[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 42

File: yawn.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
"Why am I so tired?" edition
Use a search engine before posting.
>>
File: slow.png (24KB, 573x463px) Image search: [Google]
slow.png
24KB, 573x463px
Is everything alright with this? just feels so slow in the past few days
>>
should i build a coin mining rig and charge my mom for home heating?
>>
>>62316527
Oh no...does anyone want to tell him or should I?
>>
>>62316228

Is this the Stupid Questions Thread?
>>
File: ShitpostPi.jpg (82KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
ShitpostPi.jpg
82KB, 1400x788px
Would a Raspberry Pi3 be good as a low power shitposting and video machine?

Since I don't always want to eat away 600 Watts when I'm here on 4chan or watching a video, would something like this be enough?
>>
>>62316550
>stealing money from your own family
lmao why
>>
installing visual studio is a nightmare
>>
new 2 emacs, I want to block all .gif in eww.
Where is shr-blocked-images? How do I set it?
what file do I need to edit?
I can find no examples.
thanks
>>
What are some good email clients which can handle a shitload of emails and accounts without freezing all the time? Outlook sucks at this
>>
>>62316779
Do you use the latest Outlook or some older version?
>>
>>62316609

yes
>>
>>62316836
Its not for me, its for some normies I help. They have 2010, at work we have 2013 and 2016. I didnt notice any difference, they're all slow af.

We're talking about shared mailboxes, 20+ mail accounts and about 10GB or more worth of emails
>>
>>62316848
Have you tried Mozilla Thunderbird? Maybe that can handle it better
>>
>>62316870
sorry, meant >>62316864
>>
>>62316561
delete this
>>
So that "WD Universal Firmware Updater for Windows" in https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?DL

I need to have windows installed on a external HDD and then run it right? I can't just run it within windows to update my HDD right?
>>
>>62316527
looks ok
the ramping you see is normal for hdd's, though the spikes aren't, they aren't too bad there, could just be that the disk is being accessed by other things during your test, causing hiccoughs

first check for logical reasons for slowness, namely;
1. fragmentation
2. low space remaining (while having low space alone doesn't make things slow, this typically means you're both writing to the end of the disk, where it's slowest, and also that you have less contiguous space left, causing increased fragmentation)
>>
When will we get DX:HR tier augmentations IRL?
>>
Can I make money from a Facebook meme page? Like, could I make a living from a Facebook page?
>>
>>62317544
Not directly
Many of those sites make money from occasional sponsored posts, but I don't think they get anywhere near enough to make a living off it

And even if, it's extremely risky since memes are, well, memes, they have no real value, get stolen and then forgotten forever
>>
This is more of a /sci/ stupid question, but they don't have a /sqt/...

If I have a circuit with two elements (let's say bulbs for simplicity) connected in series, how do electrons "know" to share their voltage between them? When they reach the first one, what gives them the foresight to be able to say "there's another bulb coming so I'd better only give this bulb half my voltage"?
>>
should i turn my power supply off after i shut my pc down
>>
>>62317571
Damn. Thanks for explaining that
>>
>>62317685
>>
Currently neet due to an injury and looks like I will be for a while. Would it be worthwhile to study for an A+ cert?
What are some good resources for studying for it?
>>
>>62316527
This HDD looks good, nothing wrong with it.
>>
The FM tuner included with phones will not allow you to receive VHF, in the range of 162.40–162.55, right?

I'm in the hurricane's path and didn't secure a proper weather radio. I was going to see if I could do it on my phone.
>>
Is there any way to stream HDMI to a Android phone? I basically want to play some Windows games (and maybe PS3 if wireless HDMI is possible) on my phone, but currently solutions I've tried either have too much input lag, doesn't work half of the time or it's downright shit.
>>
File: smugdoggor.jpg (42KB, 523x640px) Image search: [Google]
smugdoggor.jpg
42KB, 523x640px
>>62316625

>stealing

You mean replace the heater
>>
Can someone recommend a good soundboard utility to use to play audio over in-game comms/discord.

Something with interchangable hotkeys, and a nice interface to access the storage of my files, and maybe even a 'record' feature for incoming audio if I could get small snippets to edit/replay on demand.
>>
File: c0nlu4ceojkz.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
c0nlu4ceojkz.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Does windows 10 installer come with usb 3.0 support?
>>
>>62317631
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drude_model
>>
I want to use this program which uses CUDA:
https://github.com/pfnet/PaintsChainer/wiki/Installation-Guide

My GPU is compatible but the installer for CUDA says it needs to overwrite the current display driver. If I discontinue using it should I uninstall CUDA, or is it any harm if I don't?
>>
So I just woke up and found my computer super slow to boot, took about 2 minutes (have ssd)

I thought it was my SSD failing or something so I tried to run SSDLife when I got in but it wouldn't load up. I then noticed that one of my 3TB drives activity was at 100% (no read/writing going on at all) and I couldn't access it. I also couldn't access any program that accessed disks at all. Disk management wouldn't come up either, it showed up in device manager but I couldn't disable it, that's all I could see.

It even makes the UEFI super slow to operate so I disconnected the drive and everything is better.

On a scale of 1-10 how fucked am I for recovering anything on the drive?
>>
>>62317895
Fuck off
>>
just bought a ps vita first gen with firmware 3.0 for 100€. how did i do?
>>
i am looking for a book that contains everything about java.

what do you think about this book? Also i am not a beginner i just want to refresh my knowledge.
>>
>>62318245
Get HENkaku Enso and an sd2vita and you're set.
>>
>>62318245
That's about how much I sold mine for.
Seems like a decent deal and I hope you meant 3.60
>>
Not sure where else to ask, so.

My younger brother is heading off to uni soon and my mom asked me to have a look at cheap laptops (upwards of £300 but maybe a little over) for him to do very basic stuff. He doesn't game or anything so it'll be mostly a facebook/word/movie machine.

I was thinking a thinkpad but there's no way she'd go for anything refurbished/second hand and I have no clue how good the new ranges are, plus most of them seem to be way overpriced. I haven't looked into laptops since like 2012 so I have no idea myself.

Any suggestions? UK if you couldn't already tell.
>>
File: combs_2043.jpg (76KB, 260x342px) Image search: [Google]
combs_2043.jpg
76KB, 260x342px
>>62318245
>if you speak/read Japanese
Decent deal
>if you don't speak/read Japanese
JUST
>>
What's the most GPU-intensive graphical effect?
>>
File: IMG_20170908_210223841.jpg (334KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170908_210223841.jpg
334KB, 1280x720px
>>62318296
it's 3.01. someone in the last thread said it's fine as long as it's lower than 3.60.
>>
>>62318387
Yeah you can upgrade it to 3.60 so you should be good to go.

