[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portable Music Players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: walnutv2.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
walnutv2.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
Are pmps just pocket fedoras? I really wanted this for like podcasts and long mixes but everyone at the gym told me I was crazy for not using my phone
>>
File: 1503437228665.png (988KB, 938x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1503437228665.png
988KB, 938x1250px
>>62209643
the pmps /g/ use are not even worthy of being called pocket fedoras.
If you want to show off, just buy A&K stuff
>>
>>62209643
consumerist
>>
File: 0.jpg (170KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
170KB, 1200x900px
>Are pmps just pocket fedoras?

Yes.

*tips*
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>62209643
well, smartphones did sort of replace portable players, cameras, watches, metronome, car gps.. etc

but crazy is strapping a 5inch expensive glass slab to your hips while you sweat and turn your body in all sorts of positions.

if youre using anything but pic, youre just dumb or a social media selfie normie whore
>>
>>62210393
whats the cute black pmp ?
>>
>>62210416
shanling m1
>>
>>62209973
Never change my anon.
>>
>>62210396
Excuse me, but it sounds just awful. Better but Benjie K9 though.
>>
>>62210482
>Better but
Better buy*
>>
>>62209643
i have a sandisk clip as a beater (i just leave it in my car even in the summer) and a FiiO X3 for something fancier

i probably should take care of my sandisk clip better since those are discontinued already but eh it's rugged as fuck already
>>
>>62210523
hows the batt life on your x3 after a while of use? I've seen complaints about interface for fiio players but really how bad could they be, what do people expect for these things
>>
>>62210554
to be honest, i use my sandisk clip more since I need a PMP for my half-hour commutes which would otherwise kill my phone battery. I've probably only use my X3 for a few hours with the past couple weeks (moving around the house, library, .etc). People complaining about the interface are probably complaining about the switch to touchscreens, but I think that was the 2nd gen X1 or something though?

To be honest I can't really hear a difference with my tracks and gears between the X3 and Clip. The main reason I got an X3 is more because I find the larger screen and wheel much more convenient for me when shuffling around my music. The ancient Sandisk Clip isn't very fast either. The X3 is good enough that I'm not going to bother rockboxing it, but that's just me. I was never utilizing my X3 or my Rockbox clip's features that much in the first place (i don't even use playlists).
>>
>>62209643
>Walnut V2
>needing to strip id3 tags and shit to avoid having clicks and pops at the end of your tracks
If it wasn't for that, it would be pretty neat.
>>
>>62209643

Is there a legit noticeable sound difference or am I just being memed on?
>>
>>62210482
>Benjie K9
nah,
-display, a huge +-2inch colour display,
-lossless and shit
if you want to hold a music library in it, just use your phone, the purpose of the simplistic no-display clamp-player is to just play from a small set of whatever you want to hear for some specific situations gym jogging bike... and its $10 or less, you couldn't care less about pressing it with sweaty fingers or keep cycling under soaking rain
>>
why did apple stop producing shuffles?
>>
File: ipodshuffleclone.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ipodshuffleclone.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>62210396
Same, lad.
Although, I wish I had a device with Rockbox for a little bit more OOMPH.
Plus, my 3'5mm jack kinda is wearing off from continuous usage.

I really don't want some HiFi beast because I know I won't care about it. I'd much rather have a device that has a decent battery life and which is sturdy enough to take on hikes.
I sometimes use my Nokia 101 (Dumbphone) with a SD card for music, but it just doesn't cut it since it can't fast forward and the interface isn't designed to be used as a PMP device.

TL;DR: Need a cheap, sturdy enough device which sacrifices audio quality over battery life.
Any suggestions, /pmp/?
>>
Any alternatives to iPod shuffle preferably with a ability for more storage and waterproofing options?
>>
>>62210757
Depending on the hardware yes.

I'm also more willing to use larger files and not stream music when using a dap vs. a phone so there's that.
>>
>>62210393
Aesthetic
>>
>>62210393
I've noticed you in the last couple of threads and i can never seem to get sick of seeing that shanling m1. So cute!. I got to get me one.

I have a few questions:
>Do you feel its worth its price point?
>How is the display outdoors?
>Have you tried bluetooth mode out? Whats your experience with it?
>>
Any owners of the Benjie T6 here? I'm getting a pretty bad hiss when I use it with sensitive iems (Audio technica IM02) and I was wondering if it was normal.
>>
>>62209643
I have always wanted to buy one but I sort my music groups>albums>songs. Are there any folder browsing options?
>>
>>62209643
>listejing to tech opinions from gym bros
>>
>>62212704
>Do you feel its worth its price point?

Hard to say. I'm no daplord but people who know way more about digital audio than me seem to like it. It can also be used as a USB DAC which I think some people like. I probably could have spent less on something and been satisfied but I also don't think it was that much for this.

>How is the display outdoors?
Good, can get pretty bright but I don't really look at the screen that often to save battery.

