[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 75

File: animeheadphones.jpg (1MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
animeheadphones.jpg
1MB, 2400x1600px
>"What's with you faggots not starting new threads?" Edition.

>Headphone purchase advice: http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub (embed)

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in >>>/g/csg

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ: https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread >>62288259
>>
I could use some good advice.
I personally love sound stage and good seperation, I love picking out all different instruments. I've never had open headphones, my roommates can be bitchy so I don't want them to hear anything.
So tell me /g/, do open headphones really leak that much? And if so, are there any closed or semi-open headphones that provide good sound stage and seperation? I would prefer something < 300$.
>>
>>62301516
What exactly is the arrangement? If you have your own bedroom and will mostly be listening in there, open headphones should be fine. If this is a college dorm kinda situation then you'll probably wanna play it safe with closed.
>>
>>62301622
Nah I have my own bedroom and most likely the door will be closed as well. My roommates could bitch at the very least bit of sound already though.
If open still seems quite ok, any recommendations?
>>
>>62301659
Yeah if you've got the door closed it really shouldn't be an issue. As for specific recs I don't have the experience a lot of people here (claim to) have but < $300 gives you a lot of options. Half the people here will tell you to get HD 600 (which I have and love), the other half will tell you they're an overpriced meme and to get a planar magnetic set like HE-400i or m1060. I haven't heard planars myself yet but since this thread is a bit sleepy now I figured I'd take a stab at what you're likely to hear when there's more posters.
>>
>>62301659
If the door is closed you should be fine, i've tested this before, left my DT880 blasting very lound and went outside, could barely hear anything, and that was with a much louder than healthy volume.

In my experience:
>Separation:
HD600>DT880=K702>AD900X
>Stage (by size):
K702=AD900X>DT880>HD600

Keep in mind that they all excell at something in detriment of something else, best thing to do would be to listen to them all and find your own favorite. Also, i'm only talking from experience, i'm sure there are other good options out there.
>>
>Budget
30 USD is about as much as I'm willing to spend.
>Location
US
>Source
laptop, phone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Sound signature
Not an audiohpile, I'm just trying to make a smart buy based on what /g/ gonsiders not garbage
>Past headphones
I have Philips SHP9500 at home and they're all right. I don't really have much to compare against besides from no-name headphones that I wouldn't want to own.

Please and thank you /g/
>>
>>62302032
KZ ZS5
>>
Opinions on the thx00? Thinking about upgrading to. It from my dt990
>>
Alright, here's the deal: it's almost the end of 2017 and I've been using strictly only wireless Bluetooth headphones for the couple last years, simply out of principle and to gather all the needed first-hand experience on this entire "wired VS wireless" debacle. So, after using strictly only wireless headphones on a daily basis for almost two-and-a-half years, I can definitely without any doubt openly state that the "always wired only" and "only highly expensive portable players/no smartphone pleb-tier" pseudo-audiophilic FAGGOTS are completely and absolutely FULL OF SHIT. I won't argue with anyone here that wireless headphones in general and wireless sound technologies in overall were utter garbage just 5-or-so years ago, but nowadays it's NOWHERE even remotely close to being as bad as it was in 2012 and further down the line. Everything (literally EVERY THING) these so-called self-proclaimed pseudo-audiophilic kiddie shithead trolls are openly and absolutely brainlessly proclaiming loudly everywhere about MODERN wireless sound technologies being any "bad" or "not on par with wired" is 100% COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Abso-effing-lute LIE. These retarded deaf kiddies clearly never used any modern wireless headphones that cost more than 50$ (and actually good/worthwhile wireless headphones start from the 120$ mark AT THE VERY LEAST) and/or they never tried Apt-X LL or ESPECIALLY the GODLIKE LDAC. These FAGS basically don't know jack about any of this, but they act like they're the hottest and most knowledgeable shits around the block while in reality they're not hot, but just shit. MODERN wireless sound IS actually VERY good and does NOT lose to wired at all by the sheer quality of sound and latency (if it's apt-X LL or LDAC), WHILE being WAAAY more convenient and comfortable to use due to headphones being completely (WELL, DUH!) wireless. Fuck all those pseudo-audiophilic pseudo-elitistic sudo-entitled "pro-wired" scrubshits, I say. They know fucking NOTHING.
>>
File: Ss2ITExm.png (192KB, 350x446px) Image search: [Google]
Ss2ITExm.png
192KB, 350x446px
>What ~50$ range wireless headphones would /g/ recommend?
Unfortunately, there are almost no actually decent/good models in that price range. The closest one you can get to be of a "somewhat decent sound quality" is Rombica's "MySound BH-10 2C" model, but they have extremely crappy Bluetooth range and they usually tend to bug out and turn off even if slightest electromagnetic interference is nearby (like, for example, when you're in a convenience store and standing near a commercial fridge). Also note that they are literally "Chinkshit Wireless"-tier of headphones. If you never ever had a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones before and you wish to get ACTUALLY worthwhile device from the first attempt - you'd have to spend AT LEAST 120$ and these will be MEElectronics' "Air-Fi Matrix 3" model and NO OTHER. This is the EXACT very point where actual wireless GOOD quality starts.

>Have they also opened it up for non-Sony headphones or do I need a Sony wireless?
That we don't know yet, as there are simply no massive amount of Android 8-based smartphones on the market so far, but I personally highly doubt that this will be Sony-only when it becomes mainstream, simply due to default LDAC implementation in all Android 8 devices making no logical sense in the case if Sony decides to not license this to other wireless headphone manufacturers. They've already licensed this to Android 8, so why the hell will they restrict it only to their wireless headphones now? That will be an asshole move and will undoubtedly garner a lot of critique on Sony's ass. I don't think that Sony's THAT stupid as to not provide other wireless headphone manufacturers with a LDAC license. And even if (and that's a very big IF) they actually in all seriousness restrict LDAC usage only to their wireless devices, this still at least leaves us an option to not use a Sony smartphone for it if we wouldn't want to, so there's at least that.
>>
>>62302270
Combo breaker
>>
>>62300206
>Got any proof that he is using a broken gear to measure headphones?
He has made these errors previously. The AP tester breaks, something blows out in the mic pre and he has to go back and redo measurements. Other than channel imbalances I cannot point to a specific concern here.
He also has to recognize that he has made an error to go back and fix it.
>DSP mechanism
The calibration mechanism was described in the AES publication about 2 years ago. Ulrich(?) Horbach, called something like "Characterizing Frequency Response of Headphones". Have you read it? It's on the wiki.
An acoustical feedback method cannot linearize high frequency performance. The phase of the feedback is too far shifted from the signal. The only effective way to do so is with a existing model, either a black box method or a parametric method a la Klippel. Neither method is ready for application in a headphone device.
The THD+N measurement is not reflective of any sort of real harmonic distortion performance from any sort of headphone. The behavior is completely inconsistent with behavior from any type of driver design, but not inconsistent with noise measurement. The measurement explicitly includes noise, leading to this conclusion.
>in frequent contact with Harman research group
What information is shared between them? If you just say that, it could be at the level of any other reviewer asking about a product.
Yes, I do know that he published Horbach's comment about the correction method. But that information can be found in his convention paper.
>>
>>62302332
>broken runglish
Since you don’t get it, let's forget the DFT and start with Fourier series.
Fourier's proposal claims that any periodic sequence can be broken in sinusoids. Each sinusoid has an amplitude and a phase associated to it.
The amplitude and phase of each is modified by the frequency response of the headphone, normally referred to as the headphone transfer function. Multiply any of the harmonics by the frequency response to get a partial sampling of the frequency response.
The overshoot of the waveform at each corner is a demonstration of both Gibbs phenomenon and the phase constraints of a causal system.
The square waves shown should not look very much square given that they are made from the raw response straight from the coupler, before correction functions.
>>
File: 14782467204110.jpg (127KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
14782467204110.jpg
127KB, 900x900px
>Name one worthwhile wireless headphone that isn't shit-tier or overpriced for what it sounds
Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 SE (monitor, closed, neutral, 200~250$, somewhat bulky)
MEElectronics Air-Fi Matrix 3 (monitor, half-open, neutral-to-bright, price-wise this is the very start of the actual good quality in wireless headphones so this is as low as you should go, 120~140$, light, strong clamping force)
Marshall Monitor Bluetooth (monitor, closed, V-shape, 150~180$, not very good looks)
Master & Dynamic MW60 (monitor, closed, V-shape, high price yet not ineptly overpriced, 420~600$, best materials, very easily changeable pads)
Bang & Olufsen H9 (monitor, closed, neutral, mid-to-high price, 250~300$, super-solid build)
Sony MDR-1000X (monitor, closed, warm-to-neutral, mid-to-high price, 280~350$, great ANC)
Onkyo W800BT (IEM, closed, neutral, 100% wireless, 150~200$, can be charged on-the-go)
JVC HA-S90BN (monitor, closed, V-shape, 120~150$, not pretty at all)

