[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making RHEL 7.4 work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: redhat.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
redhat.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
It installed successfully this week. It's registered. I cannot install any software. I have the same problem as this guy.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/121691/no-package-available-cannot-install-git-through-yum

I legally bought RHEL, but I can't access any repositories. I can't even install stuff from the Application Installer.
>>
Don't you get support with red hat
>>
>>62312002
I'm not.
>>
>>62311970
ask rhel.
not /g/
you paid them
>>
What does "subscription-manager repos" say?
>>
>>62312045
They're stupid and useless, even with screenshots.
>>62312050
>This system has no repositories available through subscriptions.
>>
>>62312077
Did you register via subscription manager? Did you go into RHN and attach the subscription?
>>
>>62312161
Yeah. That was all done automatically on installation. I re-did it and it still doesn't work.
>>
>>62311970
Fuck RHEL, CentOS project takes RHEL sources
and compiles them -> CentOS.
>>
>>62312268
No. Fuck off. They are owned by RH now anyway.
>>
>The United States Department of Defense uses Linux - "the U.S. Army is “the” single largest install base for Red Hat Linux"[30] and the US Navy nuclear submarine fleet runs on Linux,[31] including their sonar systems.[32]

Good enough for the military, not good enough for OP
>>
>>62312354
The US military is a joke.
>>
>>62312367
I'm sure.
>>
>>62312238
DID YOU GO INTO RHN AND ATTACH THE SUBSCRIPTION?
>>
>>62312388
Yes retard.

>This system is already registered. Use --force to override
>>
>>62312394
That's not RHN.
>>
>>62312407
RHN sucks. I have no idea how to register it. They recently changed the interface, so all the instructions I get from support are wrong.
>>
>>62312394
https://access.redhat.com/management/systems
Click the system
Click Subscriptions tab
Click "Attach Subscriptions"
>>
>>62312424
>No matching subscriptions found.
>>
>the state of enterprise linux

can't even install software LMAO can't even make this shit up
>>
I'm going to bed. Will check this thread in 8 hours.
>>
>>62312551
>the state of /g/
Can't even register their machine to get access to repos. Can't even make this shit up.
>>
>>62311970
learn2scl
>>
>>62312684
if only he could download a package off a website and install with a wizard.
>>
also if you legally bought rhel you get support. that's what redhat is about retard. just open a ticket with pajeet and you will be helped because they actually know more than the average fa/g/got
>>
>>62312367
Where and when did you serve to have such a firm opinion?
Or are you just shitposting?
>>
>>62311970

Red Hat Employee here

Did you enable repos? Look in /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo (I think this is the path?)

And make sure that enabled=1 is set on the repos you want.
>>
>>62313730
Hey I saw on your website that there was a free version of RHEL for CS students. Is it legit or will I have to pay for a subscription after the first six months or something?
>>
>>62313757
There is a free version for everyone called the Developers Suite.

https://developers.redhat.com/downloads/
>>
>>62313766
yeah that's the one. The question was, why is it free? where's the jew trick? You mean I can just get rhel for free and get free support too? sounds way too good to be true
>>
>>62313779

It is self support, the catch is you cannot use it in production, only for development. If you want to goto production that is how we get you to pay us.
>>
>>62313779
>>62313797

I should clarify this is the old 99$ subscription, we just made it free.
>>
>>62313797
Lawyer here, have told clients not to mess with it because "production" is not defined well enough.
>>
>>62313797
>>62313809
Yeah but for a CS student like me I shouldn't have any issues with licensing,i'd use it only for making FOSS programs anyway
>>
>>62313809

I totally agree we don't do that. At least there is always CentOS(which is now an official Red Hat product build from the same sources but rebranded)

For students, it should be totally fine and avoid any issues.
>>
>>62312367
If they are a joke then what does that make everyone else?
You don't have millitarized nations like Sparta or Prussia anymore, all you have now are faggots.
>>
>>62313832
FOSS is the cancer killing the software industry
>>
>>62313836
centos is not a redhat product. centos is as the name states a community enterprise operating system. it is sponsored by redhat same as fedora, but is not a project.

>>62313949
>hurr durr i need to shitpost otherwise my life has no value
>>
>>62314108
s/project/product/
>>
>>62314108
.. Hate to break it to ya, but Red Hat acquired it and the copyright to the CentOS trademark.

http://community.redhat.com/centos-faq/#_centos_trademark
>>
>>62311970
>has (expensive) rhel subscription
>uses stackexchange and 4chan for support

just use centos you utter pleb.
>>
>>62314172
trademark doesn't mean its a product. you can't buy licenses, nor can you get support, etc.
>>
>>62315742
And? It is still a Red Hat product.

Your argument is that since you don't get support for OpenSUSE that means it is not a product from SUSE.
>>
>>62311970

lol @systemd faggots in this shilling thread
>>
>>62316036
lol @ 35 year old dweb shilling, not having a job and screaming at his mom for more tendies, while shitposting on /g/
>>
>>62311970
>paying for Linux
o i am laffin
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.