[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artificial Intelligence sounds cool and all, but is it actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1391037090923.jpg (205KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1391037090923.jpg
205KB, 894x894px
Artificial Intelligence sounds cool and all, but is it actually possible to get a job in this field, or is it all just research?
I've heard about data scientists, but that sounds boring in real life.

Is my dream of making an AI girlfriend just a dream? Was I born too early?
>>
>>62232120
Don't let your memes be dreams, anon.
>>
Move to Japan.
>>
>>62232137
memes aside, based on the articles i've read, it seems like ai should really take off the next couple of years, and that the demand for ai engineers will increase
it's just that i don't know whether there is anything substantial right now
>>
I'm a student and I'm switching to CompSci from CompEng to work on AI.

Japan would probably make the first breakthrough in AI girls in like 5 years.
>>
>>62232120
>I want to work on cool stuff without actually working
most of this shit is just statistics anon, it's not like the movies.
>>
File: ed_smiling_vector.png (16KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
ed_smiling_vector.png
16KB, 180x180px
>>62233776
>too late to explore the seas
>too early to explore space
>just in time for ai girlfriend before nuclear apocalypse
>>
>>62232492
>the demand for ai engineers will increase
What does an AI engineer actually do? Surely once the AI is built it'll largely be able to maintain itself at which point you'll be out of a job.
>>
>>62232120
kill yourself
>>
>>62233838
you're right, although it sounds romantic, i guess it's one of those things that are entirely different from how they are represented in media

>>62233921
i can't wait to not have to work ever again, hope i don't die until then

>>62233776
i assume you are fond of maths?
>>
>>62232120
Yes, they're called AI "engineers" and you use basically python libraries to get/examine data and come up with algorithms. The libraries wrap C++ libraries like Tensorflow.

Plenty of AI courses on edx.org or get Norvig's book on it. For bezerker AI, and you've already read SICP, then look at Adventures in Symbolic Computing by Sussman specifically his paper Art of the Propagator it's pretty awesome, but you won't likely be doing any of that most AI these days is just python libraries hoovering data, then making a decision, sending info to some API somewhere to change search results, ect.
>>
>>62235872
thank you tons anon, that gives a much clearer perspective

>edx.org
and whoa, how did i not know about this site before
>>
Finance is looking for AI and ML experts
>>
Finance is doing AIML for automated investing solutions, and customized financial advising.
Retail is using it to offer better suggestions for products people might like.
Logistics uses it to create better shipping routes and material movement.
>>
>>62236248
They are free, you only pay for 'verified track'
https://www.edx.org/course/artificial-intelligence-ai-columbiax-csmm-101x-1

That course is the official lecture vids for Norvig's book http://aima.cs.berkeley.edu/

There is also this youtube lecture list for CMU's Graduate class in AI but will be much more difficult and theory based http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~zkolter/course/15-780-s14/lectures.html (youtube lectures at bottom)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.