[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A lot of people give Win10 and Google shit for "muh botnet"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1504347839531.png (47KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1504347839531.png
47KB, 200x200px
A lot of people give Win10 and Google shit for "muh botnet" and "muh lack of privacy and freedoms", and then you have people memeing "just don't do anything illegal and you'll be safe! ;v"
But I feel like even if you actually do a bunch of illegal shit on Windows 10 and through Google servers, you'd still be perfectly fine.

Has anybody ever even gotten sent to prison for doing something shady on Win10/Google before? I'm pretty sure nobody's ever gotten a knock on the door from the CIA because of a few questionable Google searches.
>>
>>62246959
Well, since your government can change and all mined data is for ever you can be send to prison anytime in your live for stuff you already did.
>>
People in the UK have had their homes raided because they googled for lawn fertillizer or something.
>>
>>62247002
Got a source? That sounds hilarious if true.
>>
>>62246959
True but it does not mean it's not logged for the future cases.
Also, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/01/new-york-police-terrorism-pressure-cooker
>>
File: 1504281356000.gif (676KB, 554x709px) Image search: [Google]
1504281356000.gif
676KB, 554x709px
>>62247597
>...police finally explained that the investigation was prompted by searches a family member had made for pressure cooker bombs and backpacks made at his former workplace
>The former employer, believing the searches to be suspicious, alerted police
The article you linked proves my point I think.
She was visited by the police not by a tipoff from Google or Microsoft from researching suspicious things, but rather by her employer who was able to view her internet history.
This isn't Google, Microsoft or the botnet's fault.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.