so it is easier to delete the results.
>>
>>62331366
Only a few hundred gigs of data I'd really want to keep, the rest is mostly torrents (games and movies). You're right, I should probably just delete everything, especially since I barely even use private trackers where the ratio actually matters.
>>
Explain Adblock to a retard who's never used it. How much does it improve my browser performance and resource usage? Wouldn't it block important JS/flash/media? How does it tell apart ads from important stuff?
I saw AdNauseam mentioned in some threads. Is it the same thing? If so, which is better?
>>
a better workaround is to increase the suggestions page and then clean up once a while
>>
>>62331484
Get uBlock Origin its the fastest and best ad blocker on the market.

AdNauseam is spammed by /pol/ kids who got BTFOd by Google and are now buthurt.

Welcome to /g/
>>
>>62331484
Pretty sure adnauseum is for anti profiling and also fucking over google, i think the ads are removed too if you want. Neither should block anything else, ads are quite easy to identify, find them yourself with inspect element or whatever.
Use adblock if you hate making people money, use AdNauseum if you hate google making money
>>
>>62331167
why
>>
>>62331531
Might as well tell him to look into host files to block ads system-wide?
>>62331484
If you're interested in that, you could definitely do that, fuck it, just google it it's simple to do but difficult to explain.
>>
>>62328393
>open up fritz.box panel, set up new profile for all connected devices, add blacklist
>fill blacklist with domains and ips, e.g. adobe.com
>set up windows firewall to block certain ips as well
>open browser, type in one of the blocked ips, e.g. adobe.com
>site still loads
help, it can't be that hard to set up a working blacklist, can it? I want to block adobe products from updating etc., looked up different lists online but it's still working
>>
>>62331545
>if you hate making people money

I just thought I could have faster browsing and/or not use up half of my RAM on ads that I just ignore anyways. Not that it's very important to me, I still have the other half and I don't do much besides browsing.
Also, the main reason of high resource usage is that I always keep shit tons of tabs open desu.
>>
Is there any good open source tool that will easily turn a windows 8 system into a wifi hotspot?
>>
>>62331484
It blocks ads. No, it won't block actual content. It uses filter lists, which usually either block specific websites or specific parts of web pages (so a really simplified example would be, if a website has a div element with an id of "banner-ad", which it uses to show, well, banner ads, it will probably be included in the lists and get hidden - meanwhile, the website it wanted to load the ad from, say doubleclick.net, will also be in the blocklist and so the content from it won't get loaded).

It improves performance because you can have a 500KB webpage with 8MB of ads. Plus they're usually loaded dynamically through a complex auction system, so when you load the page, behind the scenes a whole bunch of network activity happens - and usually a bunch of javascript executes in your browser too - before finally loading the actual ad graphics. The result is that with moderate internet (50-100Mb/s) a page load which would take about 0.1s can easily take 1-2 seconds.

Finally, since ad networks basically send in their content into your browser without your opinion, every now and then you'll get malicious ads. These range from very widepspread tracking mechanisms (if you browse with ads, chances are your browser fingerprint is tracked all the time) to the rarer actual virus ads, that either use exploits or try to trick you to click "accept" or download something. And this can happen on literally any website, not just dodgy porn sites or whatever.
>>
>>62331622
I didn't know the answer to your question but then I googled it and now I do

You fucking faggot
>>
I'm configuring MPC-HC by following the /g/ wiki (because I'm too brainlet to use mpv). I'm trying to set Reclock as audio renderer but it doesn't appear as an option. Any idea how to fix this?
>>
hardware acceleration on my browser stops working if my computer goes to sleep. i have to restart to get it working again. how do i fix this?
>>
>>62330975
Bump
>>
>>62331631
>malicious ads
No such thing on NUG±Loonix :^)

Yeah, ads spy the shit out of me and stuff but there's no escape from the spywaer botnet anyways, even on OMG=Lxniox I've been browsing and not giving the fuck for years and I'm still alive.
>>
>>62331651

there are several tools out there and I wanted to know a /g/ recomended one you cocksucker
>>
>>62331615
Leaving your browser open for extended periods of time is going to lead to large amounts of ram consumption either way. But if you want to save resources, ublock origin is the way to go. All the other blockers end up using a lot of ram to process.
>>
>>62328393
I'm using Firefox and ublock, will they automatically push an update for ublock when the time comes? How will they transition?
>>
File: 1481803601760.jpg (120KB, 613x842px) Image search: [Google]
1481803601760.jpg
120KB, 613x842px
so I fell for the acestream meme and have since uninstalled it a week or so ago. However, maybe every other day the browser addon keeps reinstalling itself and I have to keep removing it through an antivirus as its impossible to remove through the browser itself. Whenever I do a malwarebytes scan with the addon not installed it comes up with nothing. As far as I know no other aspect of the software is present on my computer and yet the addon keeps coming back like an infection where you stop taking antibiotics too early. Any ideas? It hasnt actually effected my experience at all through adware or otherwise but I still dont like it.
>>
>>62332034
They probably already have. 57 is just when they hard block the old addons.
>>
>>62332049
If you don't have a system restore point, do a clean install.
>>
>>62332072
Its not that severe. Its just adware that I never see because my antivirus picks it up instantly every time it comes back
>>
>>62332034
you already have to run an old version of ublock to get it to work on the new firefox
>>
>>62332090
You have a program that keeps reinstalling itself and can only be killed with the assistance of an AV. That's pretty much the definition of malware. How are you supposed to trust your system when you've let untrustable code start doing shit on it?
I've burned it all to the ground for much less.
>>
>>62332049
You say that a MWB scan doesnt pick up anything? I actually used acestream for months before the unwanted features started to kick in and when I did a scan it found it pretty quickly. If you have an old version of it update it and try again
>>
File: ekh.png (42KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
ekh.png
42KB, 395x395px
>>62328393
Is there some panel that combines all kind of security tracking for a debian server? like failed auths, banned ips, dropped connections from recent etc
>>
File: Untitled.png (30KB, 664x305px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
30KB, 664x305px
Ping drops every few seconds. (this is google.com ping btw)

