[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like Ruby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

Do you like Ruby?
>>
>>62285583
Is that Ruby senpai?
>>
I like perl better
>>
>>62285583
Yes.
Except for the unfortunate problem that it doesn't force you to declare your variables.
>>
>>62285583
It's a fad. Dying meme. But I admit that is prettier than shit like Java and JavaScript.
and I don't like the staircase to the end
. . . . . . end
. . . . end
. . end
end
>>
>>62286110
Unfortunately for you, it scientifically is the best block terminator there is. Whitespace a shit and } might as well be some random character.
Not my opinion, but the Quorum language researchers facts.

That you don't like it only means that you're likely a reading or writing cripple.
>>
>>62286175
Yet Python is what the scientists use, not Ruby.
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>62286200
True, but that is more the result of scientists being meme eating, ubuntu forum Python advice reading faggots than anything else.
>>
>2 space indentation
>free functions don't exist because anything declared in file scope is implicitly part of the class/object hierarchy
>many duplicate methods that do exactly the same thing
>inherited bullshit from Perl like global variables that have been deprecated for a decade yet not removed
>exceedingly poor documentation that's only available on third-party websites
>strings are mutable by default
To answer your question: no, I do not like Ruby.
>>
>>62286240
>free functions don't exist because anything declared in file scope is implicitly part of the class/object hierarchy
It's called blocks, anon.
If you didn't want an OO language, you should have said that directly.
>>
Rust is the correct language to use, not Ruby, not Python.
>>
I like how AMD does not cave in to SJW pressure and has a beautiful 100% european white ginger woman as its mascot, intel poojets are literally defending a 3rd world-pandering ((company))
>>
>>62286492
based /pol/bro redpilling the masses
>>
>>62286441
>[system programming language that isn't productive enough] is the correct language to use, not [scripting language 1], not [scripting language 2]
ok
That being said, yes, scripting languages (and that also accounts for sh) are overused in an inner platform effect to get away from the garbage that is C.
>>
>>62286218
More a result of scientific python reaching critical mass long before ruby. I wish it were otherwise.
>>
>>62285583
Medicore language
>>
>>62286175
>} might as well be some random character
yeah so lets make it 3 other "random" characters (end)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.