[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time to break up Google? Note the nota benes because you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: itstime.png (8KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
itstime.png
8KB, 1600x900px
Is it time to break up Google?

Note the nota benes because you fags are festering with divisive memes. See this derailed thread >>62185692
>>
>nota benes
i don't know what this means, you stupid college educated bourgeoisie shitcunt
>>
Here's a sample would-be divider:
>>62189582
Notice how he tries to direct discussion towards infighting rather than the topic.
>>
File: IMG_0376.jpg (141KB, 728x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
141KB, 728x550px
>>62189545
>Thoughts?
>>
>>62189625
Android is through and through Google's. Even mods need Google services to run.
>>
>>62189648
No, I mean what are the alternatives. Unless you are suggesting not using smart phones altogether?
>>
>>62189683
All of Google's services including Android are funded by its advertising. If you want to fuck Google over, not using Android won't make any difference except for data collection, but they don't care about you anyway. Breaking Google means breaking its ad revenue.
>>
>>62189648
>Android
This is the main problem, everything else can be fixed one at a time using alternative services.
>>
File: 1503373174923.png (64KB, 616x559px) Image search: [Google]
1503373174923.png
64KB, 616x559px
>>62189738
android is also a mean of ad delivery to them
it's probably a non negligeable part of their income
>>
>>62189763
see
>>62189738
>Breaking Google means breaking its ad revenue.
>>
>>62189545
>that font rendering
Nice aliasing faggot
>>
>>62189774
you're right
>>
>>62189809
note the filesize tho
>>
I don't know. How would you even start that?
I think it's better to focus on building distributed and user-controlled alternatives to their services and, once those get good enough, people will migrate to them organically.
>>
>>62189545
>bringing up /pol/ or sjw's
Get the fuck out moron. Google is already a subsidiary of Alphabet and is likely to get split off in the future anyway.
>>
>>62189862
market forces don't work when there's a monopoly
Google won't willingly let anyone replace them
proof: your proposed alternatives mostly already exist and people don't use them
>>
>>62189833
What's the point of a small file if it looks like ass? Are you doing TCP over carrier pigeon or something?
>>
>>62189865
>Google is going to get spun off from Alphabet
Retard alert! Retard alert!
>>
>>62189545
How exactly do you plan on changing the lazy, self-centered, narcissistic habits of the average person?

That's the beauty of making the personal information of the masses a commodity. They don't directly feel the impact and truly believe it's 'free'. Look at the adoption of Windows 10 or the fact that more than half of the people posting in this thread have legitimate Facebook accounts, most likely including you.
>>
>>62189865
Google might as well be symbolic of all the companies that push botnets with advertising money
being a subsidiary of Alphabet doesn't change that
>>
>>62189903
>mostly already exist and people don't use them
They all have flaws and more importantly they aren't normie-friendly.
As a counter example I'm pretty sure more people get their TV series and movies from torrents than google play.
>>
>>62189950
blaming human nature is fatalist
people will be just as happy to use services like >>62189862 mentions if Google didn't push their own
>>
>>62189738
Google makes most of its money (over 95%) through its contracts with the United States intelligence services. They give fake info to stockholders as a cover up.
>>
>>62189965
if we break google ads, google couldn't afford to make its normie-friendly botnets and people would migrate as with torrents
>>
>>62189965
>As a counter example I'm pretty sure more people get their TV series and movies from torrents than google play.
We're in a tech litterate buble and it's hard to understand how average users consume media

Most of my normie friends are too retarded to torrent and use various shitty streaming services, oftentimes without even adblocking
Do you know of many normies using torrents ?
>>
>>62190032
prove it
>>
>>62190060
Think about it logically. Do you really think some big company like McDonald's is gonna pay for advertising that has been proven time and time again to have no measurable impact on sales?
>>
>>62190122
i mean prove with evidence
>>
google ad servers aren't impregnable

https://www.theverge.com/2014/9/19/6537511/google-ad-network-exposed-millions-of-computers-to-malware
>>
>>62190044
>people would migrate
To where? There is no proper youtube replacement for example. There's a lot of great effort put into building decentralized alternatives but in my opinion none of them are good enough to be serious competitors.

