[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop my machine with a fast network card from being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (149KB, 990x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
149KB, 990x900px
How do I stop my machine with a fast network card from being a greedy jew whenever I try to download something?
Every single time my machine downloads anything at all, it decides to take up literally all of the bandwidth for the entire apartment because it can.
>>
sudo apt-get install trickle

o wait
>>
>>62240469
anon pls
this is a real problem, even for images it locks up the network for 1/2 a second since for that 1/2 second the network's entire bandwidth is being claimed by my download
>>
>>62240415
>>62240856
>Set upload limit to XYZ

Come on dude, are you like 14? Just the way you talk is cringy
>>
Hope you don't mind OP but I'm gonna ask this here since google isn't helping and I don't want to start a new thread.

I'm running IIS for my websites and maybe like an hour after I start the server I'll start uploading max speed all the time to a random IP. I can deny the IP in my firewall and it'll stop but will always come back with a different IP shortly after. I've tried using Wireshark to investigate and it's all very similar TCP requests but that's really all I can tell. Not much help. I've tried dynamic IP restriction but that doesn't do anything either. Weird thing is I can disable my sites individually until none are hosted but It'll still happen until I completely disable IIS. Any idea on whats going on and how I can stop it? It seems like when port 80 is open thats when the attacks happen. If you look up the IP they're usually from completely random places.
>>
File: ZyvYv0C.jpg (42KB, 509x499px) Image search: [Google]
ZyvYv0C.jpg
42KB, 509x499px
>>62240415

https://www.netlimiter.com

Might not be the greatest way to do this but I used it a while ago. Should be intuitive enough for someone who doesnt know how to use google like yourself.
>>
>>62240879
Danke
Although it barely matters, I did try to find this myself- all that I could find were programs that were xp-era trash and/or how to rate-limit a single program

>>62240879
What are you on about?
>>
>>62241343
Open up the torrent client, look for the limit upload/download settings. Jesus christ
>>
>>62241361
/thread

I can't believe this thread lasted this long.
>>
>>62241361
Anon, if you read my post, you would see that I was attempting to rate-limit my entire machine.
I can impose limits on individual programs, but if I want to stop ALL programs from being bandwidth hogs (literally any process that can use 100mbps+ will use it, including many that I cannot limit) then as far as I can tell windows has no built-in way to do that.
>>
>>62241387
How many different programs are you using to download? Come the fuck on dude are you being retarded on purpose
>>
>>62241343
Lmao you even replied to the wrong post.
Are you high right now?
>>
>>62241387
Have you tried doing it on your R O U T E R ?
>>
>>62241408
l i t e r a l l y a n y p r o g r a m
Ones that I've noticed include;
Firefox (downloading, accessing pages with lots of content)
Blizzard download agent
Anything done through a linux subsystem, including apt
git
Literally any package manager
>>
As usual, /g/ doesn't know their shit. The typical way to solve this problem is by setting up QoS on your router. Hopefully you already have a good enough router to handle QoS processing, with an internet connection that fast.

Most people think of QoS as a way to prioritize certain types of traffic, but even if you don't prioritize traffic you can still use QoS to force your devices to share the bandwidth more evenly.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.