How can I trace what causing the drops?
>>
File: Marriage Proposal.png (54KB, 1513x569px) Image search: [Google]
Marriage Proposal.png
54KB, 1513x569px
>install Debian
>goes fine
>install Nvidia drivers
>xserver breaks and doesn't start

>install Void Linux
>goes fine
>install Nvidia drivers
>xserver breaks and won't start

what the fuck am I doing wrong here, I've bricked 4 different installs because of this.
>>
>>62332516
Use mtr and see which hop shows the first sign of a delay. More than likely it'll be your router's connection out to your ISP, so check your PPPoE session logs (if that's what it's using).
>>
How can I stop my antivirus from detecting cracks and activators as "HackTools" and deleting them? Can i disable the deletion of "Hacktools" in malwarebytes?

Also whats a good activator for Sony Vegas 13.0 64bit ?
>>
File: 1381449331_117.jpg (25KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
1381449331_117.jpg
25KB, 640x479px
Best open source batch renamer on windows?
>>
How do I set up a simple catch all mail server for my own domain?
>>
>>62332533
Nobody can help you if you don't provide any logs or error messages.
>>
File: 1504893917362.jpg (15KB, 453x398px) Image search: [Google]
1504893917362.jpg
15KB, 453x398px
How do I boot from an usb on a raspberry pi?
>>
File: MalwareExclusions.png (53KB, 928x585px) Image search: [Google]
MalwareExclusions.png
53KB, 928x585px
>>62332586

For every other AV type the AV name on google, together with "exclusions", "exceptions" or something like that and it'll give you instructions.
Also, be careful, some of the cracks, activators, keygens etc. might be consist of real malware, so download mostly on private trackers, relatively older torrents with decent amount of seeders and comments.
>>
>>62332684
>Use a search engine before posting.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bootmodes/msd.md
>>
File: file.png (260KB, 1062x708px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
260KB, 1062x708px
I'm using an HP laptop and it's overheating as fuck.
Last time it happened, a BIOS update solved it. Now I just updated the BIOS but fans are still going full speed.
How fucked am I?
>>
>>62332747
When's the last time you cleaned it? Could just be clogged with dust. Alternatively, heat may have already done the damage, and you might need to replace the motherboard.

You'll know you are in REAL trouble if you get BSOD or a kernel panic.
>>
>>62332159
>I've burned it all to the ground for much less.

>doing nothing
>cmd pops up for a sec. hdd light blinking
>delete all binaries and overwrite boot partition with a clean image
>turns out it was some shitty steam game that updated itself

Literally me.
>>
>>62332695
thanks
>private trackers
i really don't know any good torrent site besides rarbg wich is exclusively for video.
>>
>>62332922
www.zamunda.net
There're geo-restrictions, but I think you'll access it by VPN.
It's the only living private tracker that I know actually.
>>
>>62332766
I opened it to clean it the last time it happened (last year), but there was nothing to clean desu.
I'll try again just in case.
>>
What's the best torrent client for windows?
hard mode: no old utorrent
>>
>>62333024
qbittorrent
>>
I need a latop for work. I work at 4 different offices during the week, and commute by car, so I dont need to watch the latops' weight, although 15.5" is the largest I'll go. Heat and noise are not an issue, and neither is battery life as I will always be near a power outlet. Screen quality isnt a biggy, as long as its 4k and I can display 4 fairly readable windows/vm's on screen.

I'll be using mostly 3 to 6 vm's, and responsiveness will be a huge bonus.

After some research, I found a Dell Inspiron 7567, i7, 16gb, 1050ti 4k ips for 950$.

Yes, it is marketed as a gaming laptop, but I wont be using it for games.

Does anyone have any better recomendations or suggestions for a good bang for your buck lappy?
>>
What software can I install on both my PC and Android that allows them to wirelessly access each other's files?
>>
>>62333062
Airdroid
>>
>>62333062
Wifi File Transfer Pro
Just installed it today.

http://www.apkhere.com/app/com.smarterdroid.wififiletransferpro
>>
>>62333024
Tixati
>>62333062
KDE Connect ? i think
teamviewer could prolly work, there are many others too, mainly file explorers.
>>
>>62333024
deluge for windows
>>
>>62333055
Greetings from the guy on /b/. :3

I'm off to getting drunk and watching a replay of the recent DTM race. Hope you get your advice.
>>
>>62333055
>4 cascaded VMs
>15 inch screen
If good eyesight alone can get you laid, annon is the new Genghis Khan
>>
>>62333055
Get an i7 thinkpad, you'll get something better than a dell on ebay probly. Look at the thinkpad buyers guide threads on /g/
>>
>>62333024
Tixati is genuinely the best if you don't mind that it's nonfree software.