>>62190055
>Do you know of many normies using torrents ?
I don't know anyone who doesn't know how to use torrents. I've taught some of them but the vast majority figured it on their own or had a friend explain it to them. This doesn't mean they know HOW torrents work, they just learned that they need to get a .torrent with a big number under "seeding" on a torrent site and open that in utorrent.
I guess not being braindead is a must when there is absolutely no way of watching (American) TV shows legally. (although this has changed now, I'm curious if it'll change something)
>>
>>62190145
The evidence only works if you use your brain

The only solution to Google is to bring down the US government and institute an anarcho communist system that doesn't heavily advantage large corporations and force them into doing business with big gov
>>
File: 1502874522242.jpg (198KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1502874522242.jpg
198KB, 1200x1195px
>>62189545
Don't be so full of yourself. Just because your meme frogs can help get an orange retard elected, it doesn't mean that you can do anything to meaningfully hurt Google.
>>
>>62190170
the only difference between youtube (or youtube lookalikes) and other current file hosting is that youtube lists related videos at the side
related videos make youtube more behaviorally addicting and make it an echo chamber
>>
>>62190219
The other difference is that Youtube actually works and isn't a slow piece of shit that buckles under load.
>>
>>62189582
>college educated bourgeoisie

back to the mine prole, it's where you belong.
>>
>>62189991
It's much broader than just Google and points like >>62189862 don't mean anything. Most of those alternate services exist to a large extent and people like me me use them.

For most people though what it comes down to is convenience. It's inconvenient to learn something new or make changes to your daily habits and most people are flat out lazy.

>Startpage for search
>Mailbox.org for email, paid for on general principle
>GNU/Linux for OS
>Customized web browser (Firefox) with botnet gutted, Adblocking and NoScript on a strictly whitelist approach to block web beacons
>No Facebook or social media

Some of us saw this botnet nightmare growing years ago and took simple, common sense approaches to avoid it as much as possible. The average person is not going to do that anon and you know it.
>>
further examples of shills
>>62190185
>>62190240
>>
>>62190249
Shill detected
>>
>>62190249
idk why you're here if you didn't want festering divisive memes.
>>
>>62190185

Make snowcrash real
>>
>>62190245
you're right
don't fight google services
fight google ads
>>
>>62190262
free audience
>>
So how about a video platform using webtorrents like bitchute only it'd be self hosted and federated like disapora and mastodon
Respond to dmca requests manually and only by unlisting reference to specific torrents (on 1 instance) to avoid getting reked by lawsuits

i'm sure it's possible to make this normie friendly
>>
its time to break up the search engine owned by alphabet inc? what do you break up a search engine into? or do you mean its time to break up alphabet inc?
>>
>>62189545
>and shall btfo
What? Why are reddit terms allowed all of the sudden?
>>
>>62190269
There's nothing to fight. I don't see their ads and I don't use their services to the extent possible. That hurts them far more than any 'lets get em guise' BS you're doing.
>>
>>62190292
https://webtorrent.io/faq
forgot link to webtorrent
>>
>>62190306
wise
I still wonder if there is a way of breaking google ads in mass rather than on a per-person basis
>>
>>62190292
The problem with federated networks is that the content accessible from smaller instances always ends up being somewhat controlled by the biggest host. So you may end up with broken and isolated federations which can't access everything which is very confusing for the end users.
>>
>>62190375
benign big-host merging?
>>
File: 1500788554953.jpg (111KB, 709x290px) Image search: [Google]
1500788554953.jpg
111KB, 709x290px
I want /pol/ to swallow the cyanide pill.
>>
>>62189545
Plural of "nota bene" is "notate bene", you fucking moron!
>>
>>62189648
That's what microg is for
>>
>>62190471
I don't think you have to be a moron not to know what the plural of nota bene, anon. That hurts my feelings.
>>
>>62189545
You'll never really hurt YouTube if the alternatives you suggest lack both ad revenue and content creators.
>>
>>62190411
t. botnet user
>>
>>62189545
Chink here. As I mentioned in the previous thread, "Google" is something that has a sinister meaning that has to do with Rome. Notice that for "Google" to come under the umbrella of "Alphabet" is essentially history repeating itself backwards - Rome was essentially a spin off of ancient Greece and now we are seeing the reverse of that. It is all a part of their sinister plan to reverse history and undo the accomplishments of civilization.
>>
>>62189545
Google should be broken up with gmail and gdocs being classified as utilities and regulated as such.
>>
amen /b/rothers lets do this *lowers guy fawkes mask*
>>
MS and Apple are really paying people to shill this hard on /g/?

Sad.
>>
>>62189545
yes
>>
>>62192484
t. worried alphabet shill

between this and AN you must be shitting bricks
>>
>>62190528
>just attempting to wildly guess what the plural of a foreign language expression is as opposed to researching what it actually is like an actual human being
No excuses, just KYS.
>>
The way to end Google/Alphabet is simply to escape the confines of the virtual world. What you don't take as real has no control over you. The mere belief that the virtual world is reality allows them control over you - as the Tao Te Chink says, "He who agrees with his enemy is controlled by them"
>>
Here's a sample nigger faggot:
>>62189604
Notice how he doesn't have the slightest understanding of sarcasm or irony.
>>
>>62190032
really drinkin the juice there, huh dale?
>>
>>62192484
>Sad.
/pol/tard magafag spotted
>>
>>62189545
(((Eric Schmidt)))
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.