[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: freeyt.png (40KB, 456x376px) Image search: [Google]
freeyt.png
40KB, 456x376px
What do you guys think about this?
>>
I like the idea of a decentralized system for video uploads, but I'm doubtful of its ability to stop censorship. Surely they must have a way to remove videos or there would be CP there already. Are we supposed to just trust them? Other than that it suffers from a large lack of content.
>>
>>62180871
IPFS is better
>>
>>62180871
It sucks. And as soon as it stops sucking it will be banned.
>>
>>62180871
So it's a platform where all of its users will be sued into oblivion for copyright infringement? I see that going well.
>>
>>62181331
Not everyone lives in the states, fa.m
>>
>>62181191
This. Until you give me five videos of cp, piracy and whistle blowing I'll be forever suspicious of their "free speech"
>>
>>62181380
Publishing the abuse of children is not the same as "free speech", faggot.
>>
>>62181396
If speech is censored it's not free.
>>
>>62181396
But I can publish the death of children and that's free speech.
>>
>>62181368
Everyone relevant does.
>>
>>62181413
>>62181404
>Freedom of speech is the right to articulate one's opinions and ideas [...]
Nothing about publishing illegal content famillia. I think you're confused.
>>
>>62181421
For you. . . It's a small world for Americans.
>>
>>62181396
Yes, it is.
>>
>>62181191
There's a difference between censorship and /censorship/. For the record, YouTube doesn't "censor" videos, they just demonetize them. If you want to articulate an idea, YouTube is technically still a viable platform. At least, they're more restrained than vid.me.

And free speech doesn't mean that your immune to punishment.

>>62181380
That's what freenet is for. You and I both know that isn't what BitChute was made to be used for.

>>62181312
A totally different thing for a totally different purpose.

>>62181318
[citation needed]

>>62181436
>>62181368
If the FBI can arrest the citizen of a sovereign, of a European nation who's never even done business in the USA for something as negligible as copyright, then you can bet your ass that what happens in the USA is going to happen for the rest of the Free World when it comes to free speech.
>>
>>62181622
BitChute is built on WebTorrent which is absolute trash. Building it on IPFS would be more sane.
>>
>>62180871
Benchod means motherfucker in India. Rakeshware unwanted
>>
>>62181622
>And free speech doesn't mean that your immune to punishment.
Then it's not free speech then. Sure no one has to entertain your ideas, but you shouldn't be punished for said ideas and the things you say, unless it's libel or you are making a credible threat/directly creating a situation where there might be people injured or killed in the process (e.g. Shouting "FIRE" in a theater when ther is none).
>>
>>62180871
>Promoting closed-source website
>>
>>62180871
>put people and free speech first
I give it 2 years before it gets infested with SJWs.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.