I also like Deluge but I heard it can get fucky if you have too many torrents.
>>
>>62328393
I was plugged into a speaker and some jackass stepped on the wire and bent my 3.5mm jack from the inside of the computer (Latitude 2120) it still works but It's bent upwards. Is there something I can do to set it back?
>>
>>62333193
Last time I used Deluge, it crashed all the fucking time. That was like 6-7 years ago, tho.
>>
>>62333205
It probably got better, not had any problems so far on my end. I only have like 100 or so torrents though
>>
File: Screenshot_20170909-170900.png (320KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170909-170900.png
320KB, 1440x2560px
>>62333150
I actually have 20/10 vision. Attached is how I browse on my phone.

>>62333148
Cheers. Hope you enjoy the game!

>>62333160
Why do you say a thinkpad is a better choice than a dell? Genuinely curious, as I havent had much experience with either
>>
Is Nightly and Dev firefox good for normal use?
>>
File: 1504119654667.jpg (86KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1504119654667.jpg
86KB, 979x832px
>>62333247
>is untested beta software good for normal use
>>
>>62333247
Yup.
No issues so far, as long as you dont use loads of plugins
>>
>>62333247
A lot of people use nightly. I think the difference vs stock firefox is pretty much placebo, but knock yourself out.
>>
I recently installed Ubuntu and the device scanning for bluetooth hangs up and I can't find my devices.
What is a fix for this?
>>
>>62333126
>>62333193
Isn't it banned in most trakcers?
>>
>>62333398
It is, but it's also pretty good at spoofing allowed clients. I've seen people claim they've been using Tixati on private trackers for ages with no problems whatsoever.

Though if you value your accounts it's always better not to take the risk.
>>
how much would a paid vpn decrease the chances of being sent love letters from my isp for torrenting? which paid vpn do you recommend for this? should i pay in crypto?
>>
>>62333455
>how much
A lot. Assuming it's properly encrypted, your ISP will have no idea what you're doing.
BUT you can then start receiving love letters from your VPN about this.

>should I pay in crypto
Only if you want to hide from your VPN. Which is a valid reason, yes - so maybe you should. But keep in mind that paying in bitcoins doesn't suddenly make you anonymous - all transactions are recorded and stored, so if you buy some bitcoins from an exchange (non-anonymously) and then pay your VPN with them it would be trivial to trace you. It does, however, add an additional layer of obfuscation - and you'll probably be safe unless the legal system/law enforcement gets involved and starts an investigation.

Then there are altcoins with a focus on anonymity and plausible deniability, and there are bitcoin tumblers, and other ways, but you have to know what you're doing.
>>
Are the hotfixes KB2645594 and KB2646060 still needed in a fully up-to-date (windows update with nothing left) Windows 7 installation?
>>
File: pokemon_pepe.jpg (124KB, 800x761px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_pepe.jpg
124KB, 800x761px
any image hosting site that lets uploader set part of the URL?
for example: www.website.com/f4Gx1/pokemon_pepe.jpg
>>
Is there any difference between one of those cables to plug headphones and microphone into the same port and a regular headphone splitter?
>>
>>62328393
What is happening with wiki.installgentoo.com ?
>>
File: 02017-09-08 22-15-17.webm (948KB, 300x850px) Image search: [Google]
02017-09-08 22-15-17.webm
948KB, 300x850px
WHY THE FUCK does this always fucking happen. What the fuck is going on. I can't use the first column on my desktop because the icons just keep fucking up.
>>
Should I get a 128gb or 256gb Micro SD for my S7 Edge?
>>
>>62334235
what for
>>
File: C6Kz4s6U4AA-0KG.jpg (37KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
C6Kz4s6U4AA-0KG.jpg
37KB, 665x574px
why can't all programs run on all of the different kinds of os? is it because the lack of needed libraries, or is it something deeper with the kernel? Also how is java the "runs on any machine" language
>>
Stupid question.
But is making a program useable on USB as simple as installing it on the USB?
Or do I have to do something else to make it work like that?
>>
To all the tinfoilfags:
How secure is a ROM like AICP?
>>
>>62334290
Music, photos, 60fps videos, and some games.

I know I probably won't come close to maxing out the storage on either cards but I'm still paranoid as fuck about running out of space.
>>
>>62328393
Is it bad that i use browser to check my mail?
Are mail clients any good? Which one is the best?
>>
>>62334360
It's mostly a library issue. There are some things that only work on linux versus windows kernels of course but for every day applications, the libraries and dependencies are what matters.

Easy example being Qt vs. VS. VS depends on windows libraries to work whereas Qt is self contained.
>>
>>62334812
this is probably going to sound retarded, but why can't they add the libraries? Are they copyrighted
>>
>>62328503
Because ideal temp for virus is a little lower than normal body temp. Same reason you're body runs a fever to fight infection.
>>
Got a "probability and matrices" module in my next semester.
What are some good resources/books to read up on the essentials? I know generally what a matrix is and some operations on it, but nothing in the sense of computing, same with probability.
>>
>>62334843
Because eventually the dependencies go down to the kernel. When they don't, then you can add the libraries, and that's called a "cross-platform" application/library (like Qt). But for instance, unlike Qt, Windows Forms strongly depends on the Windows API, so you either basically need to add Windows to your Linux machine (which won't work), or you need a compatibility layer that will mimic the Windows API (such as Wine).
>>
How do I install exfat-nofuse on Linux Mint 18.2? I can't successfully make or make install.
>>
I've just made a fresh installation of windows 7 and when I try to install latest drivers for my AMD R9 380, the program just crashes ( AMD software has stopped working ).

