[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?
>>
Because they didn't take pictures of the people who were not excited
>>
>>62302181
wow, that's actually a pretty good answer.
>>
Can I use windows xp today? Anime and some sites only.
>>
please someone photoshop Terry into this
>>
Because it is, to date, the best operating system conceived by the mind of man (i dont count templeos, that was a creation of god qorking through his vessle named terry)
>>
>>62302246
Yes just have to find a media player for XP.
>>
>>62302061
>Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?
Because they told us the future was going to be better, and we believed them. We were happy.
>>
>>62302061
because GUI and media features , all in all a WAY easier to handle and use OS than DOS
>>
Because autism cult
>>
>made computers more widely usable to normal people and not just the tech literate
>was made during the era where Windows was making constant strides forward and not taking huge steps backward (vista/8.1/10)

What wasn't there to be excited about?
>>
>>62302061
They weren't. It was a forced marketing meme at the time, and no one gave a shit about the fucking Rolling Stones, it was in the same vein as the Gloria Estefan Ballmer freakout.
>>
>>62302061
Because of their commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2owaKucyU1Y
>>
File: xBMWDWu.jpg (116KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
xBMWDWu.jpg
116KB, 800x591px
>>62302381
>>
>>62302443
Really? I can use VLC for example.
>>
>>62303480
Audible kek
>>
>>62302246
100%, just make sure you're locked down as tightly as possible. Ideally get a hardware firewall and use more uncommon browsers that still support XP.
Hilariously, WannaCry didn't encrypt the hard drive of any XP computer since it would bluescreen when it tried to start.
>>
Are you seriously, or is it a joke?
I've got a very old computer, so I need to use xp. I also like this os.
>>
>>62302181
It was a big deal. It was all over the news all over the world. I member.

It was a big deal because it finally brought a polished looking OS into the PC market, where they had lagged behind apple by 10 years on that front.
>>
>>62303002
hey don't talk shit about Gloria
>>
>>62303480
I love (You)
>>
File: mfw.jpg (40KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
40KB, 600x300px
>>62302061
>Why was everyone so excited for Windows 95?
>>
File: 6346346.png (8KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
6346346.png
8KB, 640x480px
>>62303868
>they had lagged behind apple by 10 years on that front
Yes, Windows 3.1 lagged so much behind this, the fuck are you even talking about
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.