[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to install pic related into my pc. According to this video,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: ch-850-evo-.jpg (24KB, 802x615px) Image search: [Google]
ch-850-evo-.jpg
24KB, 802x615px
About to install pic related into my pc. According to this video, i can unplug my current HDD where Windows 7 is installed and plug in the new SSD.
install windows 7 on the SSD then later plug back in the HDD and use it as my file storage
is this correct ?
Also it's 8pm and im not able to buy a 2,5 to 3,5 bracket but im desperate to install it, should i use double tapes like he did on the video ?
im also not sure if i have 2 extra sata cables to connect both, i have to clean my desk open the case and look at it !
pls assist me ! im afraid doing it alone lol
>>
>>62186226
forgot Video Link

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox6DHlPQI-w
>>
>>62186226
Just clone it and set the trim correctly.
>inb4 Poorfag oem win 7 copy

I have the same drive and that's what I did. Then I trimmed out all the junk. I you don't set windows correctly for the ssd you will trash it.

>lurk more newfag
>>
>>62186427
i do have an oem win 7 lol
i bought this dell pc yeaaars ago but all the hardware even case everything is new from last year
only the hdd is the old part....i will try my luck with the registration if not i will buy a new win7 key

just realized that i don't have a 2nd sata cable
also i have no fucking clue where the power connector ( cable ) is in this pc....
>>
When you go to plug in the HDD make sure your boot drive is the SSD
SSDs don't have moving parts so for the time being, not having it secured won't be the end of the world.
>not sure if have 2 extra sata cables
Maybe you should prepare properly for something you're so eager to do
>>
yeah just make sure to have a flash drive to boot to and install the OS on the ssd.. then once booted into the ssd format the hdd

i use tape for my SSD and have no problems
>>
File: IMG_20170831_204910.jpg (3MB, 2976x3968px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170831_204910.jpg
3MB, 2976x3968px
>>62186637
just found out that i need a 2nd sata cable to connect to my motherboard
but i don't seem to understand where to find the power cable for the ssd

i see the ports to connect on my mobo but where do i connect the power cable ?
>>
>>62186637
ha just found a sata cable which matches to my MB
also found out that the power cable has many slots so yeah :D going for it
thank you guys
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.