[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>100% disk utilization >AMD doesn't have anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1500078169543.png (517KB, 934x621px) Image search: [Google]
1500078169543.png
517KB, 934x621px
>100% disk utilization
>AMD doesn't have anything like Intel's rapid storage software
>Can't go all SSD.

How do you AMDfags deal with this? I want to use my 128GB SSD as cache, while my 4TB for the main OS and the many applications I need to run at once. No, I can't install the OS on the SSD, the applications have to run on the main C drive.

pic related. cache used by nasa.
>>
>>62244532
Buy a bigger ssd, poorfag
>>
Caching is a stupid meme.
Use a sufficent ssd (256-512) SSD as your C drive for os and software while storing the files and games on hdd
>>
bcachefs / bcache / lvmcache / dm-cache / enhanceio ?
Why would this be CPU manufacturer specific?
>>
>>62244532

>I have a trivial problem but I insist on retarded requirements for a solution and somehow steer this into a brand war.

Holy fuck, GTFO.
>>
>>62244547
I'm not an autist neckbeard or a kiddie. I actually use this for work and don't feel like spending $2k on two 4TB SSDs when the HDD equivalent is only a tenth of the cost.

>>62244560
thanks. I meant chipset, but looks like it doesn't matter.
>>
>>62244532

>No, I can't install the OS on the SSD
Yes you can, faggot.

>the applications have to run on the main C drive.
Winlet, GTFO
>>
>>62244532
>How do you AMDfags deal with this?

The money I save from going with AMD lets me get a larger SSD
>>
>>62244695
Even if I separate them, the hard disk will still be at 100% utilization. You literally have no idea what I'm doing, this is not my personal gaymen PC, this is a server with big boy parts involved.
>>
>>62244532
>AMD doesn't have anything like Intel's rapid storage software

That's no problem. No software will make your HDDs faster. You need more SSDs. There is literally NOTHING you can do to fix this except installing more SSDs.
>>
You know what fuck it I'll just use a random caching software with like 2 positive reviews. Was hoping there would be a consensus on this.
>>
>>62244658
Actualy uses it for work and doesnt want to make it easier what is life...
>>
>>62244813
>big boy parts

Wew lad. Than i don't get why you didn't already ordered 4T of SSDs yet. Big boys just buy the stuff they need instead of crying on the interwebs.
>>
>>62244532
> No, I can't install the OS on the SSD, the applications have to run on the main C drive
For some reason I cannot comprehend your struggles; that's why I am inclined to believe you may be retarded.
>>
Buy a real raid card that supports cache. Intel jewtane breaks all the time and only supports one drive
>>
>>62244532

Try an OS that supports mature filesystems that are actually designed with high performance in mind.
>>
>>62244854
>>62244863
/thread
>>
>>62244532
What does rapid storage do anyway??
>>
>>62245142

Software raid
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.