Just requires a few extra steps.
>>
>>62318303
bought a dell with ssd for my cousin recently, £720
>>
>>62318346
Shadows
Reflections
Multi Sampling
>>
>>62317957
Both 8 and 10 have xhci built in. It just wasn't a thing back when 7 came out.
>>
>>62318346
furmark
>>
>>62318245
It's good for PSP and new homebrews, bad for everything else. Price is about right
>>
>>62318065
Stop trying to boot from it. Load another OS to copy shit off.

http://windowsmatters.com/2016/11/10/gandalfs-win10pe-x64-redstone-build-14393-version-10-24-2016/
>>
>>62318452
Refletions are not that intensive
>>
Can you suggest me linux torrent client that can work like this:

-work in background
-add magnets by typing torrent magnet:url in terminal
-starts downloading it
>>
>>62318512
i didn't even know it can play psp games. i just wanted a handheld to pass my time and thought the psp was a little too old. that just made it 1000x more worth it now.
>>
>>62318519
im not trying to boot off it, my ssd is fine it's one of my secondary data drives that seems to be fucked
>>
>>62318553
See >>>/vg/hbg/ it's basically a general to discuss 3DS and Vita homebrews
>>
>>62318550
rotrrent works from the terminal and can be remote
>>
>>62318550
google it
torrent+command+line
>>
>>62318553
Adrenaline is (almost) a fully featured PSP CFW. Plays all your PS1 games just like your PSP can. Except now you have a lovely dpad and twin sticks.
>>
My crank radio can't handle the mountains, what can i do to improve its signal reliably?

Or can you recommend a radio that gets am/fm/weather that has exceptional reception? With a crank :]
>>
>>62318569
Try loading crystaldiskinfo.
>>
File: Mercury Sees All.jpg (109KB, 711x533px) Image search: [Google]
Mercury Sees All.jpg
109KB, 711x533px
>>62316228
Any recommendations for PC speakers?
Mu budget is 100 bucks or less because i'm a poorfag.
And I already have good headphones but I still want speakers.
>>
>>62317823
Help?
>>
What are some lightweight browsers for Linux?

The one I was using doesn't open with my integrated graphics and it crashes with bumblebee.
>>
>>62318879
I have the amazon basic ones, and have no complaints.
>>62318916
VNC
>>
>>62318916
If you have an Nvidia card moonlight is your best bet.
Streaming like that typically requires a decent router and internet connection though.
>>
Say i wanted to keep a redunant backup of a cloned hdd on hand (non-bootable/external enclosure basically), how would i go about encrypting it so that i can keep it around without having to worry about the nsa niggers stealing my data? Just turn the entire thing into a truecrypt volume?
>>
how to make solus not have such a tiny resolution in virtual box, other distros you can just resize the screen but not with this.
>>
so for some reason the search results in Windows 10 on one specific account are several months out of date, and won't update to new shortcuts
It's definitely not the index, because when I made a test account and used the search bar there everything came up just fine, I was able to see applications that I'd installed recently
what the fuck could be wrong
this is driving me insane
>>
this may be a dumb question but what typically causes a server to "go down"?

i work at a small Steel manufacturing plant doing payroll/accounting/etc. we have 3 IT guys (one being a "network admin") and every few weeks our server will just "go down" and we'll have to call one of them to come in and then it works again

im just looking for an understanding in why that happens, and what they're doing to fix it.
>>
I'm under the impression that fps in games is tied to a screens hz.

So like, even if my computer could run a game at like 240fps, if I have a 60hz monitor I'm only going to actually be getting/experiencing 60fps because that's what my display is capable of. Is this correct?

With that in mind, are there currently any good 4k displays capable of 120fps/hz action? I'm currently in the process of building a retarded monster of a PC (basically just grabbing the best/most expensive component for every category and ramming it into one system), and I want to make sure I'm going to be getting out of it what I'm putting in.

The thing is, using a combination of the Logical increments guide and 'lodes o mony' it's not hard to build a decent computer. But I'm looking to get something like a 40-70 inch TV to run games at 4k at speeds greatly exceeding the 60fps my current screen is capable of, and I don't know how possible that even is.
>>
>>62319009
also applications show up in the alphabetical list and everything, but don't come up when searched for
>>
>>62319010
Does it make a clanking sound? I have no idea Anon there is no where near enough information here.
>>
>>62318819
just tried to do that, was stuck at windows loading screen for 10 minutes with the drive connected so i gave up
>>
>>62319043
and shortcuts won't go away when removed
it's like it's searching a completely different index
>>
I want to play the sims 3 on me laptop but the specs say I need "2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent."

but my laptop has "1.60GHz(2 CPUS)"

Does that mean my laptop has 3.2GHz processing power and can I play the ims 3 on it?
>>
>>62319098
no, sims 3 is an old game and is horribly optimized. 2 1.60ghz cores does not make a single 3.2ghz core, performance wise it would be horrible.

but jesus christ dude what the fuck kind of laptop do you have? how old is that shit?
>>
File: 1504744440866.png (426KB, 473x767px) Image search: [Google]
1504744440866.png
426KB, 473x767px
>>62316228
Are any of you guys doing work without a University education?
>For Senior Year get assigned to improve museum tech.
>Not getting paid for it.
>Having to pay to for a class to do free labor.
I know that I asked for this because i'm in Uni but how far can you expect to go/earn when you don't have a degree?
>>
I've been installing different distros over a couple days and they are all still listed in the boot options. Is it just a listing, or does it actually still exist on the drive?
>>
>>62319010
so the IT guy can keep their job XD
>>
Are threads and images taking forever to load for anyone else or is it just me?
>>
>>62319222
being actually skilled is way more valuable than a degree, in the software development world.

look at how many famous people dropped out of college to pursue their dreams (facebook guy, apple guy, woz, etc)

the issue is that degrees improve your chances of getting interviews, so if youre not good at showing your skills (by listing open source work, great personal projects, self employment, etc) then youll never get to the interviews in which you show off your comepetency

software development is currently flooded with idiot "self taught" morons who watched a few youtube videos and decided that they're devs now. if you dont have a degree youre basically going to be grouped in with these people until you find someone that gives you a chance so you can start listing experience on your resume
>>
I accidentally deleted a folder from my external usb hdd, how do i get it back?
>>
File: fd.png (8KB, 474x203px) Image search: [Google]
fd.png
8KB, 474x203px
the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>62319271
werk on my machine™
>>
>>62319271
Change DNS
>>
There is a chat service called Chatango.
In the "help" section, it reads
>Your private chat history is stored locally on the device on which the messages were sent and received.
>Currently your chat history is not saved on Chatango's servers.

How would that be done technically? I don't save cookies, and my chat history gets erased when i close my web browser.
So that suggests the chat history gets saved as cookies, right?
But i just realized something strange about that. How can cookies be used to save a chat history, which can contain potentially several months worth of conversations?
Wouldn't that require the chat history to be saved server-side?
>>
>>62319222

Basically what >>62319297 said.

The important thing in Tech is to prove you know what you're doing. A degree can 'prove' that. Compare it to art jobs: an artist doesn't walk into an interview with a resume, they walk in with a portfolio. A giant sampler of work they've done previously.

