[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SLASHDOT IS DEAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: dot.png (51KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dot.png
51KB, 1024x1024px
Every anon that posts there is an alt-right edgelord.
>>
by that logic /g/ is also dead
>>
>>62284923
It's okay, someone has to balance the sjw-ism from HN.
>>
File: overlap.png (37KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
overlap.png
37KB, 425x425px
>>62284923

By your logic 4chen would be dead as well.
>>
Its not dead anon. Its just normal low quality.
Just accept it, as it is.
>>
HACKERNEWS IS DEAD

Every anon that posts there is a passive-aggressive wanker who advocates censorship every other post.
>>
>>62284923
So what happened?
>>
alt-right aren't edgelords. they are either biggest moralfags on earth.
>>
fucking shitlords have different opinions. that should be illegal
>>
>>62284923
>Every anon that posts there is an alt-right edgelord.

So pretty much the same as always, but with libertarian now being called alt-right
>>
It's quite the echo-chamber now. Just as bad as /pol/, /g/, /t_d or r/politics.

There's no place to have a real conversation anymore. Into your respective echo chambers, lads.
>>
>>62285040
>there's no place to have a real conversation anymore
wrong. go on the board dedicated to the Wired. just don't mention it by name here.
>>
>>62285130
jp is leftist incarnate
>>
File: 1392761553982.png (1KB, 23x585px) Image search: [Google]
1392761553982.png
1KB, 23x585px
>>62285040
Just as planned, the goyim are falling for the identity politics meme and will soon slaughter each other. They will never know who was pulling the strings all along hehehehe
>>
>>62284923
>Every anon that posts there is an alt-right edgelord.
Every mod/admin/editor is a leftist SJW piece of shit. I can't stand new /.
>>
>>62285141
good.
>>
File: hackernews2.png (30KB, 1289x460px) Image search: [Google]
hackernews2.png
30KB, 1289x460px
given an internet run by slashdot libertarians & ebin unix wizards, and an internet run by the weirdly authoritarian webfags and project-wrecking activists comprising nearly every other tech community, i know which one i'd pick

>>62285040
>these places that don't kick you out for having a Wrong Opinion are echo-chambers
ok m8
>>
>EU Presidency Calls For Massive Internet Filtering, Leaked Document Shows

but muh European network neutrality
>>
>>62285236
Talking about such things is racist extremism. Delete this post.
>>
Slashdot is pretty grounded to reality. On topics of actual merit like energy generation, climate change, international politics, etc. you'll see healthy debate. On topics like gender and race "equality" you'll find posters pretty much agree that sjw thinking is idiotic, and things like affirmative action just lead to poor hires and resentful employees.
>>
File: Dota_2_Slark_mechanics.png (47KB, 225x220px) Image search: [Google]
Dota_2_Slark_mechanics.png
47KB, 225x220px
>>62285380
>etc. you'll see healthy debate.
hahahaha
Are you new?
ahahahahhaa
No seriously, its not. Its mostly people doing shallow reddit reposts for upvotes, and a lot of short comments.
What i really hate about Slashdot, is that comment length and insight is getting shorter. You basically have to browse at 2 or good comments won't show up, because it doesn't have enough of a userbase to moderate it anymore.

And I haven't even been browsing Slashdot for that long. Since 2008 something, and it annoys me how the quality has degraded so much, and yet the quality still can go a lot further before the ship has truly sunk.
>>
>>62285430
I was speaking of the type of debate, not the quality. The OP asserts everyone is an alt-right edgelord but that doesn't match the conversation on non-neosocial topics.