What do?
>>
File: storage3.png (232KB, 831x800px) Image search: [Google]
storage3.png
232KB, 831x800px
which free cloud service is currently the best?
most space? most features? ease of use?

I need to set someone with automatic backup of their important shit.
>>
>>62328393
Is this okay? I wanted more power but didnt want to spend a ton so im using the case from my old build
>>
>>62335910
post in here >>62325688
building general..
and my personal opinion is wait for 5th october
either you go intel or ryzen might go down in price
>>
Does anyone have that wizard image that has all these GNU/Linux commands written on the potions and stuff hanging around him?

I think there was a frog version of that?
>>
How can I break loose from Google dependency? I use chrome to handle bookmarks both on PC and mobile and I use Drive to save my important files. Do I need to even worry about this? I understand yeah it's a botnet but how and why should I switch?
>>
>>62336070
Use another browser.
>>
>>62333204
bump
>>
>>62335977
Thank you, sorry didn't see that thread!
>>
>>62336141
Get a new jack and re-solder it on.

Or, if it's just the glue, cut the plastic open, and fix the alignment.
>>
>>62336169
dang, I need to get it into a shop then. Thanks mate.
>>
I need to move a virtual machine from virtualbox with snapshots to another computer, I don't understand why the snapshots don't appear when adding the path to the fucking snapshots. OVAs don't save snapshots too.
>>
>>62336185
I mean, I haven't personally done it, but I'm guessing that you just need to fix that plastic part as far as I know. If it works, you don't need a new jack. Just make sure you don't damage the jack itself by using pliers to move it or something.

>>62336196
Are you moving the entire directory as well?
>>
>>62336209
>If it works, you don't need a new jack. Just make sure you don't damage the jack itself by using pliers to move it or something.
Well the jack works but its tilted at an angle and its no longer firm. It's sorta like my dick after some good loli
>>
How do i properly restore chromium from a backed up chromium folder? I tried doing this earlier but none of the extensions were working/showing up
>>
>>62335761
If you attend school, check what they offer.

My school has Box, and it's pretty good. If else fails, just try google. Or just try all of them and see which one is best, and write an article about it.
>>
>>62335448
>AMD
>Drivers

The memes write themselves.

>>62335422
Check the README or INSTALL file to see what dependencies you need installed.
>>
File: KillMe.png (49KB, 194x269px) Image search: [Google]
KillMe.png
49KB, 194x269px
I have a fully functional printer, but I have no idea what to do with it. I'm scared of selling it since it's so bulky, but it is utterly useless to me right now. Is there anything I can do with it?
>>
I'm using a Gigabyte gaming k3 ax370 motherboard for an entirely new build with M.2 ssd, and the bios isn't recognizing the ssd at all. Ii recognizing my hdd just fine. What could I be doing wrong?
>>
how can i change color scheme in lxterminal? i cant read dark blue on black background. thank you
>>
>>62328904
Have you looked at rsync or a gui version of rsync?
>>
>>62336442
Write drivers for it, make it print doom frame by frame
>>
>>62336488
How do I write drivers for it?
>>
What's a good antivirus for windows 10? Should I just stick with windows defender?
>>
>>62336475
*it's
>>
>>62336509
Google it up I guess. Haven't done it myself, but seen people doing it.
>>
>>62336519
That should be fine. Avast used to be good but it's too annoying nowadays.
>>
>>62334044

bumping this
>>
I recently swapped from manjaro i3 to ubuntu for reasons. I'm setting up pywal to rice my i3 but i have no idea to put my start up commands in ubuntu since there are no .xinitrc file.
And yes, i am shit at linux. I just use it because i like having a tiling wm on my laptop.
>>
>Buy deathadder
>Breaks less than a year later
>Buy some deathadder-like mouse by a low-level manufacturer
>Still going strong after all these years with no issues, fucking glad i kept it around

Why is razer so shit?
>>
>>62334044
LOL had that issue too the other day, it has something to do with resolution scale settings in control panel

Iirc it's somewhere in the dialogue where you can change the windows theme skin and shit, that setting is hidden as fuck but if you google around you will eventually find it

Fuck whoever coded that at m$ seriously
>>
>>62336660
>gayman products
Pretty much self-explanatory.
>>
Is there a suitable alternative to Cheat Engine yet? I use it for games that pad out shit like MGSV but the last time I installed it it came with self replicating adware despite me opting to not install it, giving me flashbacks to sourceforge.
>>
Is it possible to do reballing with a hair drier?
>>
Which program to get pdf thumbnails?
>>
Hello, /g/. I just my /csg/ certified BM-800 shit chinese microphone.

What are some good programs to record audio? Something that's not web related. What do (You) use?
>>
>>62337157
Get a heatgun. You're not actually reballing, you're trying to get the pins hot enough to melting point which lets the solder melt and remerge to the pins after you remove the heater.