All of these currently available headphones are absolutely worthwhile wireless solutions. The most expensive one in that list is Master & Dynamic MW60, but they're not really overpriced (usually sell for 600$, but can be found for ~420$ at some places during sale-off days).

P.S.
Answering the question that was made in the previous thread: "open" structure is not actually common in the wireless segment, at least when it comes down to monitor headphones, but if anything - you could always try MEElectronics' Air-Fi Matrix 3, they're partially open. All of the closed monitor headphones mentioned above are absolutely top-notch pieces of hardware and sound very good for their respective pricing segments (Master & Dynamic MW60 having the best materials and sounding phenomenally even in artificially created bad conditions, but it's sound curve, which is very clearly V-shaped, is definitely not necessarily for everyone. I personally prefer absolutely neutral sound in my headphone sets of choice).
>>
>>62302102
Thanks anon
>>
File: aKDxr8b_460s.jpg (19KB, 460x368px) Image search: [Google]
aKDxr8b_460s.jpg
19KB, 460x368px
>>62302461
>>
Opinions on the new Sony WH-1000XM2? Is it worth getting?
>>
>>62302475
Looks like no one worthy of notion reviewed it yet. We'll see in 2 or more months from now. Probably going to be overpriced as fucking hell at the start, simply because "newer than MDR 1000X".
>>
>>62302475
Be patient.
How the would anyone know? It's barely been one week since its announcement. It's not even for sale yet.
At least you can get the 1000X for a price cut.
>>
>>62302475
If it's the same sound quality as the old 1000x with updated materials to fix snappage then fuck yes it's worth getting.
>>
>>62302475
http://www.whathifi.com/sony/wh-1000xm2/review
A very bullshitty and pretty clearly bought advertisement of a "review", but either way this is one of the first ones out there.
Highlights if it's tl;dr for you: even better ANC than in MDR 1000X, internally integrated DAC can now be turned off manually (was always turned on by defaulkt in MDR 1000X), slightly better materials than MDR 1000X (according toi this paid "review", that is), MUCH better looks and color options than MDR 1000X had, even less buttons and those which were left are positioned better than on MDR 1000X, MUCH better battery lifespan (~30 hours WITH noise cancelling on, HOLY SHIT), newer Bluetooth version, 350$ with pre-order (expect at least 450+ $ after worldwide release).
Well, kind of like this. Take all of this with a massive grain of salt considering that this is a very obviously paid-as-all-fucks "review" up there.
>>
Why does bass make my ears bleed? Why does everyone make shit bass oriented ''headphones''
>>62301381
>Budget
115 euro
>location
Latvia
>source
Would prefer both USB and standard jack. Both should do. Will be plugging into a pc and sometimes to my phone.
>type
Full sized
>open or closed
Doesn't matter
>comfort
Would like comfy headphones, but not a neccesity.
>signature
Fucking hate bass.
Mid centric.
>>
>>62302737
SHP9500 + sabrent USB sound card
>>
File: MEE Air-Fi Matrix 3.png (3MB, 842x510px) Image search: [Google]
MEE Air-Fi Matrix 3.png
3MB, 842x510px
>>62302737
>115 Euro
>Hate bass
>Comfy
>Monitor
>Smartphone and PC
See here >>62302370, position #2. For that money budget, this is pretty much the only option for you. Pic-related is how they look.
>>
Does anyone know if the Schiit YGGDRASIL has a remote?
>>
>>62302752
>Anon asks for no-niggerbass headphones
>Recommends fucking Philips
KYS, you cancerous niggity wigger
>>
>>62302737
SHP9500S
>Would prefer both USB and standard jack.
This isn't a thing. It's one or the other. USB headphones have their own DAC and amp built-in. Standard headphones do not. The latter are nearly universally better values.
>>
>>62302820
U wot m8?
>>
File: Part Deux.jpg (19KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
Part Deux.jpg
19KB, 400x250px
>>62302852
>Golden Ears
"KYS - Part Deux"

What are you going to post next? Effing RTINGS?
>>
>>62302254
>>62302270
>>62302370
>>62302772
>>62302820
This is a reminder that this lying, shitposting troll claimed to own Orpheus and SR-009 but has refused to provide pic+timestamp. Ignore him and his trollrecs.
>>
>>62302884
Oh look, it's that eternally buttblasted wirecuck again. How were you been, faggot?
>>
>>62302874
what's wrong with rtings measurements?
>>
>>62302926
Are even for fucking real, nigger?
>>
>>62302874
Someone's mad.
>>
File: 1501281250728.jpg (1MB, 1920x2271px) Image search: [Google]
1501281250728.jpg
1MB, 1920x2271px
>>62302926
Not him. Rtings' opinions and compensated measurements are worthless because of pic related, but they've started posting raw measurements, which are valuable resources. There's also nothing wrong with Goldenears' old compensated measurements (thin red and blue lines) and their newer raw measurements (thick green and blue lines), although their newer compensated measurements (thick green and blue lines) are shit because of shitty retard bass boosted compensation curve.
>>
>>62302752
>>62302822
Where can i find them?
no local site has them and amazon cant deliver them to me.
>>
>>62302884
Report and ignore.
>>
>>62302968
You could've just said everything in one phrase: Harman sucks major donkey balls.
>>
>>62302970
Don't buy into that shit, mate. I told you - for the money you have there's no better option that Air-Fi Matrix 3 for you. Philips sucks ass.
>>
>>62302820
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>62302968
I just realized something new and retarded about this image: rtings assigns numerical scores to headphones based on their accuracy of a target curve which extends down to 10 Hz, even though 20 Hz is the lower limit of human hearing. They actually penalize headphones' bass accuracy scores for not being accurate down to 10 fucking Hertz. Full retard.
>>
File: 14836058012810.jpg (61KB, 709x538px) Image search: [Google]
14836058012810.jpg
61KB, 709x538px
>>62302989
>Reddit fag
>>
>>62302968
Why does the compensation curve matter if you are comparing two headphones with the same compensation applied?
>>
>>62303039
>based on their accuracy of a target curve
Accuracy TO a target curve. FTFM.
>>
>>62303039
Told ya it's shit. Golden Ears are just as shitty.
>>
>>62303051
You raise a valid point. rtings' compensated curves can be useful for that as long as you remember that they don't represent how the headphone actually sounds, particularly in the bass region.
>>
>>62303058
That doesn't make their raw measurements any less valuable, or their compensated measurements any less valuable for comparing one headphone to another if both are measured by rtings. It just means to ignore their numerical scores and subjective opinions about headphones.
>>
File: laughingkeions.jpg (280KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
laughingkeions.jpg
280KB, 720x486px
>he produces audible artifacts by reproducing lossy audio with lossy bluetooth codecs
>he uses bluetooth headphones
>his lossless music collection is small enough to fit on a phone
>he's too autistic to use high bitrate lossy streaming audio which is transparent 99% of the time with wired headphones and 0% of the time with bluetooth headphones
>>
>>62303105
>Everyone buys shit basing their opinion on "that one review"
>He says that "that one review and rating" from rtings doesn't affect buyer's decision if there are two different shitty reviews
U w0t, m8? Never go full-retard so hard.
>>
>>62302737
AD700X
>>
File: 14785085018440.gif (216KB, 838x650px) Image search: [Google]
14785085018440.gif
216KB, 838x650px
>>62303171
>lossy audio
320GB of FLAC, Redbook, and raw WAV.