Of course few people go to SD anymore so quality will be lacking, and having a points system for thread mode discussion has proven to be cancerous in general. I don't particularly like SD, but the OP claim is unfounded.
>>
>>62285430
>And I haven't even been browsing Slashdot for that long. Since 2008 something,
hate to break it to you but 9 years is stupendously long in internet time
>>
still far better than the circlejerk that is HN
>>
>>62285130
>lainchan.jp
No. There's no real talk about anything
>>
>>62285190
No, that's bad you moron.
>>
File: 1485010002007.jpg (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485010002007.jpg
32KB, 657x527px
>>62285040
>There's no place to have a real conversation anymore. Into your respective echo chambers, lads.
>ban all people with any right-wing opinions ranging from libertarian to christian conservative
>wonder why there might be echo chambers
>>
>>62284923
>SLASHDOT
who
>>
>>62284923
>everyone who isn't a buzzfeed journalist is an alt-right edgelord
or movement is getting bigger every day
>>
>>62285228
>scientific racism

hahahhaha
>>
so you've come to the far-right stronghold known as 4chan to tell us this?
>>
File: God_Hand_dodge_mechanic.gif (2MB, 826x510px) Image search: [Google]
God_Hand_dodge_mechanic.gif
2MB, 826x510px
>>62285541
>not the quality.
Then your words are worth nothing
And you are the faggot that could be OP
Slashdot only works when it has:
1. A large userbase
2. Willingness to write quality posts
3. Even if people are submitting cancer to the firehose, the entire quality behind Slashdot is that every topic will often be about how OP is a fucking faggot, why he is wrong, and then it completely derails

What makes Slashdots degrade so gradual, is how slow it is. So you lose some moderation and some userbase. But without any replies, you also lose the fundation for quality.
And then when somebody posts a shitty bait, there is nobody left that can truly tell us how much of a faggot OP is, and then its just a sour taste of what could have been.
Its basically the same reason Reddit even could build a population base before its population fragmented it: It needs some quality to attract more people
>>
>>62285040
T_d outright tells you it is and to use ask the donald instead for debate and questions. /pol/ doesn't moderate in favor of the right at all so it's fine too. They're only echo chambers because you don't want to go in, not because they're keeping people out
>>
>>62285985
This. It's not racism if you have legitimate arrangements.
>>
>>62285921
found the trumpcuck
>>
>>62287669
um sweety
4chan is a trump website
>>
The most stupid thread that i ever seen, this is bait, too stupid to be real
SAGE
>>
>>62287687
>sweety
lol what a gay
>inb4 4chan is gay website
>>
I still obsessively check Slashdot several times a day. Things has changed though. The troll site Goatse,cx is now a cryptocurrency.
>>
What are you talking about? Slashdot died like 5 or 6 years ago already.
>>
>>62285142
So that's what it means.
>>
>>62284923
SLASHDOT maybe 1 in 50000 comments begin right even /g/ is superior.
>>
>>62284923
>common sense stuff is alt-right
really made me think
>>
>>62285228
>edge.org
>>
>>62288643
control left want make any people don't think like them is nazi.
>>
>>62288643
>/. Comments
>common sense

Pick one etc
>>
>>62284923
No, the vast majority of comments isn't far right (what burgers somehow call "alt" right because it doesn't fit the retarded narrow political spectrum between democrats and republicans).
>>
>>62288696
Can you post some examples?
It all looks like normie stuff.
>>
>>62288787
I'm not gonna dig into it just to find retarded shit but look at almost any featured article. Its like 4chan for actual retards, arguing about the dumbest bullshit like if Soros is secretly controlling USA
>>
>>62289047
Are you high?
>>
>>62289117
Are you new?
>>
>>62285190
Im perfectly happy to argue with lefties on lain all day long, but I felt really bad when someone started a thread about something techy and it just turned into politics. so I left because I realized that I was the cancer. I wish you burnouts would do the same.
>>
>>62289047
You don't think George Soros is a subversive and powerful man?
>>
seriously what the fuck happened to that site? I remember visiting it a few years ago and it wasn't even remotely as obnoxious. it's not just the stance of posters but the quality of the posts are so fucking low.
>>
>>62285228
This sadly. We are being forced to choose between ISIS and Asad.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.