You gotta be careful though, not too hot, otherwise you can fry the chip. Make sure you move the heatgun around.
>>
>Laser Printer Toner.
The eBay clones any good? I usually use the LD clones. Literally half the price...
>>
I'm a brainlet, can you explain how kids activate bootleg windows 10 these days? I'm trying to play games here but I don't want to give microsoft my shekels
>>
>>62337271
Well time to invest more money for my business then.
>>
>>62337300
Mydigitalife forums> Microsoft toolkit

>https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

>Im lazy and i dont wanna make an account
Paste this to any torrent client.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FB59D3260575A6BFDE6880CE4FF8893D10F01B06
>>
>>62337157
You have to be shitting me.
>>
>>62337265
GNUsound or Audacity.
>>
What has more paste, Noctua NT-H1 or MX-4?
>>
>>62337330
This is /sqt/ anon, and i used the wrong term, what i was trying to say was reflow not reballing.
>>
>>62337353
Pre heat oven on 125C.
Bake card for 5 minutes flat
Resell cards on ebay
Dont give warranties they break after a month of moderate usage
Profit
>>
>>62337374
You piece of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aZZxNptp0
>>
>>62337271
Will any cheap heatgun work (Stanley Heatgun for $25-30) or should i get a good one? what do you recommend?
>>
>>62337301
You can get a basic heatgun for $20

I mean, you can try with a hair dryer, but I don't know if it will get hot enough.
>>
Is it true that if you get a "data error cyclic redundancy check" error while raring shit, that means your HDD is going to crap itself soon?
>>
>>62337510
I have
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004TUCV/

But I think
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EU2T8GG/

will do too.
>>
>>62337550
Alright, thank you.
>>
is there a way to make mouse forward refresh the current page in firefox linux if forward fails due to being on the newest web page?
>>
>>62337322
Cheers mate!
>>
Why does tweaking windows's ClearType fucks with the font-weight property in firefox? youtube looks like shit now
>>
>>62337654
wat
>>
>>62328393
I've never installed gentoo and it's been tempting me for a while
I've been using arch for over 7 years though and I have a few questions
>Is gentoo bleeding edge like arch
>Is it as easy to update everything as like with arch and pacman
>Is there a good amount of software available like with arch and the AUR
>>
>>62337716
no. latest stock kernel is 4.4.9
not as easy
Not really
>>
>ssh user@machine
>rsync file /zfspool
>30-50mb/s average
>ctrl+d back to local machine
>rsync file user@machine:/zfspool
>120mb/s average
What am I not understanding here?
>>
>>62337701
2 buttons on mouse, forward/back in firefox. back brings me to 4chan.org/g/catalog, forward brings me to this page. forward again could f5 to refresh instead of doing nothing.
>>
>>62337756
alright so I'm sticking to arch I guess
Thanks
>>
What was the alternative to google's playstore again? I'm on BlackBerry 10 and want android apps :^) (no i dont want to install 3 apps to googlefy my phone)
>>
>>62337766
I have no clue what the fuck you are talking about.
Elaborate your self
>>
File: 1309547068262.jpg (35KB, 288x268px) Image search: [Google]
1309547068262.jpg
35KB, 288x268px
Irma's about to fuck my town six ways til sunday /sqt/
Anything specific I should keep in mind to keep my newly built pc safe? I was thinking of just unplug everything and storing it all on high shelves when shit starts to flood.
>>
>>62337789
I want to refresh the current page in firefox by pressing a mouse button.
>>
>>62337792
>living in the Unified States of the Continent of North-America
>>
>>62337818
use mouse gestures
>>
>>62337500
I have seen his videos and I got burned with a reflowed 480GTX.
I want the world to hurt like it hurt me.
>>
>>62337871
>mouse gestures
fuck that.
>>
How to block ads at the skype landing page that opens up when you start the program?

Not that i care much because i never use that portion of the program anyways but it'd be nice to be able to block these just as a further fuck you to ((microsoft))
>>
>>62337689
nevermind it's just a nightly problem
>>
Fucking chirst, this is ridiculous. I "bought" a free song/soundtrack off amazon and I'm trying my damnedest to download it one way or another. The only ways seems to be enter my credit card information for amazon music, which I don't want to do since I'll literally never spend a penny there, and there shouldn't be any need since Amazon should already have my info. The other option seems to be through some Amazon Music, but the fucking app isn't available outside the US, and I'll probably have the previous issue again anyway.

I honestly don't even care about the soundtrack that much, If I really wanted it I would have pirated it by now, but I just want to know how you're supposed to download the damn thing (I'm glad I never actually spent money on it). I assumed downloading music legally wouldn't be this convoluted.
>>
>>62337921
host file blocking
>>
>>62337792
Do you have any anti-static bags or anything? It'd be worth keeping your hard drive(s) on your person and store the rest of it on a high shelf.
>>
>>62337921
>>62337921
Actually scratch that, the fucking ads are in the chat windows aswell now fuck

Fucking forced update, it won't even let you send any further messages now until the other guy has accepted your request first lel
>>
>>62337930
Use other services if you buy music,bandcamp is straightforward as it gets.
>>
How do I convince my friend to delete his Facebook account?

