[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tracking stolen device

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 999999-88727608120_1.jpg (32KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
999999-88727608120_1.jpg
32KB, 700x700px
Does anyone know how to tack a stolen device remotely without having any tracking app installed? I lost my tablet almost a month ago, so I was just wondering.
>>
Either via your google account or your samsung/other company that you register your tab on.
Sadly it really easy to wipe android devices and even if it isnt wiped gps and internet has to be enabled and your google account registered on it.

So almost impossible to find
>>
Get it back, Mike.

Seriously, is it an Android device? did you have it linked to your Google account?
>>
Yes, it was linked to my gmail account, and I used the google. I tried using the find my device app,but all I got was the last known location 5 hours after it was stolen. All functions wouldn't work, like sound or lock. The location was approximately 77 Richmond street. It could have been just that it was passing by, but even, if it wasn't, it's probably been erased and sold by now. The good news is that most things on it is recoverable, except some photos, or ad card info.
>>
Give it back, Chris
>>
It also had a 32gb kingston micro sd card in it and black ear buds in it. I lost it at around 4:45pm on august 6 in dove park. There were around 12 teenagers there, more or less 15 or 16,who I think took it. I filed a police statement, but, honestly, I don't think they give a shit about people getting their stolen phones or tablets back.
>>
Make a formal police report at the station, bring up your proof of purchase with the serial number or ticket and box with serial, give all the data you can and wait while your tablet was already formated and sold to some random person 15 minutes after it was stolen for cheap. One in a million chance they will seize the product from the culprit and return it to you several months down the line.
>>
Yeah, I already knew the second it got lost. Factory resetting and formatting works with 99.99% of all tracking apps out there. I recently bought a like new samsung galaxy s2 tablet for $240 and I'll be sure to guard it more and not turn a blind eye.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.