[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone make sense of these errors? Trying to revive this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170903_140803.jpg (2MB, 1800x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170903_140803.jpg
2MB, 1800x3200px
Can anyone make sense of these errors? Trying to revive this old Z8300 tablet and it's reporting all these weird partitions that I can't remove.
>>
Bump, someone help me out here. I just want to wipe the memory entirely but nothing seems to work.
>>
>>62227413
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/partitioning#Partition_table

Format with fdisk/gdisk. Then install a new Operating System other than Mac.
>>
>>62227514
Thanks, I'm trying to zero the drive right now with sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0 the weird part is that gparted shows sda2 as having 30GB of unallocated space, the tablets internal mem was 32gb and the live usb is only 8GB, could it be reporting the wrong drives?
>>
Do you... not know how to take a screenshot?
>>
>>62227582
The tablet has no internet connection.
>>
Use lsblk to list the partitions and you gotta mount the partition before you write to it...
>>
>>62227695
my zero command returned successful after about 10 minutes with (7.2GB,7.8GB) didn't seem to do anything though.
>>
>>62227413
Did you mount it first?
>>
>>62227413
>windows logo on tablet
>Ubuntu OS
>Apple/Mac filesystem

What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>62227721
i didn't, please be patient with me i'm drunk and have autism

>>62227728
it was a win10/android dualboot but both corrupted and i'm trying to get it working again, no fucking clue where the apple comes from though
>>
you can use status=progress to see what dd is doing.
>>
If you want to wipe the on-board storage, and you're using an Ubuntu LiveUSB, just use gparted. Select "/dev/sda" from the gparted dropdown menu, select which partitions you want to delete, then click on "Edit -> Apply All Operations", and the partitions will be deleted. After that, install Ubuntu, or whatever distro you want.
>>
Try to remove partition table and reset the disk label. Post pics of your sweet boipucci pls
parted /dev/foo
rm 1 ...
mklabel gpt
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.