>Have you tried bluetooth mode out? Whats your experience with it?
If you mean the new thing they added where you can control it from your phone then no sorry. It seems convenient from what I've seen but I never use it in a way where I'd need to use that feature.
>>
>>62210396
I have one its give my ears cancer with constant white noise
>>
>>62213334
cheers
>>
>>62210396
>if youre using anything but pic, youre just dumb or a social media selfie normie whore

I dare you to visit some normie gym in an average sized town/city. Half the people there just sit and browse shit on their phones, its exactly same in the free weights area
>>
>>62213964
wut?
>>
>>62210393
This thing would be awesome with a clip on the back so i could clip it to my shirt/pants. Anyone know of any good adhesive clips i can stick on the back of one of these?
>>
>>62216451
If you clip it expect to fumble with the controls, especially the wheel.
They also have a official leather case and an armband.
>>
>>62209643
Nice vape bro, where did you get it? It has an mp3 player built-in? This is the best thing ever!
>>
>>62210393
What iems did you use again, didn't check back before thread died.
>>
>>62217151
Tenmak pro
>>
>>62213712
>constant white noise
im assuming you did try it with earphones that work perfectly in other devices...
also its a 3 contact pin and not a 4 contanct (like a telephone) right?

no problem with mine, its some brandless shit too, perhaps try the brand "$8" instead of "$7" brand, or the other way around, these disposable shit sometimes you need to buy 2 to get one without defects.
>>
>>62213964
>Half the people there just sit and browse shit on their phones,
exactly, they dont use a pmp not because they cant be bothered with it, but becuse they cant just work out for an hour without their social media or taking pictures
>>
>>62210757
depends on source files and headphones/iems, if your headphones/iems are driveable with a phones, there will be no difference in that regard, if your phone doesn't have a good dac, this could also be an issue. overall, yes they are better, but will you have the hardware or files to notice is the question

personally, if you are in a gym/working out, you should be using shit that is good enough to get you by but cheap enough to not be a loss when something breaks.

>>62213134
If its not, get some cheap used cards that are sub 1gb and use them as your audio sorting needs.

>>62209643
My little brother a few years back had a habit of not charging his phone and using it for everything. Then he got in an accident, nothing life threatening, but having a car that's useless till repaired, and no phone in the middle of fucking nowhere at 3am was a big enough kick in the ass to get a tracphone, and just have it always charging in his car, that way when 911 needs to be called, he can get through and not worry about his main phones charge.

If you use a smartphone for everything, EVERYONE should have one of these cheap as fuck phones just for a 911 situation.

personally, I want my devices separate, my phone is a phone, my gps is a gps, my music is my music.
>>
Any advice on buying an ipod classic on craigslist? Is playing a song really all there is to check for?
>>
>>62210879
Because they're less profitable than iPhones and touches
>>
>>62218888
Dunno, white noise white multiple iems not with headphones, it was 1$.
>>
Fiio X5 III owner. What do I do when battery die?
>>
Is there any that i can buy with 50$ that is worth it?
>>
>>62223349
benjie t6
>>
>>62223467
>benjie t6
Is it better than Xduoo X2?
>>
>>62220110
>Because they're less profitable than iPhones and touches
Mostly since people stopped buying them.
>>
>>62209643
I've tried ditching mine twice (during Symbian era, then during Android era)

Difference in battery life is INSANE

Only thing I miss is that I can't scrobble from my mp3 player because it's a dumb brick
>>
>>62213964
what else are you gonna do between sets. wait?
>>
>>62209643
Your gymbros are retarded, why risk dropping and breaking your phone or getting it soaked in sweat?
>>
>>62223594
My main reason for not getting an mp3 player has always been that the rated battery life is around 10 hours or less.

My Galaxy S5 can play music for longer than that, AND be a phone.

If there is actually an mp3 player that has more like 30+hrs playback, I would consider getting it.
>>
>>62224736
Benjie S5
>>
>>62224828
>Benjie S5
>58 hours playback

Now we're fucking talking.
>>
>>62224736
There are players even with 100+ hours playback

Mine has ~12 hours but it charges in 10 from a USB port, no phone can do that
>>
>>62225016
*in 10 minutes

This means even if I forgot to charge it, I still can do that before I leave, under any circumstances
>>
>>62224828
>Benjie S5

do you think this shit is real? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-BENJIE-S5-real-8GB-lossless-HiFi-MP3-Music-player-Touch-screen-High-sound-quality-metal/1157933_32689821573.html
>>
>>62225057
looks like Ruizu x05
>>
Why should I waste my phone battery time on music? I have a clip for that. Works well, and my phone battery doesn't suffer.
>>
>>62225016
Is the SanDisk clip any good?
>>
>>62209643
>are pmps just pocket fedoras?
yes.
>>
>>62209643

the engraving looks so bad and cheap
>>
File: BlAjp4kCIAAov1a.jpg (70KB, 599x797px) Image search: [Google]
BlAjp4kCIAAov1a.jpg
70KB, 599x797px
>not using a record plyaer
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.