[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to torrent some shit but I don't want Commiecast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: dw3M5hU.jpg (143KB, 473x493px) Image search: [Google]
dw3M5hU.jpg
143KB, 473x493px
I want to torrent some shit but I don't want Commiecast to see what I'm torrenting. I don't want to use Tor because it'll kill my speeds and I don't trust VPNs either. I've also heard that the encryption feature in most torrent clients won't hide what is being downloaded either.

Any other solutions, /g/?
>>
Just buy it.
>>
>>62200473
>Help me do (x), but no (y) allowed!
Sounds like you know what you want, so do your own fucking research.
>>
>>62200536
I just dunno what else there is out there, anon. I don't know what else to start researching.

The only ways of anonymization on the Internet I know of are Tor, VPN/proxy, or some type of encryption. I'm hoping for encryption since I wouldn't get a speed slow down, but some quick searches for bittorrent encryption tell me to use a VPN or the built-in encryption from a torrent client (which, as I said, I heard doesn't work). Looking around further gets me more VPN/Tor/built-in encryption shit.

Point me in the direction of something else and I'll look into it. Or, if there isn't any other solution outside of Tor/VPN, just tell me and I'll be done with it.
>>
get a seedbox like whatbox.ca
then transfer the files using sftp
>>
Rent a seedbox or an VPS service.
Then download whatever you want there, and transfer it using some sort of encrypted method.
Eg. SFTP
>>
>>62200473
cockbox
>>
>>62200473
You're a fucking retard
>>
>>62200473
McDonald's wifi
>>
>>62200797
No u
>>
comcast doesn't give a fuck what you're torrenting unless someone complains to them

so just only torrent things that nobody cares about like anime and comic books
>>
>>62200756
>>62200760
Sweet, didn't know these existed. Might pick up a couple months of whatbox and just mass download everything I can possibly think of.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>62201012
You might as well use a VPN. You're still putting trust in a third party.
>>
File: x4TTr78.jpg (77KB, 792x651px) Image search: [Google]
x4TTr78.jpg
77KB, 792x651px
>>62200881
Looking to pick up some software. A few of them cost >$300 and I'm sure as hell am not willing to shell out that much cash for one program, let alone thousands altogether for multiple programs.

I'm very sure somebody would notice and shoot me a few letters if I tried downloading right now.
>>
>>62201115
Eh, that's true now that you mention it. Suppose the advantage of a seedbox would be that I can pay in bitcoin. SFTP would log my IP though.

Jeez, now I feel like I'm back where I started.
What do?
>>
>>62201173
pick one you trust
>>
File: kIZ8xkb.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
kIZ8xkb.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>62200480
>>
>>62201012
>>62201115
i can vouch for whatbox, have been using them for 3 years now.

on private trackers i have uploaded around 15 terabyte and downloaded maybe 0.5TB. whatbox won't care as long as no one else complains about your uploads. i got two copyright complaints (i used to download from public trackers occasionally), all i had to do was delete the files from their servers within 24 hours and that was the end of it. just make sure to pick the servers located in europe and you'll be fine. i think they care very little about piracy in the netherlands.

what's really nice is that when i forgot to pay for a month or two once, i came back and my files were still on the server. i don't think they delete anything unless they have to. and there's a softlimit on your storage, so if you use too much, you still have a day to delete some files and make room. i am very happy with their service so far.

but you're right, a vpn would accomplish the same thing. i decided to get a seedbox instead since it makes seeding on private trackers as easy as it gets. if you don't use private trackers, you might want to get a vpn instead.
>>
>>62200473
>I don't want to use To
Good, never torrent over To
>I don't trust VPNs
Use a fucking VPN retard
>>
>>62201117
If you get into a private tracker it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>62200473
>Using Tor for torrents
Are you retarded?

Aggregate your traffic in a VPN.
>>
>>62201253
Cool to hear from somebody who uses it. Makes me feel a bit better. I'll have to weigh my options a bit more before making a decision.

>>62201391
I've scrolled past /ptg/ a bunch of times and never really looked into what the whole private tracker thing. Never really wanted to hardcore torrent shit before.
Any suggestions or tips? Would it be worth it to even join one if all I want are a bunch of programs now and a bunch of movies and music every couple months? A quick look around gives me the impression that joining a private tracker is only worth it if I'd be constantly torrenting shit.
>>
File: 1500106673323.png (295KB, 581x692px) Image search: [Google]
1500106673323.png
295KB, 581x692px
>>62201414
>Are you retarded?
Yeah, mildly.
>>
>>62200473 Run your own VPN on a VPS. It's cheaper (5$/month) and faster (100+mbit all day long, 8+tb of datacap and less than 30ms ping).
>>
>>62200473
Bittorrent over Tor generally doesn't work. By that I mean your torrent will download slowly but you want have any of the protection Tor offers. Just use a VPN. Mr. NSA isn't gonna get your IP from them because you pirated GoT.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.