[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you tech fags do something about google/youtube? Develop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1498513476690.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1498513476690.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
Can you tech fags do something about google/youtube? Develop its alternatives or something. We're getting our asses kicked out there.

I thought you coders were supposed to be fucking neet autists for free speech. What went wrong?
>>
>>62188020
>google
alternatives exist, duckduckgo etc bing's not bad, image/video search is much better than google's

>youtube
Never ever. It's too expensive. The only reason why youtube still exists is that google owns it and they have a shitton of money to burn. Actually making money on video hosting the way youtube does it is impossible.
>>
File: youtube-alternatives-v1.3.png (711KB, 1600x3759px) Image search: [Google]
youtube-alternatives-v1.3.png
711KB, 1600x3759px
Okay faggot.

We have been using superior autistic scraper tools to watch YouTube videos (ppffft, not that any of it is as good as my chinese cartoons).

Too difficult? There's a really Easy(TM) site called Hooktube.com that just works. You don't give Google views, ad revenue, or information about yourself.

Some faggots think that Bitchute, which uses Webtorrent/WebRTC to establish peer to peer connections is a superior decentralized service. While that might be true, WebRTC is not free of security risks. Always make sure you mask your IP in someway (VPN) just like you would do with any bittorrent tool (becuase you're a responsible person right?)

There are are other competitors to YouTube but they all want that advertising money which means when nazi chads post their videos they'll probably get taken down or the website gets shoah'd.

Just pick your poison and consider P2P.
>>
>>62188065
> Bing, he says
> It's not bad he says

Do you realize you owns Bing?
>>
>>62188020
I'll start working on it as soon as you idiots go back to your containment board. >>>/pol/
>>
>>62188065
>Never ever. It's too expensive.
making a rule that uploads have to meet a minimum quality level and not be stupid shit like "watch me eat noodles" or "I ALMOST GOT RAPED TODAY ON THE TRAIN [NO CLICKBAIT]" would probably reduce the scale and thus costs by 95%
>>
>>62188210
bitch ute seems alright
>>
There may be technically superior alternatives to YouTube already, but they just don't have the resources to scale it anywhere close to the scale of YouTube - it's not a profitable business model and you need millions of dollars a year to burn on it.

Google has alternatives, but there's no such thing as a non-botnet search engine as they all require you send your search query to them along with any other information your browser gives up, at which point you're just taking their word for it that they aren't using it for any data mining/selling reasons.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.