[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the next big tech/web/service that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: next-big-thing.png (27KB, 713x475px) Image search: [Google]
next-big-thing.png
27KB, 713x475px
What do you think is the next big tech/web/service that will change everything?
>>
Uber for founders
>>
>>62277682
neural net/machine learning fucking everywhere

and IoT hospital toilets
>>
>>62277682
GNU will take over and ensure our world is free of non-free binary blobs.
>>
Theres this new javascr- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>62277682
Skynet
>>
>>62277682
waifus selectable directly from the amazon store and delivered with a drone
>>
I can guarantee you that in the next decade, maybe two at most self-driving vehicles will revolutionize the entire world.

I don't think anyone truly understands what enormous impact this will have. Even if it's not mainstream for self transport, it will be for delivery and transportation of goods.

This will destroy so many jobs alone, because as soon as you can delivery goods efficiently and for incredibly cheap, you can start getting rid of a ton of places. I would think retail stores and might not exist in the same way as they do now, they might be show rooms instead. Also think about truck drivers and all jobs related to transportation.
>>
>>62277682
RFID chips
Digital signature & digital verification placing your hand or your wrist on a receiver
Could be used for contactless payments
the subsequent level is to implement antennae and permanently connect an individual to the internet, with chances to contact online services blinking eyes in a particular fashion
websites will be visualized as an impression on your (literal) retina
the subsequent level is to use the non-binary way our cerebellum uses to save data to permanently store zettazillionspetabytes of data in RAID 60
everyone will be have multiple PhDs
no one will need to work any more
installing uBlock will be punished with death penalty
>>
Also more realistically I think that some form of crypto currency and filestorage/cloud computing will emerge that will be extremely accessible and cheap.

It's going to challenge copyright even further, because very large companies might start releasing content on a such a platform so they could cash in.

In essence popular shared content would be rewarded in some way, and there will probably some form of network trust so you could secure content that you release via such a platform or at least prove the author.
>>
>>62277834
This, self driving vehicles are going to be insane. Although I'm kind of worried though since I'm a bit of a car and motorcycle enthusiast, I worry governments will just outright ban any form of human driven vehicles because safety and stuff.
>>
>>62277682
Ads that let you purchase straight from the advertisement. It's the perfect way to push products rather than rely on pull
>>
>>62277834
not gonna comment on the self-driving thing (it's shit). just chimining in that the
>muh jobs
red herring is pathetic. job roles come and go. tech """destroyed""" many jobs and invented many others. it has done so for several millennia already. trucks drivers didn't exist 100 years ago and web developers didn't exist 20 years ago.
>>
>>62277920
never going to happen.
>>
>>62277935
I dunno, once self driving cars become safer than human driven cars it's all over. This could benefit motorcycle riders greatly but I fear they'll just ban them too since there are other risks involved without having distracted drivers running you over.
>>
>>62277920
>I worry governments will just outright ban any form of human driven vehicles because safety and stuff.

They won't do that, but if self driving cars became safer than humans and make up most of the traffic, the human driven cars can expect their insurance rates to increase 10 fold.
>>
>>62277969
Self driving cars are driven by the same fuzzy convex optimization crap as any other machine learning system. You fundamentally cannot trust it to work correctly 100% of the time.
>>
File: souldestroying.jpg (35KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
souldestroying.jpg
35KB, 535x577px
>>62278005
>tfw everyone will be driven around in buttplug shaped google cars
>>
Don't forget as soon as safe self driving cars become a thing the entire organ transplant industry will collapse. Huge amounts of money will be invested into other type of organ creation, like growing organs and 3d printing them using your own cells. Or maybe we will start harvesting from 3rd world countries.

The vast majority of organs are from car crash victims, it's some insane statistic like 90%+.

Bet most people haven't considered that.
>>
>>62278046
Can we expect the (((people))) running the organ transplant injury, or the truckers union, etc. to try and sabotage self driving cars to make consumers reject them
>>
>>62278046
>as safe self driving cars become a thing the entire organ transplant industry will collapse

No; that's when motorcycle helmet laws will be repealed in the name of "freedom"; the flow of organs will continue.
>>
>>62278018
Except planes are nearly completely auto-piloted already and have far higher safety rating then humans.

The actual tech is nearly here already, it's going to be a matter of making it cheap, small and convincing politicians to allow it.