>lossy bluetooth codecs
LDAC and Apt-X LL, you imbecile. LDAC is 24 bit, 990 kbps. Apt-X LL covers 0.8 times more than Apt-X HD was, and that one had 384kbps.

>lossless music collection is small enough to fit on a phone
256GB ROM + 256GB microSDXC, you cretin.

>streaming
KYS
>>
File: 1449291202657.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449291202657.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?
>>
>>62303241
LDAC and Apt-X LL are objectively lossy and 512 GB is a babby-sized lossless collection. Also, what kind of idiot archives raw WAV?
>>
>>62303275
Whatever you think it is.
>>
>>62303311
>512 GB is a babby-sized lossless collection
You also generally don't want to fill your entire phone with music so you have room for pictures and videos.
>>
File: jenkem float.jpg (50KB, 500x574px) Image search: [Google]
jenkem float.jpg
50KB, 500x574px
>>62303275
Do you even electrostatic bro?
>>
>>62303311
>LDAC and Apt-X LL are objectively lossy
You are an uneducated and inexperienced imbecile.

>512 GB is a babby-sized lossless collection
First - I've clearly said there's currently ~320GB of music on my device. Secondly - I'm not an audiophallic retard like the ones you represent, so I don't use my device for music ONLY. I just prefer to have high clarity music and to listen to it effortlessly. High quality modern wireless technologies allow to do exactly that. Hell, even my Orpheus wasn't bought by me back in the days, but by my father. It's a keepsake. Same for my SR-009. I'm not an "audiofool", I just like good music in good quality, but I don't "schlick" on music like you do.
>>
>>62303206
that is a lot more than my budget.
Amazon has them at 100 dollars now, but do they show taxes? and shipping costs.
>>
>>62303331
I use spare space for other purposes than the meme'cal "pictures and videos". I'm heavily addicted to emulation, if anything.
>>
File: staythere.jpg (109KB, 924x664px) Image search: [Google]
staythere.jpg
109KB, 924x664px
>>62303438
>>
File: 639.gif (427KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
639.gif
427KB, 400x271px
>>62303470
>He's so uneducated and inexperienced that he truly and completely unironically thinks emulation means only video games, that "emulation = games", that there are no other types of emulation rather than just "gaming emulation"
What a fucking immature dumbass you are, holy shit.
>>
>>62303275
"best headphone" doesn't exist. Perceiving of sound is subjective.
>>
>>62303411
Toss it in your cart or don't fully checkout to see the price of all that combined.
>>
File: chinesecartoonfacepalm.jpg (65KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
chinesecartoonfacepalm.jpg
65KB, 499x498px
>>62303506
>he thinks /v/ talks about video games
>>
File: ep4-poor-fishie.png (414KB, 642x480px) Image search: [Google]
ep4-poor-fishie.png
414KB, 642x480px
>>62303660
I couldn't give two fucks about what /v/ "talks about". Haven't been to that cesspool shithole since 2008.
>>
>>62303506
>I emulate old computers just to run old office software, I have never played a video game in my life
>>
File: 1403118448587.jpg (102KB, 720x951px) Image search: [Google]
1403118448587.jpg
102KB, 720x951px
>>62303799
Wow, you're actually even more of a retarded dumbass than I've thought initially about you. Holy shit, is there just no end of the bottom for the barrel that you and other """""(((people)))""""" like you represent? My deepest condolences to your family/relatives, even though I highly doubt you have any at all.
>>
I bet wireless guy is just DiPolar's new trolling alter ego.
>>
>>62303891
Do you see a name, faggot? No? Didn't think so.
I hate imbecilic tripfags no less than you do.
>>
>>62302332
>He has made these errors previously. The AP tester breaks, something blows out in the mic pre and he has to go back and redo measurements. Other than channel imbalances I cannot point to a specific concern here.
>He also has to recognize that he has made an error to go back and fix it.
Even with channel imbalance out of the question distortion is too high in passive mode and given that he took several measurements of JBL 700 in 3 modes where wired active exhibit most channel imbalance eliminates error to the minimum. Also, for some reason you were not ok with my assumptions that XB950N1 would perform poorly based on the performance of the previous model and current state of the Sony's headphone manufacturing but are ok with yours.
>An acoustical feedback method cannot linearize high frequency performance.
Was I even talking about linearising high frequencies? Paper literally mentions DSP as "A prototype is shown that uses DSP with an FIR filter to equalize the headphone in-situ by running a test sweep while wearing it.". DSP tries to fix driver's high distortion but fucks up square wave response pretty badly. Also DSP does affect FR.
>The THD+N measurement is not reflective of any sort of real harmonic distortion performance from any sort of headphone.
Yeah and thats why it's widely used by headphone manufacturers and is included in any sort of detailed headphone measurements.
>The square waves shown should not look very much square given that they are made from the raw response straight from the coupler, before correction functions.
JBL 700 square wave looks far from ideal or normal in active mode. It is easily observable that it's very out of phase that negatively affects imaging.
>>
>>62303891
>dipolar is always gone when butthurt bluetoothfag is here
Really makes you think.
>>
Thinking about upgrading to AKG K712 from a Shure SRH840, will be using a Audioengine D1 with it. Will the D1 be enough?
Also I know there's a lot of controversy on this board about this pair, what should I keep in mind and/or consider?
>>
>>62304126
Might get a magni just to be on the safe side. AKGs stuff can be pretty hard to drive, and the 712 is no exception.
>>
File: graphCompare.php.png (64KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
graphCompare.php.png
64KB, 1000x500px
>>62304126
>what should I keep in mind and/or consider?
Is your name Quavean? If so, you'll like them. If not, you won't.
>>
>>62304121
You're not capable of that.
>>
>>62304156
cry more bitch
>>
>>62304146
Not really willing to spend money on a new amp or anything right now, any alternatives you suggest?
>>
>>62304165
Fidelio X2 maybe, also has the extra melanated bass 4u
>>
>>62304165
TH-X00
>>
>>62304163
You're the one who's bawww'ing here, faggot.
>>
>>62304181
>extra melanated bass 4u
How's the sound stage / separation?
>>
>>62304193
lol k
>>
>>62304183
>TH-X00
As a eurofag those aren't even available here I'm afraid
>>
>>62304217
no, you can message the dude who makes the EM-U Teaks directly over email, he will ship them from taiwan like he does to the US
>>
>>62304227
>EM-U Teaks
Those are the sexiest cans I've seen so far, however $999 is a bit steep for me
>>
>>62304181
NO, K712 can be too boomy at times and have a 'funky' mid range but it's not mudlanin enhanced X2 of no vocals.
>>
>>62304266
they are $450, they have never ever been sold at $999, only $400-$500
>>
>>62304267
>but it's not mudlanin enhanced
>>62304148 shows it's literally a muddier version of Beats.
>>
Any opinions on AKG K72?
>>
just got HyperX Cloud 2s for gaming. is there anyway ti get a side tone? it seems toi be a common complaint. i cant stand not being able to hear myself talk. the headset would be a literally 10/10 if i can find a way
>>
>>62304267
Anon wants melanized, so give him melanized.
>>
>>62304286
Then I was looking on a very shady site indeed. Thanks anon, I'll seriously consider this. Opinions on soundstage/separation? These are closed sets?
>>
>>62304300
Protit, beats, and this is old pair before being owned by Apple as far as I know, were an unholy abominations that didn't even have good bass extension. I remember getting them as the birthday present form a best friend, I wasn't into audio, didn't even listen to music nearly at all, and now my preference are not main stream at all, but even then I couldn't stand them.
>>62304347
X2 is down sloped as roll down fucking badly from a bass hump making everything muffed as fuck, K712 are just melanin enriched while still retaining some midrange and highs, also X2 have WOPTY DOOO skyrocketing distortion in the bass unlike K712 that do have rising distortion in bass, like most of the dynamic drivers, but not as bad. If X2 are nega melanin enchanted K712 are albino raised in the middle class family, weird but listenable and even enjoyable. Otherwise you can meme him and suggest razer kraken pro.
>>
File: 1448478925559.jpg (499KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448478925559.jpg
499KB, 637x900px
TFW Harman curve is nigger bass and Diffuse Field is bright.
>>
>>62304391
Teak probably has the widest soundstage for closed cans besides the sony Z1R and the zmf eikon, both kilobuck+ cans. They are semi-open, they are ported around the opening to the cup. They are a variant on the th-x00 but uses teak wood which lets you hollow them out more without the wood breaking, which gets you larger soundstage and better mids. The Teaks have a stronger magnet than the TH-X00, like the TH900, so they can be ran without a strong amp.