As long as you have a solid portfolio, so to speak, you don't NEED a degree to get tech jobs.
>>
File: 1443337530424.png (8KB, 374x264px) Image search: [Google]
1443337530424.png
8KB, 374x264px
>>62319340
>error no child
fucking pedos
>>
>>62318480
Thanks
>>
File: auxpyAVjfEqXvNgVBD368U-650-80.jpg (20KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
auxpyAVjfEqXvNgVBD368U-650-80.jpg
20KB, 650x365px
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but I'm looking for a new mouse for gaming/general use. I don't have very particular requirements except that I do want it to have a sixth or seventh button that's fully customizable so I can use it as a push-to-talk. Most mice with just 6 buttons seem to have the 6th as a dedicated DPI-switch as far as I can tell, and I'm not sure how to know which have buttons that are actually customizable. Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
What is the difference between returning x and &x here?
int main(){
int *x = new int(10);
std::cout << x << std::endl;
std::cout << &x << std::endl;

return 0;
}

Output doesn't really matter since it changes every time but here it is:

0x5623eb891030
0x7ffc0bb2d4f0
>>
>>62319484
I'm using Steelseries rival 700. Kind of expensive though, but it has three buttons on the left side. I don't really play games, but I like the fact that it has a menu built into the mouse where you can change profiles since I use Linux and can't run their drivers. Mouse is pretty heavy though since they added shit like vibration to it, but the OLED screen is nice for the menu feature.
>>
>>62319502
x is an int*.
&x is an int**. It points to a pointer to an int.
>>
>>62319587
A pointer to a pointer? When was that created? Whenever I assigned x the pointer to the new int or whenever I called &x?
>>
>>62318929
Trying in a minute

>>62318954
How decent we are talking about? About the GPU, I think I need a upgrade anyway
>>
>>62319637
Whenever you call &x. That creates an unnamed temporary variable, which is a pointer to wherever x is.
int x;
int *ptr_to_x;
int **ptr_to_ptr_to_x;
ptr_to_x = &x;
ptr_to_ptr_to_x = &ptr_to_x;
>>
>>62319657
Ahh I see thank you. I assume everything is allocated on stack as well unless I use "new" right?
>>
>>62319751
That's correct.
That's why it's invalid to do something like this.
int *foo()
{
int x;
return &x;
}
void bar()
{
int *ptr = foo();
*ptr // Invalid dereference!
}

x is allocated in the stack frame of foo. That stack frame disappears after foo returns, so you've got a pointer into invalid memory.
Stack allocation is very fast. It might be less flexible than heap allocation with new, but it's useful for making sure you don't leak memory since it ensures the variable will be destructed.
>>
Since Mega has these absurd data limits, what's a good and easy site where I can share a few gigs worth of files?
>>
>>62319396
> how could be store in cookie
The normal way, dunno if there is a size limit for cookie.
Probably using local storage though, not cookies.
>>
Can I watch periscope streams in mpv using outube-dl?
>>
>>62319010
Buggy programs that crash and can't autorestart safely. Your IT people are probably lazy shits
>>
>>62318550
Deluge has a console client that can be used like that.
>>
>>62318929
>>62319654
Well, it has the latest input lag of all solutions I tried, and it seems it doesn't like programs that go full screen
>>
>>62319927
>latest
biggest, I'm phoneposting
>>
>>62319017
>if I have a 60hz monitor I'm only going to actually be getting/experiencing 60fps because that's what my display is capable of. Is this correct?
Correct.

I don't know anything about what hardware's currently good though. I just know that you can't use 120hz TVs for this because don't actually handle 120hz input.
>>
>>62317429
20+ years from now.
>>
>>62319010
Put your IT guys on retainer and you'll see your problems vanish. Basically, contracted IT professionals have no incentive to permanently fix things because then they'd be out of a job. They probably just reboot the server and wait until it dies again.
>>
File: askggsdfgf.png (24KB, 993x1216px) Image search: [Google]
askggsdfgf.png
24KB, 993x1216px
Standing infront of your battlestation is apparently better for your health, but what about kneeling infront of it?

>pic related
>>
File: update.png (304KB, 615x851px) Image search: [Google]
update.png
304KB, 615x851px
40 mile margin of error decides whether Miami or Aligators get deleted.
>>
>>62320418
Bad for your knees.
>>
>>62319821
pls respond
it's 5.1 gigs and Google Drive's upload is fucking abysmal
>>
>>62320472
Miami could use a reset
>>
>>62320418
I believe standing is better because it allows you to move more easily, both during at desk work by shifting slightly and to walk over to shit. Those benefits aren't there for kneeling. Also, you're compressing your front lower leg now instead of you back upper leg.
>>
>>62320505
ftp server on local machine
>>
Asking here too, since no answer yet in phone thread.
Just got a Honor 7 lite. I've been charging it for a couple of hours now, but it shows no light and doesn't react to power button. Is it a dud or just needs more charging, something else?
>>
File: 1485855131387.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
1485855131387.png
183KB, 386x406px
Music player alternative to iTunes? I want to catalogue my music and easily access it/export to my phone but I really don't want to have to use iTunes again.
>>
if a gpu has a hdmi output does that mean it will send the audio to the monitor?
can i just plug my speakers to the monitor?
>>
File: Lenvo-ThinkPad-Yoga-14.jpg (398KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lenvo-ThinkPad-Yoga-14.jpg
398KB, 1920x1080px
>>62316228
Are there any good alternatives for under $400 to the Thinkpad Yoga 12/14?
I'm looking into getting something like them and all I can find with a pen and 8gb of ram within that same price range are surface devices, and those things are impossible to fix, so I'd rather not. And a keyboard is important to me as a student and the surface, even with type cover, really misses the mark for me in that department.
>>
Is there any way to crash a computer with PS2 input only?
>>
nightly or waterfox for privacy?
>>
>>62321046
It most likely can yes. Mine does.
>>
>>62321176
does the monitor parameters affect the audio quality in some way?
i'm reading some bad opinions about a certain monitor's audio quality but i'm sure that they are talking about the speakers
>>
>>62321003
Bump.

I think I remember what I used to use, foobar2000. Is it still good to use?
>>
>>62321215
Yes it does, the digital to analog conversion takes place in the monitor. My monitor for example has pretty nasty static through all of it. It just depends on how good the DAC is in your monitor.
>>
>>62321238

>foobar2000

yes is very good
>>
how do banking websites display "your session has timed out" without javascript enabled?
>>
>>62321238
its not even been 30 minutes since you posted
You arent entitled to a fucking post and dont fucking bump asshole.
>>
>>62321346
ok i will keep that in mind
can you alter the gpu audio stream with realtek audio hd or is it a different driver?
i use its options pretty often
>>
alright /g/, I need some communicator.

