[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is windows 10 so fucking trash. The only reason I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1504134218886.jpg (107KB, 566x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504134218886.jpg
107KB, 566x720px
Why is windows 10 so fucking trash. The only reason I'm using Windows 10 is because I like to play games. Out of nowhere everything starts crashing. I have no idea why. It won't even let me system restore. Is it worth it to give up vidya games and just use linux at this point?
>>
>>62261242
>Why is windows 10 so fucking trash.
Because micro$oft did it, just like they did visual studio, which is trash and fucking hangs n' crashes on 16G ram.
>Is it worth it to give up vidya games and just use linux at this point?
Probably, since games just waste your time
>>
Yeah, well depends on what games you play. Linux has a lot of triple A titles now, probably at least 30% of whats available on windows is on Linux or can be run under WINE with no problems.

t. guy who gaymes on linux
>>
>>62261349
What district would you recommend?
>>
>>62261371
Distro*
>>
>>62261242
Your filesystem is probably fucked.
Load up a linux livecd, check your SMART, if it's okay use "disk usage" and scan your root windows drive.
It will tell you which files present input/output errors and are probably permanently destroyed by marking them orange and red.
You can then tell what's broke.

At least this is 90% of the end user issues with windows are rooted in the filesystem these days.
Linux has ZFS and BTRFS to mitigate these issues entirely.
>>
>>62261381
Find one that's comfy hop a bit and then settle.

Pick one at random (whatever sounds appealing) and if you find something you don't like that you don't care to change yourself, hop on over to a different one.
>>
>>62261371
I'm using Antergos right now and it's fairly justwerkz, it comes with steam preinstalled if you select it too. But other common recommendations if you don't want an arch based system are Mint/Ubuntu probably Fedora too but you'd have to ask someone else about that, I found Antergos to be as user-friendly or more than ubuntu (haven't used mint in a few years but that's the distro I put on my mums shit and she never has problems with it)
>>
>>62261422
Oh and you can choose to have WINE preinstalled also.
>>
>>62261439
>>62261422
>>62261402
>>62261382
Thanks for the help bros
>>
>>62261242
Try using a genuine key from eBay, don't use Russian virus to activate your windows license and don't use any of those snotty programs anti spyware. Those are known for breaking the entire OS.
>>
>>62261349
>92 notif
What kind of celebrity are you?
>>
File: am i retarded.jpg (46KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
am i retarded.jpg
46KB, 665x574px
>>62261242

Just install Windows 7 for gaming like everyone else does.
>>
Because even after 8 and the irredeemable fail of Windows Phone, Microsoft still had hope and went with another shitty phone/PC fusion.
>>
>>62261242
It's not your fault you don't know how to diagnose and fix system problems. You're going to have even more crashes on Linux, and you're going to cry even harder.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.