[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay m8s hear me out here, I have a Note 4 and while everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1503941963428.jpg (62KB, 960x839px) Image search: [Google]
1503941963428.jpg
62KB, 960x839px
Okay m8s hear me out here,

I have a Note 4 and while everything is great about it the fingerprint reader is absolute cancer. I get the swiping gesture right about 10% of the time. I love Samsung's new touch based fingerprint sensors, and it's driving me crazy

So I searched for a bit and found out that the Note 4 and S6 fingerprint/home button assemblies all have the same connectors and wires (of course the sensor is different, but its the same size). My question is, if I replace the N4 sensor with an S6 one would it work? Keep in mind I said the same size, connectors and wires
>>
>>62210326
>fingerprint reader
>using an unchangeable permanent physical object as a password
>giving your data to the NSA
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>62210404
Come on man, help me out here
>>
>>62210326
Not your personal tech support. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>62210466
Sorry I interrupted you from your fedoralord linux circlejerk
>>
bump

Help niggas I dont know who to ask
>>
>>62210480
You're not excused.
Live with this.
>>
>>62211189
Oh the horror

Now seriously do you have any idea if that's possible?
>>
>>62210326
>>62210404
>>62210466
>>62211189
The reason you're not getting awnsers because nobody in /g/ has no real experience with hardware, most just shitpost their shitty gpu and cpu benchmarks and whine about hur dur privacy because muricucks arent allowed any.
>>
>>62210326
You'll get better help on Reddit. This place is for shit posting
>>
>>62210326
It depends if it's recognized under android as the same time of device and if the system would accept it.
>>
>>62211411
cont. to this

Admitting, i have no experience with your problem, but if the connectors match, i see why it shouldnt, even if they're assembled the same way, if you can find the home button online, doesnt really hurt to try.
>>
>>62211459
type*
>>
>>62211464
Problem usually isn't hardware it's mostly software or firmware based.
>>
>>62211459
This, OP. I've connected nonstandard cameras to no avail, as despite the connection being identical, the OS did not recognize it. It may be something as simple as having the right 'driver', however you'll have to do some research as to how Android recognizes foreign devices.

That being said, go for it. You may learn something new and become a legend in your own right for making it work.
>>
>>62211501
Odd's are you can get the drivers from the s6.
>>
It 100% won't work. Phones are not like PC's, you will need to change the firmware and software in your kernel and even though its not difficult I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself without any prior experience. Just lost this question in XDA, there are some very bright people there.
>>
>>62211411
>>62211432
kek

>>62211459
>>62211464
Thing is they're ecactly the same, the only thing different is the little turd that goes under the home button

>>62211483
Well I use a Note 5 port and the fingerprint registering process uses the S6 type scanner images, it says to just touch instead of swipe. I'll try

>>62211564
Lots of poo's there but yeah some of them are smart. Gonna try there too
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.