What I need:
- It have to work on Linux, windows and mobile android
- Ability to upload images via drag and drop
- Support for making my own emotes

- It would be really great if I could make my own server on my own machine
- It would be nice if it would be open-source
>>
>>62321422
discord
>inb4 botnet
use browser version

alternatively rp on kikebook
>>
Two completely unrelated questions.
I need to have a working knowledge of Python, C++, and R in about 5 months. I can currently write a Hello world and basic calculation and logic gates in Python. Which should I start with?
Approximately how long until virgin manchild games will run well on a laptop that doesn't need to be plugged in 24/7 while it blows out enough hot air to be a politician? Is it more likely to be remote graphics computing or just Moore's Law? I know nobody here can see the future or whatever, but any educated guess would be appreciated.
>>
What resolution is an ASCII character? Do they just scale infinitely?
>>
>>62321440
>I need to have a working knowledge of Python, C++, and R in about 5 months.
You're fucked.
>Approximately how long until virgin manchild games will run well on a laptop
Literally never. They will continually become more demanding as hardware potential continually increases.
>>
>>62321437

We are using discord already (dropped Slack for that - had few issues with performance and it is nice to have chat history without paying money) but it is laggy too often and I just don't like their private policy.

I'm at the point where I seriously think about making my own shoutbox-like (you know, like on old forums) chat client in python/Django and vue.js.
>>
Can you use an SD card as internal storage on Linux? is there any kind of tutorial? I only know a little command line, and I can't find anything on google, it's all about android phones.
>>
>>62321480
Do you mean the letters in a font? Depends, most are vectors in which case they don't have a resolution really so they scale infinitely. Some are bitmap (generally those that l33t hackers use), those do have a resolution, but you can still scale those effectively by just doubling the pixels and shit.
>>
I've got a png here that seems to have somehow gotten corrupted, i can neither open it in mspaint nor gimp (the latter also claims the file is corrupted)

How do i fix/recover the data contained within this png image file?
>>
File: 1437412092029.jpg (55KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
1437412092029.jpg
55KB, 301x267px
>>62321347
Thanks, i'll go grab it then.

>>62321354
Desperate times, my friend. I leave for work in about 15 mins so I had to get something to organize my music before I left.
>>
Is there a computer chair that's
>Cheap (in the UK)
>Comfortable
>Doesn't break or deflate after a week

I've never owned a chair that's more than two of these things. Normally the cushion goes flat and I'm basically sitting on a metal plate.
>>
If cryptocurrency has become so bloated that it requires purpose-built ASIC's to mine, then why does /g/ still complain about "miners" buying up G4560's and 1080's en masse?
>>
>>62321741
Restore it from your backup of course. You do have backups, right?
Identifying and repairing damaged chunks is the only other option. I don't believe there is even a program that attempts to automate that task for obvious syntax errors, much less fine details being off, so good luck with that.
>>
File: 1501772222699.png (186KB, 1255x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1501772222699.png
186KB, 1255x1403px
>>62316609
Does anyone here have experience with browsing the web on this?
>>
>>62321927
There are many different cryptocurrencies all at different stages in their life cycle.
>>
>>62316228
I need a cheap headset with a microphone (preferably like 30-50 dollars) that has good sound quality. The ones I use are 3 years old and are falling apart.

I know headsets without mics sound better, but I travel too much to want to get a mic stand etc.

I tried asking in Headphones general but I didn't get an answer.
>>
>>62322113
Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>62322125
I gave a response, no one responded back.
>>
File: asdsad.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asdsad.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
just put together a new shitposting machine

which CPU temp readout should I trust?
>>
What application can I use to load two different wallpaper cycles for each monitor? DisplayFusion seems to work, but it's not really worth $25. Anything else that's free?
>>
>>62316228
If you always feel tired check your calcium level. Won't hurt to try to some vitamin b12 to pump your mood either.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (247KB, 1080x1289px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
247KB, 1080x1289px
Is there an easy way to randomly rename all files in a folder on android?

Have a kolossy for your trouble.
>>
>>62321937
That png *was* from the backup anon, lel

Well i guess i'll have to redo that one from scratch then, it's basically just a couple notes though and there should be another template for this particular file flying around somewhere

The more pressing concern for me is to un-tangle this unholy mess that is the file structure of my previous build, seriously the index has to be rebuilt aswell because it didn't even find any files yet (the size is correct/consistent with the one of the old hdd though so i know everything is pretty much there)
>>
Is it true that daz loader isn't ""compatible"" with UEFI? I could install it without any problems (been using this one for years with no problems), windows 7 is booting completely fine aswell so based on that i'm going to assume it's mostly bullshit
>>
If I looked at the sun a lot as a kid but my eyes are fine now, does that mean I'll be blind when I'm old?
>>
>>62322699
Well, I'm using a W7 Ultimate activated with it, on a H81M Asus mobo if it helps.
>>
I want to save the comments of a wiki page, but the page is broken on desktop, only saying "Invalid tag extension name: comments" instead of displaying the comments. On chrome mobile it displays, and even after enabling "Request desktop site" the comments display in the desktop format. But literal desktop browsers don't display it.

Is there any way for me to save the desktop version of the comments of this wiki page? If there was a ctrl + s function on Chrome mobile that would do it, but if I could emulate Chrome mobile behavior on desktop I could enable request desktop site there and save it that way, provided the emulator allows saving webpages. I've already installed a Firefox addon to request and save a mobile version of the page, but it is a compromise, since the comments don't visually have chains, everything is one big vertical block.
>>
>>62322924
Well responding to myself, but I thought I was being sly but only pasting the error message, but googling it shows the wiki page I was talking about. If you'd believe me, I'm not trying to shill...
>>
IS there a lightweight alternative to openwiki?
>>
Since Casper got dead I have some questions about the only alternative left: Snapprefs
1. How do you install it?
2. Does it work on Nougat?
3. Does it require GApps?
4. Can you save snaps anonymously like Casper?
>>
>>62323409
you install xposed and choose it from the menu
no
no
yes
>>
File: 1501874342695.jpg (300KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501874342695.jpg
300KB, 1280x1024px
Whats the best way to convert a video from color to black & white permanently (as in not just playing it back in B&W)

Using Windows 7 not Mac or GNU/Linux.
>>
>>62323580
Alternatively if there is something that I can input in the arguments line for 'Webm for Retards' to produce a greyscaled result I'd accept that as well.
>>
File: Event Viewer.png (4KB, 279x97px) Image search: [Google]
Event Viewer.png
4KB, 279x97px
I'm a bit confounded by this.
I was sleeping and the power button was somehow pressed and woke my PC so I woke up.

Doesn't seem accurate. powercfg -lastwake says the same thing.
Anyone have any ideas? This is a one-off incident.
>>
>>62321957
it will work, it won't be fantastic, but it will work.
>>
>>62323648
>power button was somehow pressed
What I really mean is it wasn't. Nothing could have pressed it.
Sorry I'm a bit tired.
>>
>>62322417
not afaik. Best idea I have is hooking it up to a your computer and using adb in a script to rename files. I don't think that really counts as doing it on your phone though.
>>
>>62322417
I had some regex renamer once a few years ago.
I think it had a random digit feature?
Could try that. I don't know its name though but it's a place to start.
>>
>>62323659
Probably a power fluctuation or something.
>>
>>62323659
it was the FBI. That or the illuminati
>>
>>62321663
internal storage? You mean the same as a HDD? Yeah, try plugging it in >.<
>>
Are there specific models of Chromebooks I should look for it I want to throw a Linux distro on it? Or is it more often the case than not that a Linux distro will work on whatever model I get?
>>
File: 1371522365895.gif (64KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
1371522365895.gif
64KB, 500x446px
Why am I able to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 or any older version than that, but not the newest 4.7 one on my Windows 7?

