[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Asus can make the price of their Strixx 100 to 200 dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: asusstrix1080ti.jpg (124KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
asusstrix1080ti.jpg
124KB, 800x800px
How come Asus can make the price of their Strixx 100 to 200 dollars more than regular cards of the same type? Just because they're clocked a little higher?

I would've bought a different card it's just that I have 3 monitors but no displayport connection so I need at least 2hdmi connections, and Asus Strixx are the only cards that have it. But is that worth the extra money?

Why is Asus so much more expensive than a similar card from MSI for example?
>>
File: 1503393918165.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
1503393918165.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>62262541
You dont have to buy it if you don't want to.

I bought mine because I the price was worth the quiet fans coming from a HD 5650 with one tiny fan. Fells good men
>>
>>62262559
>You dont have to buy it if you don't want to.
Yeah that seems obvious, but they are the only ones that still put 2hdmi connections on their card. But for 200$ extra, I might as well buy a new monitor that does support displayport so I wouldn't have to put up with their insane prices.
>>
>>62262564
the problem is 1 have one main 27" monitor, which only has hdmi and dvi, 1 second monitor that only has dvi, and 1 tv that only has hdmi. So for those 3 monitors I need at least 2 dvi's and 1hdmi or 2hdmi and 1 dvi. And Asus are the only ones that do that.

So why are they that much more expensive?

Is an Asus 1080ti so much gonna outperform and MSI 1080ti?
>>
File: zuh.png (71KB, 1239x626px) Image search: [Google]
zuh.png
71KB, 1239x626px
What are you talking about? They're all within ~$50 of eachother except for one outlier
>>
>>62262611
Not the entire world is the USA
>>
>>62262564
you said it yourself they use high quality components and generally over-engineer cooling, not to mention they put extra connectors, all that cost extra, so strix cards generally cost more than normal competing cards
>>
>>62262642
it's not extra connectors, most 1060/1070/1080/1080ti cards have 3x displayport and 1x hdmi, except for when asus makes it, then they have 2x displayport and 2x hdmi

they arent even clocked that much higher, so is it just because you pay for the brand or is there any evidence that they indeed are better than MSI or Gigabyte etc>
>>
>>62262641
Well the problem clearly isn't ASUS, it's the retailers in your country, so blame them. Or hire a forwarding service or some cuck. I'm sure you can find someone willing to order it in US and mail it to you in whatever soccer playing povertyland you're from for a small profit
>>
>>62262541
have you considered adapters?
It really doesn't matter which cooler you have on a Pascal card. They all overclock the same.
>>
File: asus.jpg (372KB, 1646x766px) Image search: [Google]
asus.jpg
372KB, 1646x766px
>>62262675
Literally 100€europoors extra
>>
>>62262541
Most of your money goes to the bigass heatsink. If you have ever held one, you would know it is heavier than other GPUs

That is it. They try to justify with the "binned" meme. But in reality you are compensating for the cheaper versions of the GPU.
>>
I have a friend who works in pc retail and he rekons as far as GPU returns for faults or just dying the strix cards are among the lowest. Anecdotal evidence I guess.
I've had a strix 980 for a few years and it's going strong, would recommend.
>>
>>62262693
you mean displayport to hdmi adapter? havent thought about that. Any loss in quality if you do it like this? Let me see how much they cost, this could be an easy solution untill I need a 4k monitor which does indeed use displayport, but right now i'm more than happy with 60fps 1080p
>>
>>62262693
>>62262707
oh well, a 10 bucks displayport to hdmi adapter would solve alot of issues I guess. Is quality still the same or any lag or whatever?

Thanks, it's so simple but i havent actually thought about it.
>>
>>62262541
Got my 980ti strix used for 280$
Didn't bother a bit
>>
>>62262800
well first of that is secondhand second here in europe pc parts such as gpu's are much more expensive so you really cannot compare
>>
>>62262828
Jokes on you i live in middle east , and got the gpu from some french website that sells used parts , i bought ps4 130$+ something hp40$ monitor + that 980ti 280$ + blue yeti for 5$
He insisted to get paid in usd , he said that he will move to usa that's why he wanted USD not euro
>>
>>62262541
i have this one even running it at 100% load it stays at 70C and you can barely tell the fans are running at 60% speed, its really silent, and i bought it mainly because it promised to be silent

worth the money
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.