How do we stay in touch over the internet if neither of us have Facebook accounts?
>>
>>62338012
Discord,everyone and their mother uses it.
>>
>>62338027
Discord actively monitors(censors) both text and voice chant for content they seem "inappropriate".
>>
>>62337990
I don't buy, or generally listen to music. This is literally my first experience trying to by music since I bought a CD for a gift 10+ years ago. I just saw a soundtrack on Amazon that was free and I decided to check it out for shits and giggles, but there's no reasonable way to download it.
>>
So just before i phased out my previous build the hdd in there started to shit itself, i suspect that it caused most if not all of the system lockups and hard BSOD's before it died for good.

Just out of curiosity, can this kind of shit (BSOD's and the whole build becoming completely unstable + unuseable) happen with SSD's which are about to die for whatever reason too?

I read somewhere that SSD's are more subtle about hardware failures and will go into read only mode or something so that you can still pull your shit off without suffering constant crashes and such
>>
>>62338052
So fucking what,so does facebook.

t.I have younger bother that got in trouble because FB post content
>>
File: 1504901560952.png (646KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1504901560952.png
646KB, 1200x1000px
>>62338027
>Delete Facebook, only to go to Discord
>>
>>62338056
Well I dont use amazon,I either pirate or get it directly from bandcamp.
>>
>>62338073
So you dont use facebook or discord because it violates your right to privacy.
>>
>>62338073
No-one is saying that Facebook is better. They're both botnets and should be avoided.
>>
>>62335910
That MOBO was DOA for me and feels cheap physically.
>>
>>62338057
Trust me, a damaged SSD wont give you BSOD, just freezing.

Controller dies? well its FUBAR.
Something happens? its read only.
SATA cable damage? well there you can get BSOD.

Still check everything else before doing it.
Boot in Linux and test your SSD.
>>
>>62338079
>not using 10 minute mail to create discort account
>not using browser version of discord in a private tab
wew
>>
>>62336070
>it's a botnet
>why should I switch
Answered your own question there mate
>>
>>62338095
Then why'd you reply to my question if you had nothing relevant to say? You fucking subhuman retard.
>>
>>62338113
>>62338113
Yeah but i mean i can safely pull the data off in any case (if push comes to shove even externally or via 3rd party ssd recovery software) right?

Also i think that most of the BSOD's were caused by some serious mechanical/physical failure of the previous hdd (that's what the lab report said anyways iirc) so i think i should be good with my evo 850 in this regard since it has no moving parts
>>
>>62338186
wew buthurt autismo calm down
>>
File: file.png (46KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
46KB, 210x230px
>apt install python3.5
>error
>apt install python 3.5
>installs 200+MB of random shit before I stop it
How do I fix this? holly shit
>>
>>62329845
get a 2560x1440. Qnix with no scaler is best, virtually no input lag, practically guaranteed to run at 96hz, IPS-tier panel, and less than $300

>>62329882
yes, 1080p is fine for media, but 99% of people use their computers for more than just media. and 1080p for anything else is fucking garbage. 1600x1200 is vastly superior to 1080p. 1920x1200 is good as well
>>
>>62338262
use arch
>>
>>62330009
no you idiot. 1080p is trash. for fuck sake. get 1920x1200 or 2560x1440. or even fucking 1600x1200 is better than 1080p trash
>>
>>62338262
Why 3.5? Just install python3 and get the current version
>>
>>62330947
>>62331182
how do i test how many KROs i have?
>>
what sites can i use JDOWNLOADER on?
>>
>>62331724
>windows
>/g/ recommended

i recommend you fuck off
>>
>>62332499
theres a couple options, but ill just point out that conky can be made to do this
>>
>>62338270
But 1080p is the most common resolution next to 768p. So those 99% of people think it's garbage as well? Stop with your opinions and making them facts. 1080p is fine for the majority of people. A lot more use it than 1440p and 4K combined for PC use.
>>
>>62338284
>>62338270
Stop same posting it's sad.
>>
>>62332533
use *buntu
launch synaptic package manager
click settings:repositories
click additional drivers
select the driver you wish to use and hit apply
>>
>>62336700

Goddamnit, yeap, this has to be it since I set resolution scale to 120% since I had to go a few days without my contacts. Fucking hell.

Thanks for the help man.
>>
File: 2017-09-09-181341_111x118_scrot.png (49KB, 363x217px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-09-181341_111x118_scrot.png
49KB, 363x217px
>>62334044
>>
>>62338519
At least it's not Blacked.
>>
>>62337157
blowtorch the heatsink
>>
>>62334044
>The problem with gen 1
Is that the censored version? I have the uncensored original if you wanted it.
>>
>>62337510
you should not attempt top-tier solder rework when youre an amateur noob solderer
>>
Does anybody know how I can make a simple text based homepage without any HTML coding knowledge?
>>
>>62338403
the majority of people who think 1080p is fine have no idea what resolution even means. the amount of vertical pixels on 1080p is trash, and no ones whos used something with at least 1200 vertical pixels thinks 1080p is acceptable unless theyre retarded. stop justifying purchasing your shit tier ultra low end consumer garbage, when you could have spent the same on a 2560x1440 IPS that runs at 96Hz with less input lag, idiot

>>62338419
i was replying to different posts, faggot
>>
I have a problem trying to activate windows 7.
First of all, I'm dual booting linux and windows with what I guess is grub2.