The direct installation just says there was a fatal error during the process, and Windows Update refuses to install it, giving me an error code of 643. Any suggestions?
>>
>>62321957
>Does anyone here have experience with browsing the web on this?
I have. It's okay if you key only a few tabs open and buying a real pc online.
>>
File: wew.png (11KB, 574x384px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
11KB, 574x384px
I can't seem to use any "bcdedit" command on Windows 10, I'm trying to re-enable HPET. I had my Windows 10 installation (Legacy) then I installed Arch and grub and added an entry for Windows 10, this is how msconfig looks in W10. How do I fix this clusterfuck
>>
Should I install "destroy windows spying" on my new laptop?
>>
File: 20170908_203841.jpg (765KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_203841.jpg
765KB, 2048x1152px
How should I set this up so that it doesn't fuck up? What I can think of is doing this and then using extra tape to prepare for when the fan starts spinning.
>>
My hd7850 is bottlenecking my new ryzen build hard, i get a lot of micro stuttering and fps drops on mid settings playing current gen gayms/mmo's and such

What's a good replacement gpu unattractive to chink miners and with a reasonable price tag?
>>
>>62319269
>>62319878
>>62320300
Are net administrators the most well paid, and most lazy niggers of all technology related careers?
>>
>>62324467
Don't
>>
sometimes my computer makes a sound that kind of sounds like a guitar string squeak. is this normal?
>>
>>62324467
Buy a new 120-140mm fan.
>>
>>62324467
Wtf. Are you trying to pull hot air onto your board
>>
>>62324540
It is becoming self aware from too many saved memes and starting to get artistic tendancies. Beter re-format before it tries to go to college for sculpting.
>>
>>62324563
kek
seriously tho senpai is it going to explode or some shit
>>
File: IMG_0577.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0577.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>62316228
Besides dns security (as in dnscrypt and dnssec throug unbound) and stealth ports, what else should I touch (on my router) to achieve maximum security?
>>
>>62324555
Cooling the VRM heatsink

When I have the fan set up like this my computer ceases to crash during very intensive CPU tasks like rendering
>>
>>62324606
Setup a statefull firewall

Use this snippet to ban china from connecting to your servers
#!/bin/bash

#get latest chinese ip addresses
echo "Fetching chinese ip address ranges..."
curl -o /tmp/cn.zone -L http://www.ipdeny.com/ipblocks/data/countries/cn.zone

#create the set
echo "Generating the blocking set..."
ipset create china hash:net

for i in $(cat /tmp/cn.zone); do
ipset add china $i
done

iptables -I INPUT -m set --match-set china src -j DROP

echo "China is blocked!"
rm /tmp/cn.zone
>>
>>62324470
Pleasu respondu
>>
>>62321124
Waterfox
>>62324470
You could try to pick up a used GTX 960. They don't go for a huge amount on eBay.
>>
I have this one site which firefox refuses to load properly, it just gets displayed as plain text no matter how often i clean the cache and so on

How to fix without uninstalling/refreshing the browser?
>>
>>62324767
>>62324767
Would switching to waterfox help? Also does it support java
>>
>>62321124
Waterfox out of those two but Icecat is better for privacy than those
>>
>>62324767
Change your useagent for that site. They are loading a text only site because they hate Firefox.
>>
>>62324767
what addons do you have enabled?
>>
File: 5NA.jpg (9KB, 368x198px) Image search: [Google]
5NA.jpg
9KB, 368x198px
>>62316228
I have a profile.d script that I want to log any sort of login, it works but if I login with sftp it doesn't as far as googling goes I found that apparently I would have to put it into /etc/profile, because sftp is non interactive? but /etc/profile doesn't exist on my system, should I just create it and put my script there or will that fuck shit up?
>>
>Be me assessing the damage done by google's newest shitty yt overhaul across my browsers
>ALL the userscrips fixing the layout and for downloading mp4's aren't working anymore

Gee thanks a lot ((google))

What are some good fixes for the great 2017 yt fuckup? God i hope the right side description script dev still develops it
>>
How the fucj do i fix a BSOD Ftlmgr.sys error in windows 10??
>>
>/apple.slashdot.org/story/17/02/04/059204/microsoft-is-disabling-older-versions-of-skype-for-mac-and-windows-on-march-1
>"we've signed you out because you're using an outdated (SIC!) version of skype"
>Microshit now literally forcing me to update my version of skype which isn't even a fucking year old

What the actual FUCK?? Is there a workaround for this bullshit yet? Reddit doesn't have anything
>>
Is there a tool (or a method) that let me fill a matrix and it gives a formula that returns any element of the matrix given x and y? Is that possible.
>>
>>62316609
Sure it's fine, but you could buy an old Kindle Fire (not HD) for probably the same price and do the same shit with less work.

>>62316626
not a question

>>62317713
No. 14 is larger than 18, so that's generally better. That said, cable size is only one aspect of quality. If your plugs suck or your insulation is sub-par, then the cable is shit regardless of wire size.
>>62318879
Klipsch Promedia Ultra 2.0 on eBay.
>>
>>62325381
Hmmm, don't use skype?
>>
>>62321003
Quod Libet
>>
>>62325381
stop using skype

throw it in the trash, microsoft is intentionally killing it
>>
>>62322264
>bought AMD
>expects an accurate, or even a consistent CPU temperature reading
lol.

>>62323580
Video editing software? premiere pro has a 30 day trial, I believe. Otherwise there's Kdenlive and Blender for free.

>>62324064
Because Microsoft is 100% shit. Try a reformat and then OS reinstall.

>>62324467
Use wire ties or something better than tape at least.

>>62324625
Whoa that's a lot of iptables rules. Personally, I'd only do that on a dedicated firewall machine.

>>62325381
>workaround
stop using Microsoft
>>
File: 2017-09-09-002244_1360x768_scrot.png (969KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-09-002244_1360x768_scrot.png
969KB, 1360x768px
>>62324308
Here's how it looks on linux, grub is installed on
/dev/sda
>>
Should my mobo have a light showing it has power before I tap the front i/o connector?

