[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secure & Encrypted Messengers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: signal-private-messenger.png (37KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
signal-private-messenger.png
37KB, 245x245px
So /g/, what happened to the discussion on Tox? A year or so ago there was alot of development and discussion going here. Either way, I'm using Signal and Wire. Anything else you'd recommend?
>>
these things are literally never gonna have a userbase
the general public cares about convenience and features over privacy
everyone's already using whatsapp, fbm, etc and literally don't care to switch and will never care
the closest you're gonna get to something remotely useful is telegram or if you trust whatsapp, whatsapp
>>
File: faof4vauxgnwwot7nxeb.png (103KB, 934x934px) Image search: [Google]
faof4vauxgnwwot7nxeb.png
103KB, 934x934px
My friend works at pic related, they make an app called SudoApp. I've never actually used it so I can't vouch for it but he was telling me about it the other day

>A zero-knowledge, E2E encrypted communications and utility app for managing secure calls, texts and emails. Reveal as much or as little personal and private information as you want – while having the flexibility to call, text and email anyone, anywhere, even if they don’t have SudoApp. No more walled gardens, in-network limits or use-in-exchange-for-spam. One secure utility: 100% private and under your control.
>>
>>62297258
I looked into it. Wire seems better.
>>
>>62297203

What do you want to use the app for?
>>
>>62297332
I'm paranoid enough that the chilling effect is quite severe for me. I just want something in which I can text someone with the knowledge that not even the metadata is being disseminated to third parties. I want to speak openly dammit
>>
>>62297203
Unless you're using it on an open source OS with no botnet, you're fucked anyways.
>>
>>62297346
Well then it depends who you're messaging. If its just text why not TorChat?
>>
>>62297368
True, true. Sad that on mobile there isn't alot of options regarding that.
>>
>>62297221
>userbase

Literally doesn't matter, it serves its purpose
>>
>>62297481
To be honest I'd prefer that these messaging platforms to stay with a small userbase. God knows what happens if they get big and you suddenly have advertisers and state level actors targeting/blocking them.
>>
>>62297221
>telegram

I'm fairly certain that it's certified botnet
Their encryption method is closed source (right?) So basically it's probably backdoored
>>
>>62297499
There were times where the encryption was shown to be faulty, yes. I stopped using it ever since, even though they claim to have fixed it.
>>
>>62297499
Only secret convos are E2E encrypted. It's closed source. The crypto is flawed. It's US-baased.
>>
>>62297203
Wire's gonna let you use your own servers in 2018. That should eliminate meta data concerns. Keep an eye open for it.
>>
>>62297537
Well that's great. I use it as my primary client.(fucking Signal bows down to Google if you want a desktop client) They got off on a shaky start but they seem to be improving their stuff.
>>
>>62297551
Agreed. Since their white papers were published, they've done a great job addressing and/or mitigating their weak points.
>>
>>62297203
Matrix is really nice. Has the most features, can host your own server and can be bridged with any other IM service.
>>
>>62297598
Thanks for the advice Anon, I'll go check it out.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.