[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mic volume too low

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: h110-gallery.jpg (35KB, 652x560px) Image search: [Google]
h110-gallery.jpg
35KB, 652x560px
i'm getting tired of this shit. whatever microphone i try the volume is just too low. have to shout or literally put the mic in my mouth so people can hear me.

tried few mics. from the old good ones to usb. it's always so low volume. does anyone have a fix for that. could it be just the mobo? assrock 770. and using w10. yea yea bot net whatever.
>>
>>62201751
You fucking realize that Windows sets microphones to ~52% gain by default, right?

Go turn that shit up in the sound settings.

Idiot.
>>
>>62201974
it's already at 100%
>>
File: 1500285125361.png (9KB, 433x253px) Image search: [Google]
1500285125361.png
9KB, 433x253px
>>62202100
screen cap this
>>
>>62202128
turn on microphone boost
>>
>>62202143
I don't need to boost it since I'm not a poorfag.
I do not use the front since I use my AI with my AT2020.
>>
File: mic.jpg (7KB, 400x329px) Image search: [Google]
mic.jpg
7KB, 400x329px
>>62202128
>>
File: spongebob quote.jpg (34KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob quote.jpg
34KB, 680x440px
>>62202179
mIkRoFoNi
>>
>>62202179
Looks like the problem is on your board, have you tried to go to mobo's manufacturer for the drivers?

If that doesn't do the trick, try to buy an external audio interface. Not the ones at 150$++ but the mini ones that you can plug into an USB that are worth 3$.
>>
>>62202206
tried one of those and didn't make any difference. can't even remember if it worked at all. some random chinese usb to 3.5mm headphone and mic thing.

it's just weird. from my so called research a lot of people seem to have similar issue but no fix.
>>
>>62202320
Sounds rather odd. From your research, people had the same motherboard?

Sometimes that chink tricks works, makes me wonder what's happening. You said you had the drivers, tried this.. makes me wonder where lies that problem.

When you record yourself, on the window's microphone or Audacity or whatever you're using, can you hear yourself well or is it only on the software you're trying to uses with others? (Skype, Discord, whatever)
>>
A lot of motherboards lack an amplifier for the mic, it's pretty shit. Get a real soundcard (internal or external) or decent audio interface.
>>
>>62202369
don't know about which motherboard they were using. probably not the same one.

and no i can't hear myself well if i try to record on audacity or on the build in windows voice recorder and people on discord etc. have problems hearing me.
>>
>>62201751
Stop using gaming headsets (aka upsold $0.50 chinese mics) and buy a decent USB mic or XLR with dac.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.