I have a MSI B350 gaming pro carbon
>>
>>62320527
Shame. It's the midwest that really needs a clean install.
>>
>>62325381
Hahaha. That's literally what microsoft is going to do with every program in their store eventually. Which will be every program you can even run once people start buying windows 10s. Imagine mandatory steam style updates for everything. They just got their grubby little fingers on skype first.
>>
>>62325689
>tap the front i/o connector
Sure this is a stupid questions thread, but what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>62325845
im talking about powering up my motherboard when first installing it
that is just what another anon said
>>
>gpu at 50%
>cpu at 60%
>game only running at 40 frames
explain this?
>>
I want a laptop that's
>13 inches
>1080p or higher res
>non-chiclet keyboard
>relatively thin
>is a thinkpad (optional but I think other laptops look like literal ass)

why is this so hard to find? seriously what the fuck.
>>
>>62325878
Most modern motherboards have a light that should come on when your power supply is connected properly, plugged in, and turned on.
>>
>>62325689
yes, as long as your PSU is plugged into the mobo and turned on the light should be on.
>>
>>62325922
>>62325923
ok looks like my motherboard was doa then
fun times
>>
>>62316228
When i load into my main drive with windows 7 on it my ports stop working and i literally can't use any of them to even try and find out why how the fuck do i fix this shit
I've got a year worth of the highest quality lewds saved on this thing and my dick wants it bad
>>
>>62325931
my linux works and i chucked in another hdd with windows on it and that worked as well how the fuck do i reinstall drives if i can't even use my mouse
>>
>>62325898
Unoptimized game.
>>
File: 20170908_235600.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_235600.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
What the fuck windows apologists? Been 12 hours now. I just want to play d2 with my bud, but windows has to update. Could have compiled a full gentoo system by now. Christ.
>>
>>62326047
Kek. You haven't actually been letting it sit there for 12 hours?
>>
>>62326047
Probably cause you're a poor fag using a mechanical drive in 2017.
>>
File: my_life_now.jpg (69KB, 900x607px) Image search: [Google]
my_life_now.jpg
69KB, 900x607px
>>62316228
I fucked up pretty badly about 3 days ago /g/. I spilt half a cup of coffee on my laptop, straight in the middle.

I've taken it apart all the way and dried it off and gotten it to boot and pass the memory diagnostic built in to the UEFI bios.

Only thing obviously fucked on it is the touchpad, which if I reconnect will stop me from even reaching bios.

On linux what's the most comprehensive way to test fro system stability?
>>
>>62326047
>Gets mad that 8 year old OS doesn't update smoothly
Try downloading a distro from 2009 and see how well that goes for ya.
>>
>>62326091
Just got back from work, and wanted to grind out some gear. I havnt used windows in about a decade, but cant imagine itd recover from pulling the power mid update.
>>62326095
I found this laptop in the trash. Get on my level, richboi.
>>
>>62326110
>pulling the power mid update
It happens. They can't afford to just let your whole system die every time the power flicks off at a slightly inconvenient moment. Usually it will just roll back uncompleted updates. If you need to you can throw down with the last system restore point. Also did you bother with any of the rollups?
>>
>>62326151
Just pulled it and restarted. A little more graceful than expected: configuring the 117 updates it did install I guess.
Rolllups? Nah this win install is strictly for d2 so i didnt do anything special with it.
>>
I was working on my pc case and dropped a screw inside. Decided it was a good idea to slap the pc while Turning it every which way to get the screw.
>Turn on pc
>realise I probably destroyed my hard drive
how fucked am I?
>>
>>62326184
Jesus. No wonder it's taking forever.

http://pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>>
is the 1700 with the wraith cooler and the gigabyte motherboard the best bang for buck? My shit is dying and I need to upgrade.
>>
File: 20170909_002051.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170909_002051.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>62326203
thanks was looking for this update guide.
>>
File: 20170908_211946.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170908_211946.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>62326194
Update:
I'm fucked
It's been grey screened for 20 minutes on boot
>>
>>62326271
Looks like some hdd fuckery is going on in there.
Try plugging the hdd in another sata port or something.
Also consider getting an ssd if you are going to keep doing dumb things like these.
>>
>>62326184
>installing windows 7 and 117 updates just to play a game that runs perfectly fine in wine
just install xubuntu or something
>>
I got an old console and I need to replace all the thermal pads with new ones that aren't all dried out while I'm replacing the shitty old thermal paste. 2 problems
1. I dont know how conductive they need to be (should I use 14 w/mk or just cheap 4 w/mk pads)
2. where would I find thick thermal pads to fill the larger gaps (up to 2mm gap)
>>
Hey /g/
I have a dell t310 2008 Xeon 32gb of ram 8 core server with 3 hard drives that are 146 a piece.

At the time it was built, it was around I think a 1500 buck computer. from what I found out, it was headless. It has JUST enough onboard graphics that it can basically show all basic web shit and a desktop. I don't think it could pull off games. BUT it can hold shit and server shit. It originally had medical data and I wiped it all. Same with another server. They are meant to be together.

I posted them to some facebook groups, to craigslist and even let go. Anyone know how I can sell these shitters fast but making a good profit on them? I'm hoping if I sell the pair I can build a nice PC for gayming
>>
>>62325922
>>62325923
looks like there isn't a power light on the b350
I plugged in the power switch and pushed the button to light it up
>>
File: 2qbqpxkk0s5z.jpg (68KB, 700x522px) Image search: [Google]
2qbqpxkk0s5z.jpg
68KB, 700x522px
How do I run a node.js script from my HTML/PHP code?
If I use the php exec function to run it using a shell command, how do I pass an arg to the js?
>>
>>62320125
>20+ years from now.

I'll be middle-aged by then. Just in time to get a dick Aug.
>>
why can't I post images sometimes? I get waiting for and looking up sys.4chan.org until I get secure connection failed message. It appears to be random as sometimes I can post images just fine.
>>
Can websites/CDNs track if their files have been downloaded easily? I'm still learning how to not be totally inept with computers, but I'm trying to download graphic design videos from Skillshare.com, and I can just access the direct video through dev tools. I doubt the website's security is that great, but they're using AmakaiHD.net to host the video, and I don't know if that site has tools for tracking the videos.

Just as an example, the video link is just a standard direct link to an .mp4, with ?pubId=3695997568001&videoId=3873474225001 appended to the end of it. Removing the extra parts still lets me get to the video directly, but I don't know what would happen if I were to download it.

Normally, I wouldn't care about losing my account, but they have my card information for the free trial, and their terms of service explicitly prohibit downloading files. Worst case scenario, I'll just record through OBS as I watch, but downloading is obviously more convenient.
>>
What's the bottleneck when I drag a folder of 10,000 videos into a playlist in a video player.
>>
>>62326795
Yes amakai can see when you dl a file. Dunno if they provide that info to the website but if you can get the url without any query params and download it with curl/a different browser how will they link it to your account?
Also if you know that you can get the file after stripping off the params then you have already accesesed and I really doubt they would log enough info to differentiate between a partial and full dl.
>>
>>62326795
keep in mind that streaming is just a contrained form of downloading
that is, it's still downloading
you can only really guess is someone is 'downloading' vs. streaming something
for example, lets say the server operator sees one user who;
- downloads a 20 minute video over 18 minutes, then 2 minutes after that, starts another download
and another user who;
- downloads a 20 minute video in 4 minutes, and 1 second later starts another download
it can be inferred that the first user is streaming, while the second is downloading

so if you want to be especially careful, don't download the videos faster than real time (that is, slow it down so it takes about 20 minutes to download a 20 minute video)
>>
>>62326880
>>62326795
ps. if the service allows for buffering the entire video without playing them, then don't even bother, since buffering the whole thing and downloading the whole thing looks identical on the server side
in that case, download full speed, but still consider waiting between downloads
>>
>>62326795
>>62326880
ps. ps.
be careful if you plan on sharing the video, they might contain user-identifying information in their metadata
what this means is that if they get ahold of your shared copy, they will know who leaked them
>>
File: 02017-09-08 22-15-17.webm (948KB, 300x850px) Image search: [Google]
02017-09-08 22-15-17.webm
948KB, 300x850px
WHY THE FUCK does this always fucking happen. What the fuck is going on. I can't use the first column on my desktop because the icons just keep fucking up.
>>
>>62326845
if you use cURL or other non-browser tool, be sure to set the useragent to a common browser, it will be suspicious if they see "curl/version" as the thing which downloaded the file, as opposed to something like "firefox/version ..."
>>
>>62326978
>using desktop at all
Nasty clutter. God is telling you to fix your shit.
>>
>>62326978
>laughing_steves.jpg
>>
>>62326880
>>62326905
>>62326937
Thanks, anons. I figured that there wasn't much they could do, but given my lack of understanding on this stuff, I just wanted to double check. Skillshare isn't even that great of a site, and I'm sure it's on its way out with how often it holds sales/promos, but I wanted to get a few videos they have, since they somehow talked some of my favorite designers into doing a few series for them.

