[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NVIDIA driver issues 382

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Toilet station.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Toilet station.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I run my primary PC over Steam Inhome - Which will let me use the peripherals of my HTPC - I'll then just use the HDMI cables signal to get 4K60 FPS.

Now I updated my driver. Whenever I run games the screen will turn black for a few seconds, this will also happen in the game, when I open menus or fall out of the map in Warframe / MEAMP. This issue is really annoying.

Is my cable defective? Reinstalling didn't change anything. This problem exists exactly since I updated that driver.

I'm running a 1080 Ti and WIndows 8.1, the HTPC has a GT 530.

>Picture not related
>>
>>62309376
does that guy not realize the moisture from a bathroom will kill that setup
>>
>>62310080
>Implying he needs to take showers
>>
>>62309376
Had the exact same issue but just with games with the latest nvidia driver , I rolled back to the last one and not bothering until a newer one is released.
A friend had the same issues but she wiped all her previous updates and did a clean install of the latest and it runs fine
>>
>>62309376
I was having this issue with my 560ti, I had to downgrade their stock drivers to fix it (which in turn made all my games run like shit)

There's issues with switching between power modes when a game starts taking up more or less of your hardware, and the GPU has to actually reset in order to change power levels. When you install a driver, make sure you read the fine print to see if your graphics card is included with that driver.

There's a lengthy as fuck guide on how to mod the voltages yourself, but I never got around to it because the next update nvidia released was in fact for my graphics card. It's fucking shitty that they automatically make you install the latest update, even if your GPU isn't included on the list.
>>
>>62309376
There is never any need to update your drivers unless the update is a fix for an issue the older drivers are causing in software you desire to use.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.