[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blackberry Passport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: blackberry-passport-3_2040.0.jpg (509KB, 2040x1360px) Image search: [Google]
blackberry-passport-3_2040.0.jpg
509KB, 2040x1360px
Are these decent? Or are they meme?

My original Nexus 5 is dying for real finally, sim card drops out constantly forcing me to restart. Battery life is randomly abysmal. Mouth piece doesn't work . . Etc etc.

At $180 the passport is tempting. Or should I just grab another Nexus 5?
>>
>>62201908
As somebody who loves his passport I tell you: Get something different.
It's a great phone, really, and if bb didn't abandon BBOS10 it might be worth trying, but as of now, the OS isn't on par with android at all.

If you want a keyboard, get either the keyone or a Moto Z and later the keybaord mod
>>
>>62201908
They're incredible
>>
>>62201908
I did have it for a time but now I recommend at least the Priv, nor the KEYone if you got the money. The pri however does lag a little on apps like fb and shit
>>
>>62202063
Sent from my BlackBerry Priv. The most secure device ever.
>>
>>62202063
PRIV seems viable. It's Android based right? It's near the same price as a 5x though . . .
>>
>>62201908
redmi note 2

don't be a phone cuck
>>
>>62202906
How does getting the Passport make you a cuck? How does getting a worse phone make you not a cuck?
>>
OP here . . I did it. I ordered a Priv . . . Yo better not have failed me /g/
>>
I really want a blackberry keyone. As with all bb products they are commerical failures and prices plummet after a few months
>>
>>62201908
>Are these decent?
They were okay, but not for the price.
>>
>>62202949
The Priv gets really hot and has crappy battery life. Wait for the keyone to get cheaper.
>>
>>62202266
build quality and software is shit on the PRIV compared to other phones. Avoid it.
>>
>>62201908
get a passport or a classic if you don't care about phone gayming. the native software that it ships with and several apps from BBWorld are stellar (especially office / productivity and sync apps). most android apps have a relatively recent version that'll work fine through the runtime. those are the two best phones i've ever used, and i still use my classic as my daily driver.

alternatively the keyone looks really good and you could wait a couple of months 'til it drops like a hundred or more dollars in price.
>>
>>62203599
>if you don't care about phone gayming
I love using my Passport for games. The large 1:1 screen makes using touchscreen controls a lot less shitty and is a closer fit to 4:3, plus the keyboard's great for emulators
>>
>>62203688
i forgot about that killer RetroArch emulator! i just meant like the latest android games.
>>
>>62203773
I don't know how demanding modern games are but Goat Simulator and GTA run well
>>
>>62201908
i picked palmos when everyone started loving winmo. then, i picked winmo when everyone jumped on android. then i used android for a good while, and then i jumped into bbos right before it died off. don't follow my path, don't get friendly with dead operating systems. you'll find nothing but pain, especially since bbos is amazing os that i would still use if it wouldn't be dead
>>
do they make a dvorak version?
>>
>>62201908
I'm using a passport as my daily for almost 2 years now and it's doing fine, love the keyboard and what you can do with the touch/type inputs. Build quality is great, the battery on mine is getting a little weak (it's at 30% after 9 hours of non-stop usage with apps and browsing).
The only thing why I wouldn't buy another one is the future-proofness. And I wouldn't recommend it to my normie/ tech-illiterate friends because putting android apps on it can be a little more demanding than downloading stuff from the appstore
>>
>>62201908
They're old.
Made out of explodium.
Awkward in your pockets.
Too much BB cancer software.

We had them at work and all of them returned shattered.

If you need a physical keyboard get a Samsung and a physical keyboard case.
>>
>>62204190
the fuck are you referring to?
do they use cheap china batteries or what?
>>
>>62204226
No, drop it once and it will shatter.
>>
File: Galaxy S7 atrocity.jpg (66KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy S7 atrocity.jpg
66KB, 940x627px
>>62204190
>If you need a physical keyboard get a Samsung and a physical keyboard case
Top fucking kek
>>
>>62201908
What i hate is that you can't root or put custom roms on the passport, priv, keyone or any other android phone with keyboard.
>>
>>62201908
They're nice but in its current state it's a bit hard to use if you rely on Android apps
>>
File: Screenshot_20170902-000638.png (148KB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170902-000638.png
148KB, 1080x1620px
>>62202083
Replied from my keyone
>>
>>62204265
Dropped my passport SE several times on concrete
Jack shit happened
Very few scratches too thanks to the stainless steel construction
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.