But even though each series is made of 2–3 minute chunks, it doesn't seem like they buffer all the way if you're not actively watching. And all this was also always going to be for personal use, just so that I have references to go back to without needing to pay for stuff I've already seen.

>>62326845
Curl?
>>
Is it safe to shrink a partition that's already in use to install another partition into that shrunk space? Wanting to dualboot a Linux distro but already have a Windows installation, but I don't want to have to reinstall Windows.
>>
>>62327006

I usually just throw things into a "new folder" and forget about it, but the items on my desktop I'll be needed for the next few weeks.
>>
>>62327047
>>62326979
Okay, never mind. I didn't realize it was "cURL" and not just "curl".
>>
>>62327047
>Curl?
it's a cli tool for http/ftp (and a few others) download/upload

like an advanced version of wget
>>
>Load up video in MPC-HC
>Video freezes but audio keeps playing
>Try to skip ahead
>Still happens

What the fuck is thit shit
>>
oandbackup does not work on my G5 plus. rooted with magisk 14
>>
>>62326339
Can i bot in wine? Dont think so. n sweetie, im a gentoo girl ;^)
>>
>>62327198
Probably a fucked up video. Try it in MPV
>>
File: DeDRM Failure.png (7KB, 678x175px) Image search: [Google]
DeDRM Failure.png
7KB, 678x175px
I got an eBook in .epub format that I need to convert to PDF.
I tried using DeDRM (with a fresh install of Python 2.7 and PyCrypto) with and without Calibre, but it doesn't seem to work.

Now my questions are:
>are there any logs I could possibly check on why it fails?
>are there any other options to remove DRM from an epub file that I could try?
>>
>>62327055
That's how most people do it. If windows won't let you take enough space, use easeus partition to do it.
>>
>>62327428

What's fucked about it? Can I "repair" it?
>>
If telegram keeps the media on the cloud, does it mean I can use the chat with myself as "Google photo"? Or has it a limit?
>>
>>62327453
>What's fucked about it?
What kind of a question is that? Your file isn't playing right. Probably has some bits scrambled in it. As in the video you want doesn't exist on your drive anymore, just the scrambled version. You can try running it through vlc, but if it doesn't play in MPV, you're probably not going to get anywhere without redownloading it from an uncorupted source.
>>
Immediate advice needed, someone accessed my email account and then within minutes reset my facebook account(I don't even use fb anymore) as well. I was supposed to be at college but luckily I bunked today so I saw the notification on my phone and blocked their system(they were using linux) and reset my email and fb passwords. I even added my phone number as a recovery phone number in case this happens again, something I didn't want to do.

Anyways my concern is that I have no idea how the fuck they got access to my gmail account, my password was pretty strong and was unique as well. I'm afraid they'll try to access my account again.

Any advice on how I can prevent my account from getting hacked? I haven't enabled two factor authentication because phones aren't allowed in my college and I sometimes log in from there but I'll enable it as a last resort.
>>
>>62327527
Considering it was already compromised, post your old password so I can pass judgement.
>>
i got a job interview as an assistant network admin, during the phone interview he mentioned something called "spin apps" but i cant find anything about those

anyone know what he meant by that?
>>
>>62327518
>As in the video you want doesn't exist on your drive anymore

That's the confusing part, the torrent literally just finished, but this has happened before in a few other rare cases
>>
>>62327546
mugi@wara700
>>
>>62327560
You could just be downloading shit torrents. Something could be wrong with your drive and that's just the first symptom you're noticing. Your GPU could be dying. You tried this shit on another PC? And I go back to the first suggestion. Try it on goddamn MPV.
>>
File: 1383264934757.gif (74KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1383264934757.gif
74KB, 782x543px
>>62327587

Works perfectly in MPV. Interesting.
>>
>>62327576
No, that's a horrible password. Here's an example of one of my old passwords
supermega! double nigger blaster calamity
>>
>>62327494
lulwut
>>
>>62327603
May be something wrong with your install. Completely uninstall MPC-HC and install klite codec pack.
>>
>>62327555
In what context? If they were talking about ubuntu boxes he might have meant snap meme^Wapps.
>>
>>62327617
What exactly makes my password weak though? It's not an English word, it has special characters and numbers and it's length is 12. I thought that would be sufficient.
>>
File: fmVkucY.png (60KB, 514x578px) Image search: [Google]
fmVkucY.png
60KB, 514x578px
Tell me why I shouldn't
>>
>>62327650
Its small and the characteristics are tiny. Humans and computers don't think about passwords the same way.
>>
>>62327665
Well I guess that means I'll have to change my passwords again. Any idea how they managed to access my account though? Doesn't gmail like lock an account after a certain number of failed tries.
>>
>>62327658
Because a x399 with a TR 1900x gives you 8core/16thread at a better cost with 64 pcie lanes. Good for multiple nvme ssds.
>>
>>62327658
You could feed and shelter a dozen displaced storm victims with that money.
>>
>>62316228
What is the best browser for android? All I find are shitty browsers meant for desktops or assume you have high speed data.

What is a good browser for android 4.4 that is minimalist and just does simple shit and isn't a botnet or ad riddled? I tried a text browser, but that got me nowhere on 4chan and tint browser hasn't been updated in years and won't let me use the file selection here.
>>
>>62327644
he was talking about sql shit, like SRSS and MOSS

and then said that they might also be tasked with making "spin apps". so i just pretended like i knew wtf that was.
>>
>>62327700
They accessed your account with the password. I don't know how gmail works, I avoid google services. Sorry Anon.
Since they changed the password, it might not have been someone trying to subvert information or spy on you. I don't know Anon, maybe just you drew a short stick.
>>
>>62327714
I don't live in burgerland

>>62327711
at the cost of clockspeed
>>
>>62322264
X series ryzen chips have a 20 degree offset.
>>
>>62327765
>0.3ghz delta
Seriously? You make up the difference in the high speed ram kit due to infinity fabric.
>>
>>62327765
>I don't live in burgerland
they don't have compassion in your country?
>>
>>62327751
They didn't change my gmail password but they did reset my fb account. They also deleted the message we get on gmail when someone accesses your account from a different system but luckily I saw it before it was deleted. Maybe they were going to change my email password as well but I stopped it before they did that.

