[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is W7 as good as it's ever going to get for Microsoft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 140812REDMackieWin7.jpg (40KB, 647x450px) Image search: [Google]
140812REDMackieWin7.jpg
40KB, 647x450px
Is W7 as good as it's ever going to get for Microsoft?
>>
>>62295534
I'm working on it, installing it clean.
Got the legitimate iso and now after a lot of research I've found the easy way for updates:

https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/simplix-pack-to-update-live-win7-system-integrate-hotfixes-into-win7-distribution.45005/

Install this and then block updates, forget about it and let people test the new ones until you install to avoid telemetry.

You still have to block known addressees to router level to be just sure, disable telemetry tasks and services.

But I guess it's WAYYY better than windows 10 - on 10 when you disable everything it allows you to disable via group policies, settings and so on it still sends awful lot of data but what's worse is that windows breaks pretty much entirely.

On w7 you block stuff that you're not supposed to and now allowed to directly without hacking it and everything works + you can have it.

Something even better to do to be 100% sure is to install clean iso and never ever update but do the task / service / ip block cleaning anyway.

But if you want to use windows without internet you could just install windows 10 with every feature on I guess - would still work, for going online clearly w7 and most safely without any updates after clean install.
>>
8.1 > XP > 7 > the rest > 10
>>
>>62295585
botnet alpha > ancient > decent > the rest > botnet beta ???

Why anon why would you recommend such shit.
>>
>>62295598
they're all botnet
>>
>>62295606
Yes, true.
>>
>>62295573
what the fuck are you doing that needs to be kept so secure mate?

fucking that noise install ubuntu with encrypted lvm and you're secured away from microshafts gaze if you're that concerned.

if you're an actual fucking developer i dont know how you can be bothered with the amount of configuration, time and effort it takes to have peace of mind your windows system is completely private.

just install gentoo

i mean ubuntu
>>
>>62295613
I use Linux on my desktop and for learning / working all the time.

But I'm trying to give what I've learned myself out to other people, that's all.

For example I wanted to play around with C#, do some game hacking for windows games and so on and W7 was the way to go for me after inspecting in all possible way both w7 and w10 with multiple configurations / cleanings.

But the healthiest thing to do is just install Linux - start working and don't even think about windows.
>>
>>62295625
configuration time takes away from developing time thats all im saying.

your highest priority should be improving as a developer in order to increase your value, this means writing code in any spare moment you have not wasting your (hopefully) limited time on fucking configuration.

hell even when i installed win7 a few months ago i needed sp1 because of my work software requirements. i set updates to install important only and dont see why i should give a fuck to do anything else with it.

im not hacking into shit im developing software so why do i need to care if im being watched on winblows.

if you ARE hacking into shit or viewing... particular content THEN i see why, but then again a vpn should be satisfactory enough. ive never heard of people getting caught for shit through wincuck's mass data collection
>>
>>62295534
>Is W7 as good as it's ever going to get for Microsoft?
>for Microsoft?
Not for them, but it's the best os for u atm.
>>
I fucking hated my Windows 10 VM.
Couldnt stand that little Bitch.
Worse than a teenager never does what you want until you use regretable force.
(I dont want to put Time in such a shit)

Some day i ragequitted my Win10 VM and deleted it and made a new Win7 VM.

Fucking disgusting how a lot of people are forced to use this shit eg. at work.

I hope Win7 will be the LAST Windows.
>>
>>62295859
cont.

>Fucking disgusting how a lot of people are forced to use this shit eg. at work.
( i mean Win10 there)

Its worse than fucking Windows Vista.
So SHIT the people even dont want it for FREE.

So shit if it woul be litterally scrap then i could put it right in front of the house im living in, and the gipsys and mexiniggers would not pick it up.
They wouldnt even cut of the cable !

To programm Win10 must feel like programming those fucking preinstalled Apps on Android.
>>
>>62295534
Let me interject for moment. The Linux versus Windows 7 argument in 2017 is basically like arguing over boxer shorts versus briefs: it totally depends on your use case and what you are doing. I have 5 machines all for a different purpose and use nix win7 and iOS

Let me just say though MacOS is a but plug and I have no idea why anyone would use that Fischer price OS..
>>
>>62295534
Yes.
After the shitshow that they were planning for the Xbox One, we all know they should not be trusted moving forward.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.