[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why "professional" software is so shitty? Just took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 1487180331364.png (49KB, 2000x525px) Image search: [Google]
1487180331364.png
49KB, 2000x525px
Why "professional" software is so shitty?
Just took a peek at task manager with Photoshop and AE running: there are 27 (!) Adobe related proccesses running. Holy fucking shit, WHY?
Idling Photoshop uses 10 times more RAM than AE does, there are three node.js instances running and this crap is still relies on the fucking QuickTime.
It feels like most of the software orinted at prosumers and above is made by fucking brainless monkeys, Adobe is just a common example. Just about every other sw has stability issues and/or bugs carefully preserved for years and/or popular user requests being ignored.
How does that kind of software become a bloated poorly coded mess?
I am fucking butthurt.
>>
>>62311400
Pajeets are to blame
>>
Fucking amazing, Photoshop just terminated itself after five minutes of no user interaction. What the fuck.

>>62311493
Pretty sure software like that was total crap even before Pajeet invasion.
>>
>>62311400
It has a lot to do with Adobe. They know the people who rely on their software will always go to them for the newest updates and support but the thing is Adobe as a company just seems bad with resources in general. When we point out that they still haven't gotten around to fixing the memory leaks, bloat, and clunky unresponsiveness you'll know exactly why Flash is obsolete. They suck.

Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign are probably such a necessity to some that they put up with all of it. Even considering the cons, holy shit those 3 things really do what they do.
>>62311493
kids shouldn't be allowed to post here and you need to go to bed
>>
>>62311400
It's just Adobe. Shitty software is what they do.
>>
>open Vegas Pro
>two (2) processes running
wew
>>
>>62312029
>>62312416
But it's not just Adobe, I heard A LOT of shit about some VFX and business software.

>>62312569
Vegas was unstable shit too, maybe it's better since Sony sold it though.
>>
>>62312625
Adobe is the worst offender, by far, from what I've seen. It was already bad years ago, but now with their rent online DRM shit it's just ridiculous.
>>
G I M P
I
M
P
>>
>>62311400
Use the AMTEmu crack from Painter
It patch the amtlib.dll and get rid of all the Adobe dependencies, make it able to run without Creative Cloud and all other bullshit
>>
>>62313943
routine without patch
>>
>>62313943
I have tried it but it does not make any significant difference except for startup times, to be honest.
>>
File: simplified_amtemu_scheme.png (24KB, 363x577px) Image search: [Google]
simplified_amtemu_scheme.png
24KB, 363x577px
routine with amtlib.dll patched
>>
>>62313943
Does it get rid of the annoying CC panels in photoshop?
>>
This happens with most pieces of software run by large companies with large user bases. They get lazy. There’s so many endless lines of code writen by so many people, many of whom won’t be in the company at a given time. It’s hard to even blame them. If Adobe/Autodesk/Microsoft/Google wanted to fix their software they’d probably have to just start from scratch.
>>
>>62311400
There are lots of artists in deviantart who use GIMP and Kirta to draw masterpieces. And there are many who use photoshop as well.
It's upto the users and their skills not the software.
>>
systemd has the same problem

systemd runs a root

systemd forces your debian ubuntu botnets to use google as DNS

but oy vey goym linux is free libre from nazis

trust poettering the caucasian jew from red hat

*tips menorah*
>>
>>62311400
>Photoshop uses 10 times more memory than AE
No it doesn't. You don't do jack shit in AE because you're a stupid faggot.
>>
>>62315762
Everything that guy touches...turns linux to shit.
>>
File: proprietary software.jpg (119KB, 568x220px) Image search: [Google]
proprietary software.jpg
119KB, 568x220px
>>
File: 1475069395736.jpg (27KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475069395736.jpg
27KB, 554x400px
From professional software this is the ranking from the most stable to the worst piece of shit i ever used

Cinema4D>Houdini>Maya>Nuke>Premiere/Photoshop>After Effects>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blender>>>>>>>>>Zbrush

My fav is still Maya.
>>
>>62311493
https://github.com/orgs/adobe/people
there's like 3 pajeets in this whole org. I doubt they have the power to add so much bloat
>>
Photoshop CS3 still has everything I need. CS6 is also pretty good.
>>
Most "professional" software gets purchased by corporate buyers that don't actually have to use it. Naturally that leads them into buying whatever has the best marketing & "no one gets fired for buying IBM" factor. This is true of a lot of non software business products as well.
>>
>>62311400
>obviously not a professional
>doesnt know that quicktime was the only viable video playback solution for the longest time
I bet you transcode everything to MKV first lol
>doesn't know that the backend of AE is atleast 15 years old
>hasnt witnessed the ten fold performance increase since CS5.5
>cries about photoshop but is too stupid for illustrator probably

Have you ever tried recording something to DigiBetaSP tape? THAT is a shitshow. Have you ever had to rearrange all your PCIe Cards to fit the hardware specs of Avid Media Composer? Have you spent days finding the bottleneck in your system only to find out that the last two digits of your video card driver make the system unstable and uncertified?

To be honest, Adobe is not the best solution of all time, but compared to other big players in the Broadcast / Media industry they are doing pretty damn well. Before Adobe CC you literally had to invest 10-20k in soft and hardware before you could even start
>>
>>62311400
your fault for using shit CC version
>>
>>62315881
Hi dabbing nigger. Currently checking unbiased renders to see which one is the fastest. MAXWELL VS ARNOLD

After effects should be upgraded in your list, imho
>>
>>62315944
>>hasnt witnessed the ten fold performance increase since CS5.5
What performance where? I can only presume you are talking about encoding speed, but that's absolutely irrelevant to what the software is really for. And it lags like fucking shit since the flat update. It feels like it was rewritten with javashit, that's how much it sucks. The performance is pisspoor for doing same tasks at same settings going back to CS3.
>>
>>62316072
The 3D Room preview has been dramatically improved. Used to be absolutely unworkable, now is just an annoying piece of shit.
Same goes for audio preview performance, now in sync atleast half of the time.
UI is wayyyy snappier. At least on CC 2015.
>>
>>62315997
Redshift or Octane if you want fast renders, Arnold for everything else. Mantra is ok too.
>>
>>62316192
The AE's 3d functionality is a complete hack. It offers bare minimum, and is no replacement to compositors that handle 3d properly.
>>
>>62315716
I can draw with a fucking MS Paint if I want to. It's just not efficient. The same goes for Krita and GIMP. They are not good enough for professional work. That being said, I envy these fuckers from devianart who can use free tools and just don't give a shit if their work is going to be used in production and all compatability issues that come with it.
>>
File: 1504593066081.png (170KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1504593066081.png
170KB, 512x512px
>>62311400
This.

And yet they like to shit on FOSS because it's "made by autistic NEETs".
Could be true, but it's ultimately the actual software quality that counts. And empirical evidence shows that FOSS is lighter, faster, more stable and with fewer bugs than proprietary equivalent counterparts. Unfortunately, there isn't a free alternative for everything (yet), but the absence of FOSS for some task doesn't mean existing FOSS isn't good.
>>
File: iplriwnau4hz.jpg (343KB, 1600x1846px) Image search: [Google]
iplriwnau4hz.jpg
343KB, 1600x1846px
>>62315886
Adobe doesn't host CC softs on github, there is a lot more devs implied.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.