Anyways thank you for your help anon. I'm just kind of paranoid right now. It's the first time this has happened to me.
>>
I setup a desktop and everything for root, which is bad apparently.
Many applications and things don't work as root because its 'dangerous'
So what do I do now?
I want to be able to open those programs but have no idea how to properly setup another user with a desktop and everything.
>>
>>62327857
adduser mynewusersname
Then logout/reboot and log in as that user.
>>
>>62327617
kek
>>
How can I buy 100 dollars worth of bitcoin? If I go to some vender and pay cash could it be tracked back to me?
>>
>>62327877
I tried that but the desktop didn't load so its not like I could do anything in there.
>>
File: diskinfo.png (510KB, 1002x692px) Image search: [Google]
diskinfo.png
510KB, 1002x692px
So yesterday night, my hdd showed 100% disk usage. It's not the OS disk (i have an ssd for that) and i wasn't using anything off of it so it seemed weird. I tried opening up a folder from the hdd but it kept loading forever.

I thought it was weird so I restarted my computer. Windows stuck at "restarting" so I pressed the reset button - then it took about 2 minutes to boot (vs 5-10 seconds before) and windows didn't even recognize the disk. I restarted and checked BIOS - it didn't even show up there.

The disk seemed to do a very soft click at some constant rhythm too. All pointed to the disk being dead.

I removed the SATA cable and turned on the pc with the disk just being on the PSU - no clicks (no idea if that means anything). I tried another SATA cable and turned on the pc again - normal boot speeds, no clicks at all, disk works fine, no high disk usage.

I checked crystaldisk immediately and it seems ok.

Can it be just the cable, or is it some sign the disk is dying and I was given a second chance to backup my shit?
>>
>>62327790
with overclocks the gap is larger, I haven't seen much about the stable oc's of the 1900x.

>>62327804
Of course they do, but I think I've had enough of this i7 930 and x58 board. Even hurricane victims would understand my plight.
>>
>>62327998
Doesn't matter. Make a backup anyway. If you care about losing something, ALWAYS have AT LEAST one backup. If you don't care enough to save up for an extra HDD, you don't really care about your shit.
>>
>>62317544
You can but it would be an extremely long and tedious process without a certain outcome of profit, you'd need to make a big enough following so that someone offers to buy the page and start shilling their products, you could spend months and months creating your following and then sell it for a couple hundred if that, no worth it imo
>>
>>62327939
log into a tty (as your non-root user) and run startx and look at errors on stdout and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>
My phone rebooted itself while i was using it and is now bootlooping (1st gen moto g with cm12). Is there any way to flash the mofo without authorizing ADB or a trick to just top the boot loop?
No SD card so that is out.
>>
I have a FPV done. I want to overlay open street maps data on top of video. How to I send GPS location of drone to me in real time?
>>
>>62328115
>My phone rebooted itself while i was using it and is now bootlooping (1st gen moto g with cm12).
my nigga, mine (pa 4.4) started having the systemUI constantly crashing a couple months ago
If you can boot to recovery you might be able to adb into there. I don't know if it uses the main OS accepted keys or not though.
>>
>>62327650
Usually passwords with "random" characters are less susceptible to brute force attacks and passwords that contain recognizable patterns like words put you more at risk
>>
>>62327630
If I send myself uncompressed photos, do they stay on the telegram cloud forever? Is there a limit of photos ?
>>
>>62327650

it's too short - all that matters is the length of the password

ofc a few symbols protect you from the possibility of a bruteforcer trying lowercase letters only.

i often use spaces and 1-2 more special characters combined with 4-5 words.

my dropbox password could be "my fantabulous files reside here!@#"

35 characters and way easier to remember
>>
>>62319306
try using recuva to retrieve them
>>
>>62325381
oh so they're trying to turn the desktop client into snapchat like they did with the mobile one?
microshit is getting really desperate
>>
New thread:
>>62328393
>>62328393
>>62328393
>>
>>62328353
>all that matters is the length of the password
>ofc a few symbols protect you from the possibility of a bruteforcer trying lowercase letters only.
fake and gay
Password crackers haven't been that simplistic for years now
>>
>>62328159
I was able to get it to start up by wiping all user data a few times... Now onto the clusterfuck that lineage 14 will be because i lost my cm12.2 image
>>
Why is my download speed also down to the max when I'm uploading? I'm uploading at 100 kbps (that's my upload speed limit) and my download speed limit is 1700 kbps, and when I'm uploading my download speed goes down to 0 - can barely open google.
Pretty sure this wasn't the case in the past. right? I noticed this yesterday.
Is this some new internet technology meme?
>>
>>62316228
what's the best firefox version that i can use for ricing?
>>
>>62328557
netscape navigator 1.0
>>
>>62328115
I gave up flashing custom OS. Tell me one benefit of using a custom OS.
>>
>>62328698
easiest way to root so you can have a device wide adblock/ anything else that needs root. Also i can use newer version of android on my cheap old device.
>>
>>62328818
>device wide adblock
What do you mean?
>i can use newer version of android on my cheap old device
And what if you use newer version of android? All android versions are crap.
>>
>>62328865
>What do you mean?
Hosts file.
>All android versions are crap.
No new real features since 4.4, the two versions after that got faster due to bytecode improvements. The new one doesn't any better.

I like putting aosp on my droid phones because it makes me feel like I am more in control of my life in a little way.
>>
>>62328865
https://f-droid.org/packages/org.adaway/
>All android versions are crap.
Yeah, but i need a phone and android is less shit than windows phone.
>>
>>62328885
>https://f-droid.org/packages/org.adaway/
top kek, installed it and got some games ads
>>
>>62329039
you have to set it up first
>>
File: IMG-20170909-WA0003.jpg (148KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170909-WA0003.jpg
148KB, 720x1280px
What is this silver grey thing called?
>>
can a bad psu cause GPU overheating? ive got a shitty "560w" supply and kfa2 gtx560ti which, when i switch around the 2 6-pin power cables wont even boot, and it overheats to 80c+ when doing anything remotely intensive
>>
>>62329813
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_capacitor
>>
>>62318303
200-300 everything in that price range contains Intel Celeron or i3.
They all come with 500GB HDD and 4GB DDR3.
They IntelHD plays anything up to 2012 in terms of video games at 720p.
They will play REMUX or Blurays flawlessly.
1080p youtube is no more since the last update,it will stutter on lower end models.
The batteries is the down side of all of them,very small capacity.
If you can aith for AMD new laptop offerings in a month or two.

optional:get used and get new battery for it.
>>
>>62321124
Just a head up waterfox has huge issues with RAM leakage.
>>
>>62323648
Its called wake on lan.
Disable it in the motherboard BIOS.
>>
>>62325919
Go in the think pad general and ask.

>>62318476
>>
>>62329822
Check for bitcoin malware
clean the card fan with compressed air
run Msi Afterburner with fan speed at 100%
see how it behaves,I seriously doubt its the PSU.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.