They use the fostex biocellulose drivers which are insane because you can boost them 10-20db in the subbass with a powerful amp and STILL have no distortion or midrange bleeding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgOzsXz_-A

Absurd cans if you like distortion free bass, while also having fidelity. they will walk circles around an akg and others.
>>
What's the most transparent dac i can get for under $300
>>
>>62304557
Perfection = ER-4S, which is close to Harman curve without the bass boost, a.k.a. diffuse curve with a slight treble reduction.
>>
>>62304593
Most DACs at any price are transparent. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html
If your autism demands measurements, the best value in DACs is the HifimeDIY Sabre DAC:
https://hifimediy.com/sabre-dac-uae23
http://alkasar.online.fr/mesures/HifiMeDIY%20SABRE%2024-96%20DAC%20v1.htm
It's transparent. There's absolutely zero reason to spend $300 on a DAC. Hell, there's zero reason to spend $100 on a standalone DAC.
>>
>>62304648
There's also the even cheaper UCA202, which functions well and transparently as a standalone DAC with its RCA outputs connected to an amp: https://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/behringer-uca202-review.html
Its headphone jack is very high output impedance and thus not recommended for use.
>>
>>62304596
I really like how well IEMs isolate but I want nice sound stage too since I'm used to listening to speakers. I guess I'm stuck with EQ since I think everything with good sound stage has more bass than I want. It sucks because it seems like everyone likes warmness but I don't care for it.
>>
>>62304764
sounds like you need to stop being a pussy and buy an HD800
>>
I asked this in the last thread, but nobody answered. Obviously, posting it again will ensure an answer.

I'd like to know some good on-ear or over-the-ear headphones that:

- Are able to push sound out when volume is cranked up loud.
- Are cheap as fuck ($5 to $20 is preferred, $5 to $40 is my range).
- Have a good bass.
- Have two wires, one to each cup.

I'm looking for something cheap but hefty so that I tear down the headphones and use the speakers in a different project.
>>
>>62304831
>Are cheap as fuck
>Have a good bass.
Probably why people are ignore you, those are two conflicting requirements
>>
>>62304858
Good point.
I suppose when I say "good bass" I mean "bass that can be heard". I've dealt with cheap-ass headphones with little to no bass, so any amount is good for me as long as you can say that it's there.
>>
>>62304908
still, the $5-40 range that you want is not one for decent headphones. that's the range for chinkfi iems
>>
File: 1482028719612.jpg (82KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482028719612.jpg
82KB, 900x900px
>>62304783
>$980.54

maybe one day...
>>
>>62304947
$650 used
>>
>>62304028
>you were not ok with my assumptions that XB950N1
When was this? I didn't say anything about Sony.
>Was I even talking about linearising high frequencies?
You just did. This part right here:
>DSP tries to fix driver's high distortion but fucks up square wave response pretty badly.

>thats why it's widely used by headphone manufacturers
Harmonic distortion is.
THD+Noise isn't. Aside from the general problem of lumping in the various orders of nonlinearity together, noise has no meaning for a passive headphone. It's a very quick and simple, if lazy, means of attempting to characterizing a headphone.
>JBL 700 square wave looks far from ideal or normal in active mode. It is easily observable that it's very out of phase that negatively affects imaging.
Aside from various experiments that suggest quite the opposite;
-What is the minimum phase response derived from the magnitude response?
-What frequency are these "errors" associated with?
>>
>>62304957
>When was this? I didn't say anything about Sony.
This moron mistakes you with me, don't worry. Just ignore the stupid fuckard.
>>
File: PS1-as-DAC.png (4MB, 1500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
PS1-as-DAC.png
4MB, 1500x2200px
>scph-5501 playstation
>magni 2 uber
>hd800
get on my level
>>
File: mfw.gif (349KB, 582x582px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
349KB, 582x582px
>>62305022
>CDs
>>
>>62305022
I want an HD800 as a movie and game headphone. I'd probably listen to music on them once a month
>>
>>62305022
>scph-5501 playstation
>Not having 1001
Pleb
>>
>>62304935
Nuts.
Well, then, I'll keep looking around for something.
I wouldn't mind chinkshit as long as it works well, though.
>>
File: 1440961668720.jpg (46KB, 643x478px) Image search: [Google]
1440961668720.jpg
46KB, 643x478px
>>62305022
What's so special about that PS1?
>>
ugh how do I split a flac file? I downloaded an old dr dre album and its songs one after an hour for 1 hour wha the fug
>>
>>62305096
Literally nothing. He think that if he has an older model of PSOne that he's L33T somehow. Stupid inexperienced faggot.
>>
File: 1436387003416.jpg (56KB, 984x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436387003416.jpg
56KB, 984x720px
>>62304956
I've seen how most people treat their stuff. I really can't stand oils on my stuff especially food oils. I washed my hands like 5+ times a day.
>>
>>62305096
It's an audiofool meme. Like shatki stones and cable lifts.
>>
>>62305096
nicely clocked ak4309 dac. 1k, 3k and 5k ps1's have it. 7k the clocking is different. 9k and above use shit dsp's.
>>
>>62305145
I've had a pair that smelled like muhammad. it went away after awhile
>>
>>62305145
Also, it's less of an issue for kilobucks. People treat their highend very well otherwise the resale value plummets
>>
>>62305186
I told you, faggot, if you don't have an actual 1001, you can pretty much fuck off. This is where the REAL deal is at.
>>
File: 1445809740082.jpg (99KB, 908x714px) Image search: [Google]
1445809740082.jpg
99KB, 908x714px
>Haven't worn my DT 880s since I got my Etymotic MK5s

h-h-help, I'm already thinking about getting the ER4 SR
>>
>>62305213
1001 has rca jacks and an opamp that you would likely want to bypass. big deal. 5001 has better laser with auto bias.
>>
Looking for wireless headphones with good base. I listen to a lot of music but mainly progressive and funk house, etc. Anyone can recommand something good. Preferably something that doesnt scream autism when I walk around with it.