I have tried many times using daz loader to activate a copy of windows 7 to no avail. It's Windows 7 Ultimate x64 downloaded straight from Microsoft site iirc.
After the loader finishes installing and tells me to reboot my computer, I do so and try to boot my windows 7 partition but I'm greeted by what looks like a broken boot and proceeds to tell me some ways to recover windows. I'm told to put my installation disk and type in cmd "bootsect /nt60 SYS /force".
So I put my installation USB and go to repair. Go to the options to repair my installation, type what I was told, reboot and try to go to windows but I see no changes and I'm still unable to use it. I then go again to try and repair my OS and select the option to fix boot problems or something akin to that. It finishes and in the diagnosis it says the root cause was the boot manager is corrupt. My computer reboots and I'm now able to use Windows but it is still not activated. I read the FAQ that comes with the installer and it tells me to disable type 4 memory or use the legacy setting. I have tried both ways many times to no avail. I have also selected the ignore the systems SLIC settings but I still can't activate windows. Also I have tried using Gigabyte SLIC and certificate because of my hardware with a preset key or all 3 of the same type of hardware with no success.
The only thing I haven't tried is moving my partitions so windows is the first one or try activating a fresh install. I don't have another HDD to backup my data nor do I have the means to get one right now and as I said, have tweaked some options of the loader many times and have to repeat all the process to be able to use my inactivated windows again and try again but I'm still not able to activate it.
Any help would be appreciated.
>>
File: The Problem with Gen 1.png (397KB, 893x2947px) Image search: [Google]
The Problem with Gen 1.png
397KB, 893x2947px
>>62338519

It's an fake of Emma Watson, don't judge.

>>62338561

There's a censored version of this?
>>
>Tell origin to download game to external HDD
>Piece of shit ignores it and downloads it to SSD anyways
>Cancel download when i notice my 500gb ssd has only 60gb left (it was 110gb before)

Did this useless piece of shit known as origin just fuck up my ssd and its lifespan? I heard the overprovisioning limit is 10% or something so my 850 evo should be good still nonetheless i assume
>>
File: retarded on purpose.jpg (265KB, 1000x1181px) Image search: [Google]
retarded on purpose.jpg
265KB, 1000x1181px
so this normie I know apparently can only go to youtube and pornhub on his computer
I doubt that's possible and I'm 99% sure he's a complete retard
>>
>>62338869

Wait, what?

There's no downside to using space on an SSD. That's what they're made for.
>>
>>62338869
it's only bad if you continuously write and rewrite a specific section of it
origin is a piece of shit program anyway, don't expect it to listen to you
>>
>>62338987
Yeah man it really is, too bad ((ea)) has a drm monopoly on some of the best fps titles in existence heh
>>
>>62339019
I have to suffer through it for muh bf4
I wish I could have bf4 on my hard drive but that almost triples the loading times
>>
>>62338941
His DNS servers is fucked up,it happened to me twice and I barely managed to fix the damn thing,
Windows straight up refuses to change it or some shit.
>>
>>62339066
apparently he can't open links
I'm thinking he fucked something with the default browser in windows and now nothing works
>>
File: Capture.png (44KB, 412x459px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
44KB, 412x459px
>>62339086
Im willing to bet that the PC only opens google.com and youtube.com
I had the same fucking issue it has nothing to do with the browser he needs to change some setting.
Pic related
>>
>Buy chromebook
>Take steps toward throwing Linux on it
>Install new firmware, backing up old firmware to flash drive
>Restart with intent of installing distro
>Black screen - flash drive seems to be doing something but the screen shows nothing at all
>Try recovering firmware with other flash drive - still stuck on black screen

It almost looks like a display problem, because the flash drive with the distro on it reacts (lights blink on it) as if it's being read.

What the hell do I do?
>>
mathlet here, I need to calculate the eigenvalues of a matrix, can I just get it into lower triangle and then read off the diagonal values?
Will this work with floating point numbers?
>>
>>62339113
he's a massive bitch about everything so I'm not going to help him
>>
>>62331269
That is an excellent book with great examples of social engineering. I recommend it.
>>
>Tried to restore backed-up appdata chrome user profile
>Instead of activating the old user profile it wiped the browser/existing extensions clean for some reason

Should i just deinstall chrome and start over with the exact same version as from the backup? God i hope there's old versions of chrome available somewhere
>>
>>62339086
If he's quite dumb then a lot of run of the mill malware hijacks DNS to proxy it and insert ads.

If the malware gets partially removed or isn't running then you might get a situation like he is in.
>>
With Firefox's impending sudoku by killing off plugins coming up, what should I use instead? Waterfox, Pale Moon? I already have Chromium but I'd rather not use it as my main browser.
>>
>>62338775
Windows is fucking up grub and overwriting it.

If you can back up your Linux partition do it and just let Windows install its shitty bootloader and once you get it activated and set up then reinstall grub from your Linux install.
>>
>>62339282
>>62339282
Wew for some reason it worked flawlessly with chromium, which is pretty awesome since that one is the best browser by far for light browsing imo
>>
>>62339331
Just switch back to v51 and disable auto updates my man, it's the last good version with a half-way decent GUI and java support
>>
How do I clean my keyboard like the actual board?
I took out the keys.
Can I just use dish soap and water
>>
>>62339331
seamonkey?
>>
"An algorithm is said to be of polynomial time if its running time is upper bounded by a polynomial expression in the size of the input for the algorithm, i.e., T(n) = O(n^k) for some constant k."

