[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sysadmin and networking classes starting tomorrow What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

>Sysadmin and networking classes starting tomorrow

What should I expect?
>>
>>62276631
Boredom. Also a lot of fucking reading.
>>
>>62276631
Fun, if that's your sort of thing.

I miss being an SA.

t. former devops now SWE
>>
File: 1468740349691.jpg (44KB, 664x520px) Image search: [Google]
1468740349691.jpg
44KB, 664x520px
>start poorfag college
>Bunch of subhumans learning how to add negative numbers and working with rationals
Help me
>>
Can a cisco certified network engineer beginner land a sys ad job?
>>
dumb labs in packet tracer
>>
>>62276990
This. It's fucking cancer. It's practically a fucking flash game.
>>
>>62276631
OSI model.
>>
what's better, a sys admin student or a cs student
>>
>>62276990
>packet tracer

Don't bring back those painful memories.
>>
To the uninformed, why does networking sound so fucking boring? Is it really is?
>>
File: 1444834474758.webm (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444834474758.webm
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>62276631
>What should I expect?
>>
File: b5081d1b-s.png (108KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
b5081d1b-s.png
108KB, 480x270px
>>62276990
>mfw teacher puts on Warriors of the Net for the 3rd time
>>
>>62276631
Pointless lectures you don't need to attend becacus your Cisco certified lecturers will go through the exact same thing you can find on Cisco's website called "netacad". Sometimes your lecturers will be a cunt and include something related to.your job opportunities during a lecture to keep people from skipping it.

Most of the time, you will play with switches, routers, IOS, Cisco's packet tracer and other bullshit that you could do on your own. Expect a lot of white traah and shitskins in your class. Keep in mind, your "education" is a scam. You could do all of it in 2-3 months, I assume your "college degree" is two or three years? Like I said, it's a scam. When you're done, you will get a shitty job at a help desk (1st line).
>>
> 2017
> fall for the sysadmin meme
> implying ML cannot do a 1000x better job than u
>>
>>62279570
ML? OP's degree might be about sysadmin shit but his job will be fixing printers and typical help desk jobs.
>>
>>62279585
> fixing printers
> installing / uninstalling drivers
> help desk job
> ML generated chat bot
>>
>>62276688
Maybe if you did better on your placement test :))
>>
>>62276810
Networks are about 5% of a sysadmin job, unless you're in a green field site it will be set up already anyway, and usually 'just werks'

It's much better for companies to get a decent sysadmin with not much Network experience and outsource the networking part to a third party when they need to.
>>
File: cat_hat.jpg (82KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
cat_hat.jpg
82KB, 500x750px
>>62276631
>What should I expect?
That almost everything you read on /g/ was a lie.
>>
>>62279817
What is a /g/ lie? Sysadmin and networking in college is a huge scam. Get the certs on your own, or study computer science which is hundred times more useful.
>>
>>62278763
Hahahahahha nothing this fat fucking mainlet NEET is doing can be considered networking or system administration. people like him make the networking industry look creepy so fuck you for spreading misinformation.

This fat fuck is the same guy who I tell to fix my monitor when I'm too lazy to grab the display port cable. A typical monkey at 1st help line.
>>
>>62277035
kek
>>
Depends. If you find decent people, lotta fun. If you don't, boring shit. In any case it's not a big deal.
>>
>>62276631
Where are you taking these? Are they formal college classes? I'm really interested so please respond.

I fell for the Comp Sci meme. I regret it terribly. I spend something like 6 hours a day learning really nothing and just listening to tenured professors rave about ridiculous shit.

It's not a joke that those who can do and those who can't teach. A few of the younger profs were alright but none of them are in the higher courses which are exclusively taught by geriatric autists. I'm being completely serious when I tell you people have begun to sob in some of these classes due to the 'method' or 'style' some of these guys employ.
>>
>>62276631
aoba is cute
>>
>>62278763
why does he need so many bracelets
>>
I want to fuck aoba
>>
>>62282433
I'm taking this at a local college. You can probably find similar courses in your area.

https://www.bcit.ca/study/programs/181adipts
>>
>>62280031
How about csec at RIT? first year here, please validate me
>>
>>62280031
The same applies to any type of college/university course really. It's common knowledge that almost everything can be learned on your own with resources from the internet. In the end you're just paying for the diploma and teacher guidance.
>>
>>62282433
I'm interested. Would you like to expound?
>>
>>62279124
>Warriors of the Net
Jesus Christ what the fuck is this? I have an essay on this due in like 5 days but haven't even bothered to look it up.
>>
>>62276631
>>62282497
>>62282531

>tfw no gf like aoba to dress in lewd costumes for you
>>
janitorial work. imagine cleaning the bathrooms for 8 hours a day. that's your typical work day as a sys admin. some people can handle it because the pay is good.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.