Price range: $350
>>
>>62305226
can that small earpieces have better sound quality than headphones? how?
>>
>>62305256
[spoiler]the highs on the mk5 are more enjoyable[/spoiler]
>>
>>62305256
tighter seal means better bass response, less details are lost. it's the same thing with speakers, you want a speaker setup that is appropriate to the room, you don't need giant ass towers and sub in for a small room
>>
>>62305249
Sony WH1000XM2
>>
>>62305281
>WH1000XM2
wireless cuck
>>
File: 1484247254566.gif (2MB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484247254566.gif
2MB, 295x270px
>>62305281
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>62304695
I have the UCA202 but i'm looking for a dac that works with 24bit music and have usb and optical inputs
Some more questions:
Is there any need for 32bit and dsd now or in the near future?
Is there any difference in sound quality if the dac is usb powered, asynchronous or self powered?
>>
>>62305249
See here >>62302370, but if no option from that list will be of any like for you, then really wait until Sony's 1000XM2 starts selling.
>>
>>62305297
You should honestly convert your >16 bit, >44.1 kHz audio to 16 bit, 44.1 properly to save hard drive space: https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
>16 bit and >44.1 are inaudible memes.
>>
>>62305166
the meme is real. nice, cheap addition to a dac portfolio.
>>
>>62305297
>sound quality
you don't lose sound quality, you reduce noise
>>
>>62305343
So it doesn't matter unless i play music really loud?
>>
>>62305410
No, only below 16 bit does it matter because at that point you're chopping too many bits and you start to hear a static noise. lower bit depth = higher noise floor. There's no loss of detail per se, just an increase of static

24 bit is nice for digital volume control, but even at 16 bit it doesn't matter
>>
>>62305076
Get a pair of rock zircons from china. They are around 5-6 USD and have bass to them.
>>
File: TypicalBeyersremorseOwner.jpg (277KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
TypicalBeyersremorseOwner.jpg
277KB, 1280x853px
>the HD600 were first introduced in 1994 as the HD580
>it is 23 years later
>they are still the best full-sized headphones in the world
Why?
>>
File: fr.png (3KB, 512x319px) Image search: [Google]
fr.png
3KB, 512x319px
>>62304648
that poorfag DAC can't even channel match
>>
File: difference.png (105KB, 479x356px) Image search: [Google]
difference.png
105KB, 479x356px
>>62305606
A .2 dB difference at 20 Hz is very far from audible.
>>
Comfortable IEMs under 40USD? Hopefully something with detachable cable since that's what always fucks up.
I don't need anything too fancy, but not worse than one plus bullets. I would prefer chinkshit, since better bang for buck.
>>
>>62305706
HJE120 are the most comfy by far.
>Hopefully something with detachable cable since that's what always fucks up.
You can buy four for $40, but that's unnecessary. Mod them with JB Weld and the solders will never detach: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/6-panasonic-rp-hje120-surprisingly-usable.594945/page-3#post-13576623
>>
File: tma2-472.jpg (23KB, 472x312px) Image search: [Google]
tma2-472.jpg
23KB, 472x312px
>>62301381
Anyone tried aiaiai headphones wanted some for years but they are expensive
>>
>>62305449
I know an amp will improve the bass response but will it also improve the highs of the HD600?
>>
>>62305467
Those appear to be in-ear; I was looking for on-ear or over-the-ear headphones.
>>
K7xx are $200 on massdrop, should I?
>>
>>62305746
>>62305706
Fuck, forgot to write that I want flat cable.
>>
>>62306217
I want to buy them but they would rarely ever get headtime lol.
>>
>>62306217
Only if your name is Da'jonte. See: >>62304148
K7XX have even more bass than K712.
>>
so i just got a schiit stack and it doesnt sound any different from the smsl combo unit i had. and the the pot isnt centered. i feel like returning it now
>>
>>62306499
did i fall for a meme?
>>
>>62306499
>>62306511
I wouldn't say you fell for a meme so much as you made a very small upgrade that most people here would hopefully tell you is inaudible
>>
>>62306499
Which headphone are you driving? Test it for awhile just make sure you're matching the volume well.
>>
File: 41O67E4WHNL._SY355_.jpg (12KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
41O67E4WHNL._SY355_.jpg
12KB, 355x355px
>>62306729
>>62306623
im using hd600s and i just can't hear a difference. i like how the stack looks though much better imo than the smsl unit i had pic related. my only gripe is that volume pot is off center.
>>
>>62304121
>>62303891
dawg it ain't me. but I appreciate the love <3
>>
File: IMG_20170907_164224.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170907_164224.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>62306815
>>
>>62306891
>blue
if there's one thing that zeos has right, it's that blue leds suck donkey balls.
>>
>>62306891
return that shit, it is horrendous. fucking schiit as usual
>>
>>62306906
theyre actually white. if they were blue i'd ship them back
>>
>>62306906
Schiit uses white LEDs though. I personally dim them because they are really bright.
>>
>>62306943
you can dim them? i taped over them

i have a vali and a modi 2. i thought the vali was supposed to stop working after 10k hours because its a tube amp but its been going strong forever

does it not?
>>
>>62306815
>>62306891
The Modi is probably not going to make your music sound any better than the DAC in your old combo unit unless the latter was deficient in some way. The Magni is going to make your HD 600 a lot louder, but if the combo was satisfactory in that respect, an amp upgrade doesn't usually bring much to the table. It's not a bad setup at all but it's probably more money than you need to spend unless you need the inputs/output.
>>
>>62306986
>you can dim them?
Yea, I use the silver colored Lightdims that I put on the inside of my Modi 2 Uber. Taping stuff on the outside of the unit ruins the looks of it.

>does it not?
I don't know, I use a Yamaha (solid state) integrated amplifier.
>>
>>62307084
o

i was thinking about getting a mayflower o2 or something

anyone know what would be a decent upgrade to run hd600s or will it not even matter
>>
any way i can get a side tone for my headphones. cant hear myself when using a mic
>>
>>62305192
People get used to smells really fast, it probably transferred onto you by now.
>>
>>62307109
Emotiva basx a-100 will run them nicely, just remember to install the included jumpers
>>
File: 1498116840905.png (686KB, 860x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498116840905.png
686KB, 860x600px
>>62301381
Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, Anon?
>>
>>62305706
>>62306294
Anybody?
>>
>>62307109
ifi ican special edition
>>
>>62307272
same setup as yours >>62306891
>>
>>62307109
Look into tube amps or a balanced setup if you really want something new to play with, but once you've got your headphones playing loud enough you're like 95% of the way done.
>>
>>62302795
bump
>>
>>62307084
thanks for the tip senpai.
>>
is the mangi 2 supposed to get warm to the touch?
>>
>>62307938
Yes, it does get warm.
>>
>Budget
No more than $150
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop, phone
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Sound signature
As most accurate as possible. The last frequency range I'd want to miss out on is the bass, but I DO NOT want exaggerated base either. A neutral / flat frequency response is desired.

