[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux Mint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cinnamon.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cinnamon.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
I always thought Linux Mint was just a meme distro. Why would anybody use it over the current release of Ubuntu, I felt like Ubuntu was the real thing and Mint was just a useless distro, just adding one more layer of developers to get the distro. But this feeling is kinda vanishing as I think Cinnamon looks great and there might be other features of Mint that makes it a non-meme distro, for example better out of the box software installed and things like that.

What features make Linux Mint a useful distro for home use? Can anybody tell me who uses it what makes it better than Ubuntu?
>>
Would you believe me if I told you that Ubuntu and Mint are the same exact shit, except for a different desktop environment which can be installed with its features on any distro imaginable?
>>
>>62286120
That's not true.
>>
>>62286445
Can you elaborate how they're different?
>>
>>62286497
Mint has more proprietary driver support, better software center, login screen customization, etc. out of the box.
>>
>>62287003
>software center
>>
File: Ann Margret on a Triumph.jpg (114KB, 842x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Ann Margret on a Triumph.jpg
114KB, 842x1267px
>>62286097
click the install icon then, faggit.
>>
>>62286097
Well. Linux mint has superiority when it comes to user friendliness. It comes in 4 official versions with diffrent desktops (the good ones).

Also future of mint is bright. The idea is simple, to make user friendly home distro and it follows that idea while ubuntu doesent know where it wants to go.

Linux mint comes with preinstalled driver manager (a great tool what takes care of drivers for you, detects your hardware and installs drivers you need) and Gufw (simple tool to control your fire wall). I never met any distro having at start similar tools.

Also even if dev team is not powerful as bigger distros, they actually care about community opinion.

I hope linux mint will be better and someday mint dev team will its blacklist updates issues.

I believe in linux mint.
>>
>open the default IRC client
>connects to Mint IRC servers with full name in the open
Fuck this distro.
>>
>>62287575
t. mint dev

>>62286097
it's not a bad distro but they really should stick to one or two versions period. I'd go for Mint Cinnamon and Xfce. Fuck MATE and KDE and LMDE, they're just unstable shit that only help to confuse noobs.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.