[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I learn programming by taking classes or be self-taught?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Dog And Laptop.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dog And Laptop.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
Should I learn programming by taking classes or be self-taught?
>>
>>62276302
its pretty easy to forget what youre taught. its not so easy to forget what you've learned.
>>
>>62276790
Anon now that I think about it you're so fucking accurate. Everything I self taught it's like rock solid in my brain, everything I've been thought and have not used pretty often it's gone.
>>
Currently studying soft engy, honestly you can learn programming pretty easily on your own, sometimes studying can be better but it depends on the teachers you get. How good they are and how well they can inspire you, which ultimately goes for anything you wanna study. Ive gotten lucky and had some really great professors and in comparison with poeple that learned on their own, there are some things that i learnd from my profs that you cant walways get on your own
>>
>>62276843
Pretty much this. I'm only two years into my degree but I went in knowing a majority of it. There were a few things that I never knew was there or just thought was useless until my professor showed me.

Best advice I can give you is to challenge yourself with every new thing you learn wether it be self taught it school. The harder the challenge and the more work you put into it the more you will remember it.
>>
>>62276302
i.e. Am I self-disciplined or not?
>>
Currently doing a CS degree on college, pacing is slow as fuck, self-taught is better if you want to learn.
>>
>>62277154
You will have the advantage of paper tho which is enough if you already have family sustaining you and could also enjoy life while you do it, then it's time for work work work so you can retire early.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.