[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck do people dislike Vista again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

Why the fuck do people dislike Vista again?
>>
>>62243696
I like it desu
>>
Because they had old computers, and were unwilling to upgrade. I built one a month before release, and I liked it fine.
>>
It was insanely unstable upon release.
>>
>>62243696
Was too ahead of its time
>>
>>62243723
Not with hardware from release time.
>>
>>62243731
Even then ram leaked like fuck
>>
>>62243757
Eh, I didn't find it too egregious, but I had plenty of RAM too, so perhaps I simply didn't notice.
>>
Because I installed gentoo
>>
>>62243696
At release it was extremely broken and buggy for a retail OS.
It's okay now with all the service packs and patches.

This is again a good example of kids not knowing anything going "X is fine, why do Z hate it again?" .
>>
>>62243716
I got a good computer in early 2009

i7 920 with 6gb of ram fucking blitz'd windows vista

But yeah i did have a dual core opteron and 2gb of ram when vista came out

It was too early for its time.
>>
>>62243696
>OS was buggy af
>Microsoft did not give companies enough time to put out drives for the OS
>Released too early

Pretty much this. There is a reason now that windows Vista, 7, 8 all had driver compatibility after that.
>>
>>62243809
Provided I'm remembering correctly, my system at the time had a P4, 4gb RAM, and a GeForce Ti 4800.
>>
>>62243830
yikes my opteron 170 oc would have had that beat

People really put visa on single core pcs?

Dayum i think mine may have had 4gb im not sure i had a 3870 at the time
>>
>>62243827
There was plenty of time, there were various releases of Longhorn out for years before release. Some companies were just fucking lazy.
>>
I have a dual boot machine with it.
>Vista: Updates every single damn shut down

>Linux: Updates the whole lot at once.
>>
>>62243846
I was riding the Intel train in those days. I just remember it ran great. Ended up selling that system to a friend.
>>
>>62243696
It looked like dogshit.
>>
>>62243696
I wish MS would go back to this design. If Windows 10 looked like that, a lot more people would be willing to use it.
>>
>>62243846
I used vista on P4 HT just fine.
>>
>>62243696
>text on shut down button
>no lock button
>search bar and recent programs list not separated by glass
>show desktop button in bottom right corner
>aurora thing missing from details pane
>white tray icons
>only Open has an icon in command bar
That's not Vista.
>>
>>62243696
Vista introduced UAC (User Account Control) and wasn't low end friendly

It was a major improvement but some people had a bad experience because again some folks weren't ready. UAC also wasn't that bad either, all you had to do was go and disable it. To put things into perspective, Win7 is basically a much more refined Vista
>>
>>62243827
>>OS was buggy af

No, it was Intel's chipsets and processors that didn't run well on Vista, so Intel cucked Microsoft into taking the blame when they certified shitty intel computers for Vista even though they weren't enough to run it because Intel had a fuckhuge stock of unsold computers that would be obsolete otherwise
>>
What the fuck is up with people saying Intel machines couldn't run Vista?

I personally had a Celeron 440 2GHz machine w/ 1GB DDR2 and onboard GPU that would run Vista okay, and with Aero.
>>
MS was too generous with hardware requirements when they pushed out Vista. As a result, some people had lousy user experiences.

>>62244272
UAC was intentionally annoying. It was to force programmers to stop requiring admin when not necessary. Even today I still come across modern programs that don't run properly without admin.
>>
I quite liked it, and moved to 7 since support has ended
>>
>>62244382
>Even today I still come across modern programs that don't run properly without admin.
Hell don't we all?
>>
>>62243696
Because it plain sucked. Unstable, shit compatibility and shit looks. M$ took a step in the right direction with 7, but ultimately fucked up even more with 8 and beyond.
>>
>>62243696
if you like it so much why you don't use it ?
>>
There were no proper 64-bit drivers around
More RAM usage raped sub 1gb machines
Bluescreens galore until SP2
>>
>>62244307
It was literally shit code.
You forget that some of us used AMD.
>>
File: 1469798498424.jpg (103KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1469798498424.jpg
103KB, 964x964px
>>62243696
aero is fucking pretty compared to win10 metro meme
>>
>>62243696
Because most people only have about 256-512mb of ram back then, and they still install it in their potatoes, because hurr durr up to date, and the struck with the realization that their pc keep throwing everything into pagefile, and therefore snailfest
>>
>>62244307
This, Microsoft was really proud of Vista, it's too bad Intel and shitty OEM's killed it with lack of hardware and driver support.
>>
>>62245452
But it had better 64bit drivers than XP 64bit did.
Source: used both.
>>
>>62245190
7 is literally a Vista service pack, they just had to rebrand it due to the negative reception. 7 ran "better" because more people had finally upgraded their shitboxes enough to support Aero, as well as laptops becoming more powerful.
>>
I like Vista's Aero better than 7's but other than that the systems are virtually identical
>>
>>62243696
It's so beautiful :( RIP
>>
>>62247266
Yeah but it had jack shit when first laucnhed and gave a bad name. Vista SP2 is very much identical to W7
>>
I was initially on the hate train because I had a shittop that came with it and it was completely unusable until I installed XP on it. Then I got a better computer and installed Vista and it was a pleasant experience. Even after upgrading my other systems to 7 I still left the one on Vista just because there wasn't enough reason to move it over. I moved it over to 7 when the support status ended though.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>62247169
>gloss everywhere is better than simply translucency
excuse me?
>>
Fuck, I remember installing themes and third party softwares to get the Vista visuals on XP, and it was buggy af. Fuck nostalgia.
I remember I saw Vista activator on torrent, and thought it'll actually turn my system into Vista with one click.
There was even a Sony Ericsson Vista theme.

>>62244307
Even win7 is buggy, stop defending Vista.

I don't plan on going beyond 7 for a very, very long time. Hell, even XP has the same potential as the newest win os, maybe even better performance.

Thank you microsoft, I'm using pirated versions for 15 years and still counting.
>>
>>62248293
>using pirated software
>its buggy
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (51KB, 542x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
51KB, 542x800px
Oh, here we go. A "why all the h8 for Vista" meme thread.

It may run sweet now on modern hardware but trust me boy, it was a bloated fucking shit show when it was first released.
>>
>>62243696
uh, well it was unstable as fuck, took 15x longer than 7 to do anything, basic tasks like opening windows explorer locked it up, and all around it was just fucking shit
>>
>>62243696
'muh widgets'
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.