[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>encryption is too hard on linux Literally easier than Windows.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 8mWDH.png (36KB, 699x607px) Image search: [Google]
8mWDH.png
36KB, 699x607px
>encryption is too hard on linux

Literally easier than Windows. Why do people still rely on encrypting files through a closed source operating system?
>>
One of the biggest things that bothers me on Windows is that you cant always update your computer if you use full disk encryption like with Veracrypt.
>>
>encrypting ever
fuck off pedo
>>
>>62296998
>IYHNTHYHNTF mentality
Wew lad, look at all these characters, you might not understand them, but it's alright, you will, when you grow up.

Underage B&
>>
>>62296998
hello NSA, nice intimidation tactic

some of us actually run respectable businesses where encryption is a must
>>
>>62296998
I don't encrypt because I'm a pedo. I encrypt to make stealing it worthless.
>>
>>62296984
why wouldnt you be able to update your computer?

>>62296968
luks doesnt provide plausible deniability.
its useless.

the instant fbi sees your encrpyted system, they're going to ask you to decrypt. if you dont, you'll remain incarcerated indefinitely.
>>
>>62297010
>why wouldnt you be able to update your computer?
No idea. But its a common problem with major updates.
>>
>>62297010
>the instant fbi sees your encrpyted system, they're going to ask you to decrypt. if you dont, you'll remain incarcerated indefinitely.
Fake news. The only time that happens is when someone takes an affidavit saying they saw illegal shit on your computer. They have to be specific about what they say they saw, and if caught in a lie, they are guilty of perjury. Even if you have illegal stuff on your computer, if you don't have exactly what they say they saw, they will be found guilty of perjury.

Only under those circumstances is the encryption seen as a forgone conclusion, and if you don't unencrypt, you are detained indefinitely.
>>
There's no need to encrypt your entire OS unless you are a filthy pedo. Just encrypt your sensitive files in containers so if someone steals your device they can't access your files. Even with full OS encryption if someone steals your device they can still just reformat and use it so encryption doesn't protect from hardware theft.
>>
>>62297064
I'd rather someone who stole my computer realizing that its a paperweight.
>>
>>62296968
> Passphrase
You fucked up already.
>>
>>62297010
> luks doesnt provide plausible deniability.
It does, ArchWiki have some more info on that.
But yeah, you'll need something to store your headers. Or you may use https://github.com/kriswebdev/cryptsetup-deluks.
>>
>>62296984
This is because of boot protection (UEFI). They want you to use Bitlocker, which only does system encryption on the Pro version of Windows 10. It's default setting doesn't even have a password.
>>
>>62297064
>pedo
>pedo
>pedo

guess the NSA is in force today
>>
>>62296998
All my content is legal as it is arguably artistic. Still wouldn't want anyone to know about it. :^)

[spoiler]My hard drive, my eyes only. A computer is an extension of the mind, which nobody can read. [/spoiler]
>>
>>62296998
So I take it the online banks, etc. are also paedophiles, huh?

Get a real argument, you mentally-handicapped retard.
>>
>>62297064
Nope you need full disk encryption. Cached files can end up outside of the usual userspace.
>>
>>62297126
All I do is use dd to copy the first megabyte (the identifiable LUKS header) and transfer it to a file, which I then encrypt with pgp. I then copy over random data (urandom) to the first megabyte of the encrypted partition. When I need to use I just copy back the file I made with dd again.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.