[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a CS Job and Work From Home and Be Able to Survive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

>>
>>62215786
No.
>>
>>62215786
Yes.
>>
>>62215786
Maybe.
>>
>>62215786
It depends.
>>
>>62215786
Probably.
>>
>>62215786
Probably.
>>
yes, there's plenty of remote companies out there, BUT because they're remote, they have a larger pool to pick from, and so you need to know your shit. inverting a binary tree? you better know how to.
>>
>>62215786
Some places will let you work from home if you request it.
>>
What about freelancing? Like android app dev?
>>
It helps if you have some experience. The easiest way is to start working for a company and request to work from home after 6-12 months.
>>
>>62215786
no.
>>
>>62217683
better go for iOS unless you're living in the 3rd world
more money in that
>>
>>62215786

Many places are open to it if you've worked for them for a bit and you've proven yourself

They have to know you're disciplined and can get shit done first

Word of warning with remote work you really do lose the ability to Network and relationship building is harder

I'm full remote and it has is ups and downs
>>
>>62217742
is the job comfy like what I'd imagine?
>>
>>62217856

typical day assuming I don't have early calls

>wake up at 7:30 get dressed and shower quick >breakfast
>start work at about 8
>code for 4 hours
>break go for a run or lift depending on day
>get Lunch
>code for another 5 hours and answer emails
>turn off work PC around 6

its variable depending on the day and sometimes when I'm on stupid conference calls I don't need to be on I can play Overwatch on mute or do laundry

I get way less shoulder taps but I have higher expectations on projects and honestly I'm probably not getting paid what I would make if I was at the Home Office full time

The company I work has signaled they want to cut Operating Costs by a ton this year and hired a ton of devs out of Bangalore

The competition as of recently has been stressful I'm way more expensive then they are and most are more than happy to relocate

Most of them are awful with terrible people skills but a few are really good

It can be hard to have that separation from Work and Home Life when you work in the same few rooms all day

but less Office BS which is nice
>>
>>62217856
i used to do remote work. it's really really comfy for the first few months, but you start getting stir crazy after a while.
>>
File: 0000000.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
0000000.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>62218327
How does it compare to being a NEET and sending 20 resumes a day?
>>
>>62218341
it's similar i guess? never really been a neet for very long. but there's less existential dread, and more money.
>>
>>62218341

I was a NEET for 6 months after school doing the same thing man hang in there it will get better

Have someone double check your resume and make sure you are taloring it to each job posting

be okay moving far away and try big companies

but to answer your question remote work is nothing like being a NEET

>>62218327
This guy is right you do lose the Social aspect of work..

>hey lets grab Lunch or Coffee

I'm met some cool people and opportunities that way

you really have to make sure you fill that social void otherwise isolation can do weird things to people
>>
Why would you want to work from home? It's nice getting out and flirt and with the ladies at the office.
>>
>>62217667
>omg inverting a binary tree that's so hard
>>
>>62218341

one more thing man make sure you are getting out and getting regular exercise

That more than anything helped my confidence, ability to maintain a normal sleep cycle, and to eventually break the NEET chain

keep doing side projects and maintain repos go to the library of coffee shops to get out for a few hours
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.