Okay, what if k is like a trillion though? That's probably worse than O(n!) for reasonable values of n.
Would this terrible running time still be classed in P?
>>
>>62338310
It can be really difficult, because usually it depends on which keys you press. For instance, modifier keys often don't count towards this limit, so even on a 2KRO board like a Model M you can press Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+S or whatever.
So the definition of key rollover is "the maximum amount of keys that can be pressed at the same time for ANY combination of keys". This means that if, say, everything can be pressed at the same time except the B key, which won't register if you press it at the same time as more than one other key, you have 2KRO, because there exists a combination where pressing more than two keys results in the third key not registering (in this case, of you press any 2 keys then B, the B won't register).

In practice, however, the alpha keys are almost always the ones with the least rollover, so checking how many letter keys you can press at once is probably very reliable.
>>
I have a Windows and Linux dual boot on 1tb harddrive. The Windows partition is 800gb and the Linux partition is 200gb but I also have a 250gb SSD that only has some games on it. Should I just give Windows and Linux each their own drives by moving Linux to the 250 SSD and expanding the Windows partition to the full 1tb harddrive with the games? And would this be an easy task or no?
Thanks
>>
is it normal for jdb2 process to be writing to the disk nonstop?
my hdd has been making noises consistently and it normally doesn't so i was checking iotop with sudo iotop -oPa -d 2 , and the only thong that's doing big writes to disk other than firefox is jdb2, some sort of ext4 journaling process or some shit. but it's consistently been ~1% of my IO nonstop. i search online for answers and i only see people complaining when it's at 99%. i've tried to kill the process but it auto resumes and i don't even know if it's the cause of my problem.. maybe my hdd is just dying or some shit
>>
>>62339331
Either Waterfox or Icecat if you're using Linux
If you're using Windows just use Chrome or Vivaldi or some proprietary shit
>>
>>62339565
Yes, because eventually, for large enough values of n, the factorial one will take longer than the polynomial one.

That's why in practice, the O-complexity of an algorithm isn't everything. For instance, if you know you're going to be dealing with small inputs (n < 10 or so), an O(n^3) algorithm can be a better choice than an O(log n) where the logarithmic one has a constant term of like 1000.
>>
>>62339504
Do you want your OS to be vulnerable to security holes?
>>
How do I make the "new tab" page of firefox use a local file like you used to be able to do?
>>
Holy fuck, is there ANY fucking way of getting the old spotify web player layout back?

A couple weeks ago when i last tried the user agent fix from reddit was still working but it looks like they plugged all the holes now, they also seem to have completely removed the play.spotify.com/radio functionality along with the URL hosted on the servers
>>
>>62339640
mhmmm. Security isn't a state it a journey, a balance. I am quite happy sacrificing a teensy bit of security peoce of mind for more convinience.
>>
File: 1457117671642.png (10KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1457117671642.png
10KB, 125x125px
I made a clean installation of Windows 7 Embebbed Starter on another 500GB hard disk of mine, but I can't boot on it alone directly. I'm greeted by the "BOOTMGR is missing" message thing instead.

I can boot it only if I first select the main hard disk I use since the beginning, then select the desired new OS I have installed recently.

It may seems obvious on what to do, but still, I'm not sure on what to do. Any suggestions, please?
>>
Can I install a windows vm with pass through on a headless linux server?
>>
New thread:
>>62339756
>>62339756
>>62339756
>>
>>62339679
>reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/5xxf5g/how_to_get_old_spotify_web_player_ui_back_on/dk7jlyl/
>play.spotify.com is still accessible on Safari. For some reason, that's the only browser where you aren't redirected to the open. version. You just need to install Flash though

LMAO and now it says on google's news feed that any and all safari web player support was dropped completely by spotify

Fuck whoever runs this company

Fucking seriously, this is why everything sucks on the internet now, fucking coorporations shitting down their users' throats and forcing them to use this non-customizable gen Z cookie cutter piss-ugly mobile-oriented shit instead of giving them free choice
>>
>>62339767
>>62339767
Bit early there m8
>>
I'm looking for a 2.5in harddrive enclosure to dual USB, so I can use my old laptop drive on my WiiU, which requires a Y splitter of 2 USB's of sorts.

Can anyone recommend a cheap enclosure + y splitter cable thing?
>>
>>62338833
Oh cool, you have it. Yep. Someone crudely blurred out the "fuck"s and I'm pretty sure it's a jpg.
>>
>>62336519
Windows defender has gotten pretty decent over the past couple of years- just be sure to use common sense when downloading stuff
'>>62336550
Not to mention Avast (and most other big name antivirus software) has gotten pretty bloated
>>
>>62338833
>underage
>>
>>62339755
Yeah but getting the graphics drivers installed on the guest would be tricky. Maybe if the player has a vnc option.
>>
>>62339915
I do have a laptop I access the server from, that's the point.
>>
What image viewer should I use on windows? Is irfanview still the best choice? It always felt off to me, but I never found anything better.
>>
video editors that have the following characteristics?
>export at 1080p60fps
>can export in mp4 format
>can do basic editing tasks such as putting music tracks and doing fade-in fade-out
>>62339955
irfranview and XnView are the best as far as im concerned
>>
>>62340542
openshot
cinelerra.
kdenlive
>>
>>62340779
thanks, OpenShot seems pretty decent and looks just like Sony Vegas
>>
>>62338541
>Tfw some people actually used a Zipp to reflow a HP GPU
>>
Is there a cli option for twitter that lets you post AND download media from twitter?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.