[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A FUCKING PENGUIN Tell me /g/, how can you take this seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Tux.png (12KB, 265x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tux.png
12KB, 265x314px
>A FUCKING PENGUIN
Tell me /g/, how can you take this seriously?
>>
>>62186186
Tux is cute ^_^
>>
>>62186186
Better than a gay blowfish.
>>
>>62186186
How the fuck is 4 color blocks or the silhouette of an apple any better?
>>
File: 1483139550726.jpg (8KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1483139550726.jpg
8KB, 195x195px
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen an angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
-Linus Torvalds.
>>
File: 1502552198127.jpg (53KB, 559x468px) Image search: [Google]
1502552198127.jpg
53KB, 559x468px
>>62186186
You have to understand this
Microsoft was and still is a monopoly, the system was meant to be close source and user friendly, programs and software to be restricted with what they have, The Windows OS
Well, you see if you want to skin Windows you have to edit dll files and other system files and patch them and you can not change the environment settings and all such
But Linux is a different story
Linux is not an operating system
It's a "tool" to make one
Linux is just the kernel and it is open source and also everything else related
On Linux you can change your desktop environment, the tools you use the settings and the whole OS itself, you can change it however you want
And that's the issue
You see people want more options but sometimes being restricted is better
That's exactly Windows, since it's restricted everything has to be only on one thing and only one so that's why it's simpler and better for businesses
But Linux, since it's open source it can be modified and OSes can be different than each other so a desktop environment or a function could have things that make it better and things that make it worse, it could have a function that the other one doesn't have or vice versa
Linux has freedom, but freedom isn't always better
Software engineers and programmers need to focus on one thing at a time which they can't considering all the distros and kernels of Linux, if the programmers wants to make a program for linux they need to make the code compatible to all the distros, which it can be done but takes a lot of effort
On Windows there's only one thing, one "kernel" and that's all
[This can be used as a copy-pasta, modify the text if there are any grammatical errors - Anon]
>>
>>62186186
Better than a literal fucking apple
>>
>>62186186
Someone should make it /fit/
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.