Please and thank you.
>>
>>62308072
Also, it's important that sound does not leak out, and that they are fairly well isolated.
>>
I really want these.
https://www.mrspeakers.com/shop/headphones/on-closed-back-headphone.html
Was going to buy a couple mid-fi headphones but now I'm thinking maybe I'll just buy those and cry about my wallet another day
>>
>>62308072
status cb-1
>>
>>62305274
so basically you're just enjoying relief from beyer ear rape. many people actually find etys bright, all but the xr are a tad bass-light and upper-midsy, though still very close to neutral.
>>
>>62308072
NVX XPT100
>>
File: 1475716198270.png (2MB, 1900x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1475716198270.png
2MB, 1900x2000px
i need an amp for the hd6xx but it must have a fixed line-out so i can also feed signal to my speaker amp
>>
>>62308463
dac x6
>>
File: magni2u-heatsink-mod.png (1MB, 1035x642px) Image search: [Google]
magni2u-heatsink-mod.png
1MB, 1035x642px
>>62307938
chill out
>>
>>62308484
thanks, but it doesn't ship to my country
>>
>>62308631
What country?
>>
>>62301381
I'm feeling a very brief unusual feeling (almost painful) on my right ear when I'm listening to some music on my new TH-X00. I've never felt this on my other headphone. I don't know how else to explain it, maybe a ticklish/painful feeling that makes me want to turn down the volume immediately?

what's up with that
>>
>>62308755
Chile
i was also considering the JDS Labs el amp, it's a bit pricier but it has dat knob
>>
File: 1490994229268.png (14KB, 245x210px) Image search: [Google]
1490994229268.png
14KB, 245x210px
i was looking for reviews in youtube and found this guy "zeos" that seem very popular, is he a good source of information?
>>
>>62308463
fulla2 or magni2 uber
>>
File: 4534534534.png (550KB, 1441x683px) Image search: [Google]
4534534534.png
550KB, 1441x683px
I just compared three versions of A Cruel Angel's Thesis.
The original CD from 1995.
The NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 10TH ANNIVERSARY CD from 2005.
The Hi-Res Remaster from 2013.
RIP dynamic range.
>>
>>62309136
Original 1995 version for those interested:
https://my.mixtape.moe/mvjlds.flac
>>
>>62309019
I see and those chinamen on AliExpress don't ship to your country?
>>
>>62309122
>magni2 uber
not quite friend.
>>
>>62309114
no, he never actually says anything decisive about the sound. Practically every headphone is the best ever to him, which obviously he has to do if he's trying to get a sucker to buy the headphone.

very good reviews for the build quality at least.
>>
review for the m565 is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFojqG1Yjq8
>>
>>62309273
You don't want to control volume from the magni?

Then go fulla 2.
>>
>>62309413
The FR looks good, very Audeze-ish. This is what the EL-8 should've been desu.
>>
>>62309470
it looks like an aborted fetus
>>
>>62309526
so like what you should've been?
>>
>>62309531
that was pretty quick anon, well done
>>
>>62309538
i try my best
>>
Where in the frequency range can you find higher pitched female vocals and synths(from electronic music)?
Should I look for a headphone that emphasizes those things in it's FR measurement or is there something else I should be concerned with?
>>
>>62309558
mid range. HD600.
>Should I look for a headphone that emphasizes those things
No. It shouldn't be recessed (eg: by raised bass and/or treble) nor emphatized.
>is there something else I should be concerned with?
How flat the midrange is. If it's spikey, it's going to be shit.
>what to do
HD600, HD579, HD598se/sr, HD558, SHP9500.
>>
>>62309558
You want as flat as possible. Female vocals span around 250-5000hz. 250-500 for the fundamental, 1000-3000 for presence, 3000-5000 for bite. I tend to prefer a bit of roll-off after 1000hz, makes them easier to listen to.
>>
>>62309299

Partially right, but in a way, his style is a breath of fresh air as he unabashedly has his own take on what good sound is for headphones and amps. It can be simplistic, but some people find that more appealing than staring at frequency response diagrams nonstop. Turning subjectivity into objectivity.
>>
>>62309586
I'm asking because I returned my hd600s, that was not the sound I was looking for at all. They didn't sound better than my old headphones(with eq) so I'm thinking maybe something bright.
I'm looking at tyll's measurements now and the msr7, viso hp50, and ultrasone hfi-780 all look like they might sound nice.
>>
>>62309413
link to FR graph
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4whtHV8IPvsRUFRZTg3b3c2Z1k/view
>>
>>62309633
>They didn't sound better than my old headphones(with eq) so I'm thinking maybe something bright.
What was wrong about them?
Also, I sure hope you used them exclusively for a few days and without EQ before making the decision.
>>
File: m565.jpg (44KB, 800x393px) Image search: [Google]
m565.jpg
44KB, 800x393px
>>62309655
>>
>>62309671
Niggerbass (above mids), mids aren't flat, mountain @ treble.
Meh.
>>
File: LCD2EQ.png (47KB, 1352x648px) Image search: [Google]
LCD2EQ.png
47KB, 1352x648px
>>62309633
Bad idea returning those. Should've used EQ to determine what sort of sound sig you liked before returning them. At this point, you can only guess. >>62309671
>mfw no face when this is my LCD-2 EQ setting
>>
>>62309695
m565 will only be $200 due 9/25
>>
>>62309738
If it doesn't have retarded distortion or ortho wall issues I'll probably get a pair. Seems like a decent choice for beater cans.
>>
File: 1493596825470.jpg (88KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493596825470.jpg
88KB, 540x530px
>>62309684
poor bait mate
>>
>>62309750
You're saying the evaluation of the FR is wrong?
How so?
>>
File: ricky lopez.jpg (22KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
ricky lopez.jpg
22KB, 520x390px
>niggerbass
>perfectly flat to 1khz
>>
File: 1493624008657.jpg (209KB, 756x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1493624008657.jpg
209KB, 756x1100px
>>62309760
keep trying
>>
File: beatz.png (67KB, 1044x758px) Image search: [Google]
beatz.png
67KB, 1044x758px
I'll show you African American bass
>>
Thinking of getting the Monoprice Desktop Amp for my HD 6XXs when (if?) they arrive. Definitely cheap, but it seems like it can drive the 6XXs and has a decent DAC; the audio jack on my XPS 15 is noisy as hell. Thoughts?
>>
>>62309794 >>62309750 >>62309684
Nevermind, just noticed the scale.
It's bassy (doesn't roll off the bass) and I don't like the mountain-style treble, but it isn't niggerbass (bass isn't above midrange).
It's probably listenable and it might even sound good.
>>
File: 1426202864008.gif (3MB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
1426202864008.gif
3MB, 354x200px
How do I know "breaking headphones in" isn't a meme and isn't just your ears adapting to the sound over time?

