[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr - Who's less evil? There are alot of websites that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: m97620020170314.jpg (25KB, 642x428px) Image search: [Google]
m97620020170314.jpg
25KB, 642x428px
tl;dr - Who's less evil?

There are alot of websites that have options to login with either facebook or google.
Which one of these 2 cia/fbi buttbuddies is less evil so that I have more privacy about what services I use (even if it's a minimal difference)
>>
>>62240038
Facebook. Think of Google as the dog that fetches stuff for you but turns around and bites you in the end.
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>62240049
I wonder.. wouldn't that be facebook since it's more personal (people post pictures, locations, personal stories etc.)?
>>
I trust Google far more than Facebook.
>>
>>62240157
>trusting any of them
Cukc
>>
>>62240038
If you can't sign up with email then you shouldn't use it.
>>
File: 1366164021384.png (5KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1366164021384.png
5KB, 473x454px
>>62240038
I guess Facebook is the least evil, at least they're upfront about the information they're taking from you and how they're using it. They even have a clearly marked section that takes 2~ clicks to get to that has all of your ad preferences so you can see why you get certain ads and can tell certain products/companies/etc. to fuck off or stop them from accessing certain information on your profile. Normies will never change the defaults, but it's actually kind of useful to see and change so you stop getting shitty ads based off of something like liking your grandma's repost of some advertisement for slippers six months ago.
>>
>>62240313
This
>>
>>62240038
imo, Google. it used to be near impossible to delete shit off Facebook.
>>
Google. Hands down.

Facebook will eventually go the way of MySpace.
>>
Google's intent seems to be less evil than Facebooks. They both obviously capitalize on the erasure of your freedom but Google brands it as (and to some extents has actualized) their product as being the future of technological advancements, consumer AI, a giant repository for websites and information milliseconds from your request to your consumption.

Facebook is all profit and exploitation driven. There is no qualms with how they'll manipulate you and swindle you out of your data, all for more mads media bullshit and contrived social media prescence.
>>
>>62240038
Google made Google Earth and AlphaGo.
Facebook made a generation of retarded narcissists.
>>
Google is probably better, but not by much. They seem to care more about maintaining a good image by allowing you to opt-out of a lot of things that invade your privacy more and seem to be in it for the long haul of being a trustworthy company. Google also at least provides useful products and services for you in exchange for the loss of your privacy.

Facebook on the other hand is unapologetic about farming users information and making profits quick.

Really though, both are private for profit companies and you can't trust them with your privacy or information. Behind the scenes we really can't know which is more "evil"
>>
You don't have to use your real name on your Google account. Google doesn't actively encourage you to upload pictures of yourself, nor make said pictures available for all to see.

I don't care if Google collects usage data on me. All they have as an identifier is an IP, a username and an approximate location. Facebook on the other hand wants to know who I am, what I look like, who my friends are, where I am and what I'm doing at any given time and I am not fucking having that.
>>
>>62240038
Facebook has literally zero redeeming qualities, so Google is less worse.
>>
>>62243816
>Google doesn't actively encourage you to upload pictures of yourself, nor make said pictures available for all to see.
lol
>>
>>62240038
>not having temp-mail addon
Lmao
>>
Facebook is worse because it's ruled by Zuck.
>>
>>62240038
>Who's less evil
They are equally evil. Both seek to follow you around, both IRL and on the net. Even if you don't sign in, they track your IP address around the web via scripts.

I would rather go without internet than allow any google or facebook script on my browser.
>>
>>62243816
They also have about 70% of all electronic transactions, including credit and debit.
>>
Fuck facebook. That shit is dodgy as fuck.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.