[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just ordered a raspberry pi. Am I in for a treat, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: raspberry-pi-logo.png (41KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry-pi-logo.png
41KB, 620x350px
Just ordered a raspberry pi. Am I in for a treat, /g/?
>>
>>62216297
>>
Do you actually have a plan for it or are you going to put it on a shelf to collect dust or use it as a low-spec desktop machine that you'll quickly get tired of because you already have a decent machine?
>>
Coming next:

Hey lads, so i got a rPi, what do i do with it?
>>
File: 11.jpg (12KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
12KB, 300x250px
You're in for the greatest adventure of your life OP.
>>
>>62216329
>>62216355
I going to make it into a retropi and perhaps do some streaming with an external hdd

put it will probably collect some dust, yeah

I am a noob with computers
>>
>>62216393

kek

Seriously though, I would install linux on it and play some movies with full control over quality. Or maybe have some fun with PS/PS2 emulators. I'm not sure the hardware could handle it though.
>>
>>62216297
>Am I in for a treat?
Not really. You could always use it to program some cute expression with LEDs for your fursuit mask though.
>>
>>62216297
Can I use retropi and another OS on the same micro SD card?
>>
>>62216423
Not strong enough for PS2, but can play PSX.

>>62216437
Yes.
>>
>>62216647
>Yes.
cool. what os do you recommend? windows?
>>
>>62216683
Depends on what you want to use the Pi for (development, scripting, media box, web server, IoT, ...). You can find a bunch of OSes on the official site. I don't think there's too much point installing Windows on it unless you're a C# dev.
>>
>>62216297
Me too!
>>
>>62216770
media box prabably
>>
Make pirate box with it.
>>
>>62216815
You could try LibreElec then.
>>
>>62216297
MI6 botnet
>>
>>62216891
w-what?
>>
File: 1445815082651.jpg (39KB, 395x578px) Image search: [Google]
1445815082651.jpg
39KB, 395x578px
I will make a new thread when I get it and set it up
>>
My son, you bought a pi.
Now you can have a cheap computer full of possibilities.
Or a retrogaymer box.
>>
Tell me about that thing. Can I connect my hdd to it? How much does it cost?
>>
>>62217317
it has 4 usb ports. you need a micro sd card. it costs like 30 bucks on its own. like 70-80 with other things needed
>>
The future is now. I know a man that sell his flat to buy a computer in 90's.
>>
>>62217221
I am moderately excited desu
>>
Just put mine on eBay after having it collect dust for a year
>>
Right I'm thinking of buying one of these to hook up to the downstairs tv to so I can stream videos.

Would this work?
>>
>>62216297
I have a Pi3 with Retropie but I ended up just using my PC and softmodded Wii for emulation
>>
Brace for disappointment when you realize just how slow the thing is. Can't even properly install binary packages on Raspbian without taking ages. Imagine installing Gentoo on one.
>>
im planning to build a uv sla 3d printer with my rpi using nanodlp
>>
>>62216297
no you are not. why? because you ask such a stupid question that implies that you have absolutely no clue. you just threw 35$ out the window which you could have spend on more tendies
>>
>>62216297
No.

HTPC? Buy a HDMI cable, connect your PC to the TV.
Retrogaming? Just use your PC.
Server/NAS/Pihole? Just connect the drive to your PC right away or run the same service in a VM.
GPIO? Bingo. The one use it has, easier to get started with than an Arduino.
>>
>>62216297
It's a bit of a gimic these days. I used mine for retropi, then realised I find pre ps2 games boring. I also planned to do some physical computing too, but bought a knock off arduino for £5 due to the fact that it's more convenient to program with.

On the upside, I learned a little about Linux from setting up samba. Less than I did from using Linux mint as my main OS though.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.