My HD600 murdered my ears back when I got it but it sounded great after a long while. I just got DT990 Edition and they sound like absolute ass even though it's supposedly good.
>>
>>62309837
It is ear adaptation. Congrats on finding the secret.
>>
>>62309837
Break-in is real don't let earlets try to bring you down to their level.
>>
>>62309837
"Breaking in" headphones is a myth.
It's your ears/brain, and that is very real.
>murdered my ears
Lower your volume, bro.
>>
>>62309891
I can accept that it's a myth, like I suspected so. But the HD600's mids or treble were fatiguing which seemed like a common opinion, they are great now. The DT990 right now has this retarded sparkle when I first picked it up and everything overall sounded like garbage.
>>
File: 1504202069565.png (976KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1504202069565.png
976KB, 1280x715px
>>62309911
So, seen Love Live on your new HD600 yet? :^)
>>
File: csg.png (248KB, 1250x538px) Image search: [Google]
csg.png
248KB, 1250x538px
>>
>>62309936
Long enough so you can't return the product :^)
>>
>>62306499
>>62306891
What the fuck, that looks terrible. Good luck dealing with Schiit's horrible customer service. Literally shit-tier.
>>
>>62309936
That's for psychological break-in.
Prevents a lot of early returns.
>>
>>62309963
it's about a week
>>
>>62306891
Where did you order it?
The leds are supposed to be white.
>>
>>62309965
At least he (presumably) didn't get a scratchy volume pot like my fulla 2. Glad I was able to sell it and replace it with the Element. Schiit didn't even respond to my emails.
>>
>>62309820
should do the job nicely
>>
>>62309970
>a week
If you use them all day long.
>>
File: 1479172114657.jpg (3MB, 3448x2336px) Image search: [Google]
1479172114657.jpg
3MB, 3448x2336px
>>62309989
how does the knob feel on the element
>>
>>62309989
>Schiit didn't even respond to my emails.
I will never buy a schiit product.
>>
>>62309989
>the element
Are you the maki-maki element owner?
>>
File: 1492830773836.jpg (95KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492830773836.jpg
95KB, 724x720px
>>62310006
>he doesn't listen to music 24/7
>>
>>62310032
Listening to music 24/7 is sick. If you do that, seek help.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeee.jpg (102KB, 639x634px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeee.jpg
102KB, 639x634px
>>62310049
>>
>>62309989
They responded to my email about a driver issue in like 20 minutes and it was at night.
>>
>>62309986
They are white.
>>
File: WIN_20170907_23_25_31_Pro.webm (518KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170907_23_25_31_Pro.webm
518KB, 889x500px
>>62310011
pure sex
>>62310018
yep
>>
File: 1501283134456.png (48KB, 630x489px) Image search: [Google]
1501283134456.png
48KB, 630x489px
>>62309837
>even though it's supposedly good.
lol no it's not it sounds like absolute ass because it's fucking shit
>>
File: mpv-shot0434.jpg (148KB, 1918x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0434.jpg
148KB, 1918x1080px
Need a 2nd pair of headphones for my recording environment, current phones being used are the mdr-7506, looking on the cheaper side since
>>
>>62310139
>looking on the cheaper side since
But mdr-7506 are wage slave tier in the first place.
>>
>>62310133
fuck, you're making me want to sell my ifi just for the damn knob
>>
File: nervous azathoth.png (71KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
nervous azathoth.png
71KB, 250x250px
>>62310133
Oh, my!
>>
>>62309837
I personally designed a sound with ring modulation and frequency sweeps that flexes the diaphragms in order to break them in faster. Everyone who has used it said that it works, and it opens up the mid tones and flattens out the rest of the sound coming from their earphones. If you want me to, I can post a link to it on soundcloud. Just play it on repeat overnight and see what your phones sound like tomorrow.

I don't know if it would work on balanced armature drivers.
>>
>>62309989
>Schiit didn't even respond to my emails.

Completely normal

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support
>>
>>62310133
is that engraved or is it a sticker?
also, the rca outs on that are fixed level, right?
>>
>>62310217
I would buy the shit out of it if it worked as a preamp
>>
>>62310083
Might be because you had something fixable on their end. The volume pot issue is relatively benign and quite common so I imagine they don't prioritize it. Oh well.

>>62310217
Engraved. RCA is fixed unfortunately.
>>
File: satanialaugh.webm (3MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
satanialaugh.webm
3MB, 1440x810px
>>62310173
>>
Is buying a SHP9500s to complement my Clouds/Takstar 80 for listening to acoustic music a good idea or im just wasting $80?
>>
>>62310278
They're a huge upgrade from what you have.
>>
>>62310278
AD700X would be a better upgrade for that. I see SHP9500S pop up on sale somewhat frequently on Newegg for $50
>>
>>62310314
>AD700X
Those are shit though.
>>
>>62310255
i was actually hoping for fixed rca as my speaker amp has a volume knob
>>
>>62309891
>>62309848
>>62309936
>>62309963
>>62309970
>>62310006
>>62310032

alright listen up fags. You aren't supposed to be listening to your headphones while you burn them in. Most headphones aren't tested before they're packaged and shipped, so the drivers are fresh out of the machine work and still tight. They loosen up over time, and sound completely different. People call this stuff "degradation" when actually the designers based their earphones on the already stretched out drivers. If you don't believe me, take some phones that you've been using for more than a year and buy a brand new pair of them. Compare them yourself. Most of you retards probably won't even read this far but most people leave audio like sinewave sweeps or filtered noise on all night to burn/break/stretch their earphones. It makes them sound will end up sounding after a few weeks of regular use.

>>62310272
https://soundcloud.com/fzlue/sets/headphone-stretcher-burn-in

try it out cunt.
>>
>>62310338
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>62310338
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE¡
>>
>>62310338
Headphones FR can vary from pair to pair and even between drivers in a pair. The test you suggest is far from conclusive.
>>
>>62310338
you need to go back
>>
>>62301381
>KOSS Pro-chan holding lp of Renaissance's Prologue
Based, this artist has god tastes
>>
>>62310338
your ears shape have more of an effect on sound that "burn in"
>>
File: 1495341382522.jpg (35KB, 480x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495341382522.jpg
35KB, 480x464px
FEED ME MORE (you)'S
>>
>>62310134
Okay so I'm not the only one not a fan of the bump at the end
>>
>>62310286
Glad to hear that, these clouds are my only """decent""" headphones.

>>62310314
Im not from the us, the ad700x is not available locally here
>>
>>62310416
Eh, at least your bait is more entertaining than the retarded bluetooth anon and dipolar.
>>
>>62310255
did jds labs engrave that for you? I looked on the element thread on headfi and apparently jds does modifications (?). Maybe I'll ask them if they can make it a variable preout for me so I can pair it with an emotiva a-100
>>
>>62310338
Even if this is 100% bullshit snakeoil, there's actually nothing wrong with just letting something play overnight anyway right? I mean this is /g/, we don't turn off our computers and small amps don't suck energy. Might as well let some shit play while you sleep.
>>
>>62310463
No harm and if something is gonna fuck up you will find out sooner
>>
>>62310443
not him, but jds labs offers to engrave most of their products on checkout and some small customization but for something like changing fixed to variable outs may be to much, still you lose nothing by sending them a mail
>>
>>62310463
as said, everyone who has used it told me it worked. I myself use it on all my new earphones, but I made it so that doesn't count for anything.

