[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1469941373397.gif (28KB, 459x401px) Image search: [Google]
1469941373397.gif
28KB, 459x401px
What went wrong with pic related?
>>
>>62201071
What didn't go wrong....
>>
>>62201130
But normie liked it as a meme
>>
nothing went wrong with it
>>
He didn't have enough water with his whisky.
>>
jewish lies
>>
Shit is so ca$h, nothing is wrong with it, you just suck.
>>
I can tell you're unemployed
>>
>>62201071
Hey, if I've already finished C, do you think I can learn this?
>>
>>62201429
>I've already finished C
better kys.
>>
>>62201071
It's there only because people had been using it since they distributed it in diskettes; and now there are cheaper and more versatile alternatives like Python + Numpy.
>>
It looks like an erect penis under sheets
>>
>>62202287
>more versatile alternatives
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>62201071
I like it as a meme and as a tool for prototyping.
>>
Its a gif but it doesn't move.
>>
>>62202347
>A laugh is an argument
ok
>>
>>62202288
that's the first thing that came to my mind
>>
>>62202287

> Python + Numpy.

MATLAB have a far better tooling for engineering and scientific stuff.
>>
R
>>
>>62202287
I had to buy Matlab for school and I decided I should give python + numpy a go but damn is declaring and doing anything such a pain in the ass compared to Matlab.

If you know you are going to do just math stuff, Matlab is fine. It breaks down really fast and becomes inconvenient when you want to do stuff you'd normally use python for though. $100 for a Matlab license is also mega Jew tier
>>
>>62201071
Scholar google
10 out of 10 scientific papers use it, even some publicised in 2017 use 2009 ver

It simple easy to use and easy to do physic computation, super easy emulate complex neural network like Narx to solve time series problem
Have simulink which is superb easy to research signal processing and advance control algorithm fun simulate many real time problems

If C/C++ and many other language are for development. Matlab is a great candidate for Research

/g/ is a board of reasearch and development of technology.

Why dont you have it in your PC, anon?
>>
File: 1478795386100.jpg (40KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
1478795386100.jpg
40KB, 300x263px
Array indexing starting from 1 instead of 0
There, I said it. You can now delete this thread since the answer has been given.
>>
>>62201071
If you want, you can get the source code to oldschool Matlab in the Research Unix tarballs which were dropped a couple months ago. Works fine.

t. ancient unix porting tard
>>
>>62201071
I like it because I don't have to sit around declaring variable types for 30 minutes before I start actually solving the fuckin problem
>>
>>62203039
Not using Octave like a freetard
>>
Of all the languages I've learnt, Matlab was the easiest to get a grip on. Only real problem with it is array indexing, as >>62204166 said, but maybe that's just because I come from a Perly background. Everyone else I know doesn't understand why you would start at 0; "but the array begins with the FIRST element, anon!"

Price is a bit dubious, especially if you start adding on those toolkits, apps, and extensions. Granted, they are expertly made, but it's still quite expensive. Luckily my uni (and later, research institute) pays the license for me.

It's proprietary, sure, but better than Octave nonetheless.
>>
Nothing.
>>
>>62203609

Researcher here, there's nothing in Matlab that I can't get out of Python or R.

>>62204333

You can get that out of any dynamic programming language.
>>
>>62202830
This. Matlab is to R like Windows is to Linux. Lot of normies use it and it's good, but for some deeper shit you're only gonna find packages for R.
>>
File: Rlogo[1].png (32KB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
Rlogo[1].png
32KB, 200x155px
use R
>>
>>62202287
Yeah it just became unpopular not due to it's own fault it's just that most people use different tools for some use cases that matlab supports.

Regardless it's probably more used now that ever before even if a very small fraction of people in STEM use it.
>>
expensive
proprietary
slow

and some of the problems fed one another (couldn't be improved reliably due to being proprietary for example)

these days, it doesn't make sense to pay to use the stack. companies can only get away with charging for support. even microsoft will have to stop selling windows eventually (they were already halfway there with the way they were giving windows 10 copies)
>>
>>62201071
Nothing wrong with matlab.

>>62202733
Not really though, except very specific workflows. Matlab is good tho.
>>
>>62201071
>babbys first programming
>>
>>62202391
Problems start when the prototype becomes the only tool for a task, and reading the 1mb data in alone takes 10 seconds. And you have 1k of these sets.
>>
File: 1491241951171.gif (902KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1491241951171.gif
902KB, 500x494px
>>62204166
I love [1..N] anon shut up
>>
>cumtrapz

Look it up.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.