[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Founder of Gentoo uses Windows 7 and OSX >Python is his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Gentoo founder.png (42KB, 787x593px) Image search: [Google]
Gentoo founder.png
42KB, 787x593px
>Founder of Gentoo uses Windows 7 and OSX
>Python is his primary language

Where were you when your God died?
>>
Install Windows 7.
>>
>>62326744
Also
>Uses Chrome
>>
isn't portage written in python?
>>
>>62326744
fucking Wincuck 10 user detected. LOL. fucking brainlets, when will they learn??
>>
File: 1482542547719.jpg (12KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482542547719.jpg
12KB, 240x250px
>>62326744
Gentoo shills on suicide watch
>>
>>62326744
I'm a debian contributor, fairly regular one, and I use Windows 10 and vagrant. Just doesn't make sense to punish myself with the linux desktop.
>muh telemetry
I'd be flattered if a spy gave a toot about my kernel development, professional work, or any of my tame browsing habits. Worst they could do is sell me something on Amazon.
>>
>>62326884
wtf seriously?
>>
>>62326744
Kek, I guess that's why they kicked him out of gentoo
>>
>>62326744
>ExtJS

dropped
>>
>>62326744
>Gentoo
That's not source mage
>>
>>62326744

>distracted because of urges to tweak everything.
>>
>>62326884

Long time debian user but I use Win7 and Win10 as well. Aside from window always on top feature, linux is a very unintuitive ecosystem that requires alot of tweaking and ricing to get it right.
>>
People who exclusively stick to Linux are no better than Pajeets who exclusively stick to Windows, using just 1 thing because muh feelings or being unable to learn is the mark of the brainlet

Real people worth their salt use different technologies getting the most out of their different pluses according to the situation at hand
>>
>>62326884
Same, I work with GNOME and a couple other notable FOSS projects but I prefer having all doors open when it comes to the desktop. Windows is not ideal, but it stops me from getting fits of 'tism and spending a whole weekend tweaking and scripting.
>>
>>62327226
>Real people spend money on licensing software that is generally mediocre compared to free software platforms like linux.

Ya ok faggot.
>>
Python is an absolutely fantastic scripting language.
>>
>>62327289
Windows comes with the hardware, unless you're one of those manchildren who builds his "rig," instead of purchasing a computer.
>>
>>62327226
I started with Windows 3.1, and used Windows exclusively until the Windows 10 notification popped up in Windows 7. Gave Linux a crack, and liked it so much that I only use a 10 year old offline Windows XP to back up my iPhone.
>>
>>62327387
I also do super autistic things.
>>
>>62327289
I know reading might be hard for you but try again
>>
founder of gentoo left the project years ago and is now working on funtoo
>>
>>62326884
i'm trying to switch to linux from windows 7, but damn is linux desktop buggy. firefox runs like shit under linux, screen tearing and micro-stutter everywhere. i used windows all my life, and linux desktop (not server) is far from replacing it.
>>
>>62327226
so if an os does what i need i'm a brainlet right
>>
>>62327875
Try changing mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount in your about:config from 5 to 60 and turn off smooth scrolling, fixed my Firefox scroll tearing in i3-gaps, just need to find a fix for YouTube videos.
>>
God dammit is there anything sacred left.
>>
>>62327875
>>62328093
You may also want to try experimenting with turning on/off your proprietary drivers and hardware acceleration in Firefox anon.
>>
>tfw I just got done with my bi-yearly gentoo install into a VM attempt
>tfw when it's all done, i remove the install disk and reboot
>tfw virtual box throws an error saying it won't boot
fuck, maybe next time
>>
>>62326884
>>62327224
>>62327261
>>62327875
Lol nice try shills. These posters are obviously paid by Micro$oft. Everyone knows Linux has far less bugs than Windows. The desktop environments are much better and you'd be hard pressed to find one that isn't far superior than the Windows DE.
>>
>>62326744

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I fucking knew it. Not only are Linux devs & users stupid and incompetent, they are also delusional, childish and just straight up homosexual.
Who the fuck spends all this time on an alternative OS only to make it unusable FOR HIS OWN USE.
HOLY. SHIT.
I knew people were shit but this is some of the most eye opening crap ever.
>>
>>62326744
>founder of shovel making company mostly uses screwdrivers around the house
hmm
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.