[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dusted off my old ThinkPad T60

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 72938b6b9d.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
72938b6b9d.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
This shit is slow as fuck. I had it since middle school.
I am 22 now, honestly have not touched it in years. Why the fuck you guys worship it?
Only thing it's got going is the retro aesthetic and the sounds of the keys.
Fucking thing only has 1GB of RAM
>>
People worship newer models but that being said 4gb and an ssd combined with a lighter weight distro go a long way.
>>
Because frankenpads
>>
>>62246170
Mine is the T60 1952A36
>>
Install libreboot faggot
>>
>>62246301
will i lose my shit?
>>
why can't you fags stay in your shitty generals? no one uses this archaic piece of crap nowadays
>>
>>62246135
Up the ram and cpu and it's fine
>>
>>62246466
no fucking shit read the OP.
that being said my main use laptop is bigger and this is actually comfy to use in bed.
>>
>>62246492
no fucking faggot stay in your containment thread
>>
>>62246483
will i have to wait til friday for that since i am a poorfag. can i c++ on this dinosaur?
>>
>>62246466
>Generals are cancer
>Please go back to your generals

What now, faggot?
>>
>>62246539
You could do that now
>>
>>62246539
Yes. Of course compiling gigantic c++ projects will take a while but I guess you want to learn, practice and work on personal projects, not compile qtwebkit 24/7.
>>
>>62246562
Can I use an IDE or will have to use wordpad?
if wordpad I have no idea how to run it via compiler. I always use IDEs
>>
>>62246594
yeah, thanks
>>
>>62246595
Yeah text editor plus compiler
You could try installing an ide?
>>
>>62246619
I'll just use text editor and learn to compile.
>>
thanks /g/uys
>>
T60
>Core2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz $20
>4GB 2x2GB DDR2-667MHz 200pin PC2 5300 $10

super cheap to upgrade, performance is great (my core2 duo t5750 4gb ddr2 toshiba has been running windows 7 pro for the last 9 years and it handles 40+ chrome tabs, 1080p video and all the classic games i would want to play).
>>
>>62246135
>1GB RAM
>I'm too retarded to stick more in
>what is T70?
>>
>>62246135
buy t70 kit
i tried lots of things with mine but at the end of the day it's still got 2006 era internals and it will never be fast
>>
>>62246595
use vim
>>
>>62246135
>>62246135
you make a lot of your stupidity apparent in posts like this, op. a sweeping condemnation of [thing] and claiming ignorance why anyone else would like [thing]. maybe other people know something you're too dumb to figure out?
>>
>>62246135
Put 4gb ram, Put in better 64bit processor for that socket.
install 64 bit linux of choice.
Now you have a great machine
>>
used my x60 as a daily driver for about a week last year. i still use it for drawing in krita but its running gentoo now. was running arch last year. i had to replace the ram but other than that no issues
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.