Also it's possible they might make special roads for certain transportation at first, like a truck traveling 300-500 miles on a single dedicated lane and then making a pit stop to have a driver make the rest of the delivery.
>>
>>62278046
Well aware, us motorcylists get called organ donors all the time..
>>
>>62278064
Except there are very few motorcycles compared to cars and the state of a serious motorcycle accidents makes the body unusable due to the heavy damage sustained.
>>
>>62278064
Helmets are optional in my state as well as many others in the US. Riding with no helmet is surprisingly common. The rest of them use those useless half bucket helmets which do jack shit.
>>
>>62277682
smelf driving carrs
>>
>>62278070
>Comparing cars to planes
>When planes are most of the time flying at high altitude all alone with nothing to randomly interrupt their path
>>
>>62278115
Planes can also land themselves, they've been able to do this since the 80s, you just have a pilot and co-pilot program everything then monitor the systems which is what might happen with truck driving until they no longer need to be monitored.
>>
>>62278127
Good thing they have 2 dedicated teams triple checking that they have a track all for themselves for landing
>>
File: serveimage(10).jpg (73KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(10).jpg
73KB, 495x700px
>>62277682
Everything connected to everything.
Like in that unpopular cartoon for children.
Except that now iot, later our consciousness.
And we/I become gaia
Imagine having sex with anyone at anytime and it's not just having sex with someone but with yourself too. Amazing.
>>
>>62277682
blood farms that increase the average life expectantcy to 100
>>
>>62277682
200usd AI robotic waifus.
>>
>>62278127
Flying an airplane on autopilot is like cruise control in a car. You set a vector and the plane keeps it.
Landing an airplane is less complicated for a machine to figure out than merging onto a busy highway. Less complicated by orders of magnitude. Yet no autoland can handle every landing scenario. Not even close.
>>
everything financial will be blockchain-based.
>>
my peepee
>>
>>62278070
It's going to be a long time before a self-driving car can take verbal orders from a person that tries to wave the car down to tell the driver that the bridge around the corner just collapsed.
>>
>>62277682
Realistically some form of augmented reality will catch on and change the world and how we interact with it
>>
Either more telemetry or extreme restrictions leading to no telemetry at all.
>>
>>62277682
ethereum
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 2000x1465px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 2000x1465px
>>62277682
Tablets. They are getting larger, thinner, more powerful, and cheaper. Together with a stylus they will be held by any first world student in 20 years.
>>
>>62278628
tablets are a fucking meme, only dumb peoples uses it.
>>
>>62277682
neuronal link http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-neuralink-connect-brains-computer-neural-lace-2017-3
>>
>>62277929
>I don't understand what net gain and net loss are
Don't you have school tomorrow?
>>
>>62278726
>net gains and loss
>muh truck drivers
Let's thing about all those amanuenses who lost their job since Gutenberg. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>62278726
your mom is a whore.
>>
>>62278628
writing on a tablet with a stylus is a meme.
>>
>>62278726
stfu cunt.
>>
>>62278773
It's not just about some truckers, tech is starting to take a lot more than just trucking jobs
>>
>>62278726
holy crap, what an stupid person you are.
>>
File: IMG_20170906_164023573.jpg (867KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170906_164023573.jpg
867KB, 1456x2592px
>>
>>62278796
>le resort at whatabout-ism
tech has granted many new jobs and created a whole new industry that didn't exist before in the IT sector in the last generation.the industrial paradigm have shifted towards IT and tertiary from ye olde industrial revolution since a while now. maybe you didn't get the memo. menial labour jobs are replaced with new and better alternatives. new job roles come, old job roles go. stop being such a fucking idiot.
>>
>>62278877
>Projections that 40 percent of jobs will be lost to machines in a huge gariety of fields
>ITS OKAY GUYS WE HAVE LIKE 1 FIELD WITH A BUNCH OF NEW JOBS WE CAN ALL JUST BE PROGRAMMERS
>>
>>62278932
>40 percent of jobs
jesus, fuck off idiot.
>>
Singularity communism and open borders policies after Trump is backstabed by the same swing state rednecks who elected him after said rednecks realize he was full of shit.
>>
>>62278963
>Google.com
>How many jobs will be lost to tech
Wow, that was really fucking hard, wasn't it? Do you need to have your hand held when you go outside?
>>
>>62277682
Population control. All computers, phones, microchips, operating systems are hopelessly botnetted. IoT is being pushed hard, soon our fridges and lightbulbs and door handles will be collecting data on us. It's only a matter of time before some government-corporate AI programming uses all this to manipulate us into living correctly.

>anon starts making far-right posts online
>whoops, seems like the connection is dodgy, this site is taking forever to load, best go do something else
>news apps 'curates' him a playlist with lots of feel-good stories about diversity
>smart TV suggests shows with happy mixed-race couples
>next time he has something delivered, the delivery guy is a cheerful Middle Easterner who always makes small talk
>oxytocin in his water supply (no seriously, https://www.redstate.com/slee/2017/08/15/skeptical-open-borders-theres-drug/)

And so on. Except in reality, it would be a far more insidious than this. Notice when somebody's feeling slightly unhappy and nudge then back into complacency with a thousand tiny triggers, including less adverbs in your social media feed and more yellow. Christ knows what sort of obscure correlations an AI with the entire world as a data set could dredge up.
>>
>>62279023
>gullible clickbait idiocy
fuck off, idiot.
>>
>>62278784
Not when it comes to equation, graphs, and shapes. I tutor students online with my 9.7" galaxy tablet, I teach physics, math, and computer science, with the latter mostly dilvered via codeshare.io
>>
>>62278101
shelf tidying bars
>>
self driving mobile homes.
>>
>>62277682
Something like Freenet/Zeronet/I2P.
>>
>>62277682
Meme learning.
>>
>>62277834
>Also think about truck drivers
Trucking wouldn't disappear though, it'd just become absurdly cozy
>>
>>62277682
>de necst mig dong 8===D :DDD
>>
the uhh video game industry should be expecting massive amount of increase

so something might happen there definitely
>>
>>62281083
increase in demand, that is
>>
>>62277834
Can confirm there is already at least one company that provides an API for vehicle company's that provides centre lines for this (used for the self driving as aspect) as well as fleet tracking.
>>
>>62279102
BRAVO, SPLENDID USE OF ARGUMENTATION
>>
Implants with botnets
>>
It'll be like Tinder, but for fights.
>>
>>62277696
>Uber for founders
I don't get it, angel list exists
>>
>>62277834
>self-driving vehicles
>live in a snowy area like scandinavia/canada/wherever

I haven't heard anything about this shit yet, how does self-driving cars handle shit weather and roads where there is tons of snow?
>>
>>62278382
His peepee
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.