[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living in the Matrix

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Matrix in CMD.jpg (43KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Matrix in CMD.jpg
43KB, 1024x768px
Anyone else terrified by the ubiquitous nature of technology these days, particularly the shit like Amazon Echo, or the increased digitization of our lives with controversies about Zuckercuck and Goolag or the Equifax breach and just think the Amish have the right idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OfANX2hEw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5PIAjaQ8QE
>>
Daily reminder that the guys who made the matrix are literally satanists
>>
>>62317818
>guys
>>
>>62316700
T.ed Kaczynski
>>
File: tumblr_mgy30jEZ0O1rvkag4o1_500.jpg (60KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgy30jEZ0O1rvkag4o1_500.jpg
60KB, 500x400px
>>62316700
I used to have this overwhelming nihilistic dread somewhat along those lines with regards to tech.
Now I celebrate it and wholeheartedly enjoy it.

It's become a natural step in our evolution so why not sincerely embrace it.
>>
>>62316700
Absolutely, technology has escaped the boundaries of pragmatism and voluntary use. You have to use a computer, maintain an email address, hold a digitized bank account, be recorded virtually in the social security system, possess a digital fingerprint in every capacity in order to function.

To expound:
Your photo ID is stored
Your SS and credit information is stored (equifax, experian, transunion)
-income information
-bank finances are exchanged with IRS
-employer
-physical address
Vehicle make, model, year, and likewise VIN all registered and licensed to you
-plate number attached
-physical address
-driver's license attached
Insurance also maintains a massive fingerprint between health (mental/physical), asset possession, physical address and their own supermassive fingerprinting system.
Finally there are companies that record in searchable format a record of any deviance beyond even the statute of limitations (lexisnexis)

So just by opting to function to some extent you're branded, labelled, tagged and shared between any number of corporations and the government. The extent of information collected at the individual level is astounding. The necessity of technology, too, is astounding. It's questionable whether you could get away with just having a land line anymore, I know I for one could not. You can't perform numerous functions without a personal email, you can't even apply for most entry level jobs without an internet connection. Any record you have is capable of haunting you beyond the statute of limitations as well.

So yeah, just with that it's become too ubiquitous, and there is no opt-out either.
>>
>>62316700
Yes, we need to protect privacy in the digital age. Libreboot is the way to go.
>>
>>62318564
Libreboot?
>>
>>62318328
Why is it worth celebrating?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>62316700
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CyN8rYdX6g
>>
>>62317818
Uh, no. The machines made it.
>>
>>62317818
They made a movie based on an old idea from plato and other movies like dark city, metropolis, and one other which i cant remember the name

similar shit to matrix, matrix was just done well..

The idea and philosophy for the matrix isnt something new....
>>
>>62319806
Yeah, Gnostic Dualism.

Which explains why those two are "trans."
>>
>>62320513
LOL bigot much?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.