There's a lot of these things on itunes that actually cost money to download, I put mine out there for free. If you test it out leave me a comment saying if it works or if it doesn't work, either one would be helping.
>>
>>62310485
>>62310463
there's no reason burning-in should favor making sound better. if burn in worked then it could also make your headphones sound worse. running it "because why not?" is pascals gambit which is a known fallacious argument
>>
>>62310485
It can't possibly fuck up if you just play music at a full, undamaging volume though, it's what it's built to do. If I do the burn in meme I wouldn't use stress tones.
>>
>>62310508
>there's no reason why wearing a pair of shoes for a week should make them fit different from when you bought them
>>
File: laughingyui.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
laughingyui.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>62310338
>>
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/measurement-and-audibility-headphone-break
There is no measurable evidence of audible changes in headphone response as a result of dynamic driver "break-in." Any and all changes commonly attributed to "break-in" are likely the result of brain acclimatization, physical changes to earpads and confirmation bias.
>>
>>62310529
no, the argument is not if it makes any difference. the argument is that if it does indeed change the characteristics then there should be an equal chance to make it sound worse as there is to sound better. there's no reason it should favor sounding better over sounding worse
>>
>>62310320
SHP9500 isn't great either but would be a better cantidate for acoustic music.
>>
File: ahnld.jpg (60KB, 634x495px) Image search: [Google]
ahnld.jpg
60KB, 634x495px
>tfw end game
>>
>>62310548
That encode looks really good, what release?
>>
>>62310529
shoes and headphones are not the same thing.
>>
File: yuyushiki.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yuyushiki.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>62310662
Bananaboat/Moozzi2, downscaled to 720p for the .webm because anibin says lineart is 720p. The release looks better in 1080p with optimal MadVR/mpv settings than the Commie/Uncommied releases, IMO. FLAC audio bloats the release for archival but I always convert FLAC audio to Opus for personal archival.
Bananaboat is just a release by some anon in /yys/ who put the Uncommied subs on the Moozzi2 release.
>>
>>62310634
Dat HD600 feel.
>>
File: stocking smug.png (419KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
stocking smug.png
419KB, 853x480px
>>62310766
>HD600
>Endgame
I pity people like you.
>>
File: ENDGAME.jpg (62KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ENDGAME.jpg
62KB, 682x1024px
>>62310634
>tfw finally end game
>>
File: 1462553823098.jpg (80KB, 597x589px) Image search: [Google]
1462553823098.jpg
80KB, 597x589px
How do I deal with waiting months for HD6xx?
>>
File: 4534535.jpg (1MB, 1653x1652px) Image search: [Google]
4534535.jpg
1MB, 1653x1652px
>>62310903
By listening to japanese idols:
https://my.mixtape.moe/qbhwie.ogg
>>
>>62310903
Buy a pair of HD600s instead and enjoy a superior, less melanin-enriched listening experience.
>>
File: 34234234.jpg (1MB, 1422x1422px) Image search: [Google]
34234234.jpg
1MB, 1422x1422px
https://my.mixtape.moe/eqyumc.ogg
>>
For those who play rainbow six siege and battlegrounds, what headphones do you guys use?
>>
>>62308072
See here >>62302772 and here >>62302370 (position #2). For your budget there's pretty much no other options.
>>
>>62311001
>>62310929
I think I finally get it now
>>
>>62311058
For straight up gaming and don't need a lot of bass, AD-900X or AD-700X. If ultra poorfag, Samson SR850.
>>
File: 1485022496532.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485022496532.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>62309819
Holy schiit.
>>
File: 1476043875390.jpg (9KB, 180x211px) Image search: [Google]
1476043875390.jpg
9KB, 180x211px
>>62310133
No fucking optical REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Kave.jpg (125KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
Kave.jpg
125KB, 1200x797px
>>62311058
Unironically, Roccat Kave XTD 5.1, VERY good for goyming.
>>
File: 54533.jpg (1MB, 1420x1420px) Image search: [Google]
54533.jpg
1MB, 1420x1420px
>>62311144
Once you enter the Idol hell, you can't get out of it:
https://my.mixtape.moe/aicllx.ogg
>>
>>62310903
>>62310931
HD600 user here, any debates regarding 600 vs 650? I love the way 600 sound, but I want just a bit more bass without going ghetto.
>>
>>62311203
Okay, Zeos.
>>
>>62311284
650 is warmer. I prefer the 650 over the 600, but you may be able to just do a bit of EQ.
>>
>>62311290
No, seriously.
This set has five drivers and produces actual 3D sound which allows to hear many things not just before you and left or right from you, but also coming behind and you can audibly measure the distance from you to object or person when you hear someone approaching to you in games, as well as directly pinpoint from which direction they're coming. This works surprisingly well in competitive FPS, allowing to react much quicker and better when you don't see the enemy right in front of you. This shit actually seriously works. And works especially well if/when you're also adding AMD's TrueAudio technology to it, even though by itself alone it works just fine too. I've been using this headset for more than 3 years straight now, any quality of my gameplay in competitive FPS rose quite a lot in comparison to when I was using simpler 2.1 stereo headphones. Before I've started using Kave XTD I was getting roughly 8~10 frags per round and was killed many times (the kill/death ratio was 30/70%), nowadays I'm getting more than 25 frags on average and almost never get killed anymore (the kill/death ratio changed drastically and sits on 80/20%). And I'm not a professional "twitch"-style FPS player, if anything. Just an average goymer.
>>
File: 1502066930777.png (363KB, 831x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502066930777.png
363KB, 831x720px
>>62311383
>>
File: Torvalds.jpg (29KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
Torvalds.jpg
29KB, 640x424px
>>62311414
>>
>>62309837
It's a meme
>>
>>62310634
Kinda depressing already having the best of the best. It's also really nice too.
>>
Okay so with my speakers the sound stage gives the illusion that the sound is coming from the screen. So if someone is at the center and talking it sounds like it's coming from the center. If on the left side it sounds like the it came from that location on the left side. Headphones don't have this for me. Maybe I need to get more used to them?

Here's a video showing what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYuYH0DrPIg
>>
>>62311874
you need crossfeed and/or baur bs2b or hrtf
>>
Should I buy a sound card if I'm not going to buy a desktop dac or is it a waste of money?
>>
>>62311284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaR34WTjYt4
It's a hard one, because they're both so close, but the HD600 is both more accurate and preferred by most people.
>>
>>62312588
Get a desktop amp+dac anyway
>>
>>62311383
>falling for 3d headphone meme
>5 tiny drivers
>distorting together
>in the same earcup
>>
>>62311874
Are you using closed headphones? Some shitty gamer set, on top of that?
Ever heard of headphone virtualization? (windows 10 bundles support)
>>
>>62313289
It's actually not a meme. At least these particular ones aren't.
>>
>>62313331
>3d headphones
>not a meme
kek
>these particular ones aren't
post purchase rationalitation.

How many ears do you have, again?
>>
>>62313289
>5 tiny drivers
You again? I thought that you've learned your lesson on why "bigger driver =/= better sound" and stopped being an uneducated idiot in the previous thread.
>>
>>62313350
These aren't IEMs.
It's you that doesn't understand. These drivers really are tinny and veiled.
>>
>>62313370
It doesn't matter if it's a IEM, a monitor, or a dynamic. Driver and membrane problems are all the same with every type. Again read/see >>62295264
>>
>>62313427
That is a problem with speakers, bro.

Not headphones.
>>
>>62313691
>He's this ignorantly delusional of the harsh reality
>>
>>62313743
>harsh reality
That doesn't show in measurements.
>>
>>62313427
The number of nodes is not a reflection of "badness".
But they are to be avoided in general.
>>
Which closed headphones have the best soundstage and/or seperation for max $300?
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.