[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indoor grow houses are /g/. My future indoor growroom will consist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: bioponica.jpg (144KB, 900x606px) Image search: [Google]
bioponica.jpg
144KB, 900x606px
Indoor grow houses are /g/. My future indoor growroom will consist of this:
20'x20' space
4 square liquid cargo containers
pcb piping for the vegetation
and LEDS for the light source.
FIsh will probably be tilapia, and I'll have a seperate set of tanks for either spirilina, and/or chlorella.
If it works I can properly supplement my diet forever. What do you think /g/?
>>
>>62176645
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>62176645
literally
>>>/out/
>>
>>62176645
Just make a garden and tan your pasty ass already.
>>
>>62176664
>>62176656
No this is for a supplementary food source.
>>62176664
This is literally the opposite of >>>/out/, and I forgot to mention that it will be an indoor lattic/mezzanine construction that is automated by microcontrollers, and low power cpus.
>>62176672
This needs to be indoors, and hopefully replicable by interested parties. Possibly low income arid desert dwellings, and maybe even nasa.
>>
The township of /g/. Actual technology thread, and it's going to just slide away.
>>
>>62176940
proudly this
>>
Better off making this in diy
>>
Would this work outdoors?
>>
>>62176732
Wrong faggot! This is >>>/out/ go to the garden general. I mean I love this shit but you will get better results there. Maybe /diy/ too.
>>
Combo this with some Solar Panels (or better Geothermal Energy) and you can be completely off the Grid
>>
File: 7435898936.jpg (166KB, 1600x1232px) Image search: [Google]
7435898936.jpg
166KB, 1600x1232px
>>62176645
what are you going to grow? how much will cost all that shit?

What if you grow spirulina in the thanks and feed it to the plants?
>>
Are you going to automate feeding the fish too?
>>
>>62176645
It's lacking the best plant meme: drip irrigation.
>>
File: 1497156139005.gif (2MB, 359x359px) Image search: [Google]
1497156139005.gif
2MB, 359x359px
Something to comment on. Mind you the last time I looked into it was a few years ago, but don't plants need uvb or something in their lighting? As far as I remember there weren't any LED lights that did that. Someone please correct me my fucking lizard's bulbs cost so fucking much and need so much replacing.
>>
>>62177133

Drip doesn't matter in this case as he is recycling the water constantly, if I'm understanding constantly.

>>62176732

I'm surprised there already isn't an open source set of instructions for this. Do it OP.
>>
>>62177108
>what are you going to grow? how much will cost all that shit?
As much as possible, but leafy vegs mostly, and possibly some vines. Then after that figure out if the system can take a more diversified crop.

>What if you grow spirulina in the thanks and feed it to the plants?
The algae would compete for nutrients with the topside plants.

>How much will it cost
This isn't determined yet. It could be very cheap as in a few hundred dollars depending on the materials, and hardware. Liquid containers could be something simple as bags/bladders with a skeletal frame. The LEDs needs some planning, but the plumbing is pretty standard (for low gravity it will need some "water proofing" to deny leakage).
>>
>>62177123
I'd like to automate as much as realistically possible, but it still needs to have a variant that is cheap enough for someone in a very low economic area while simple enough to replicate.
Then a possible sensor riddled variant that is light enough, and safe enough for low gravity deployment.
>I'm surprised there already isn't an open source set of instructions for this. Do it OP.
There probably are to a degree, but what I'm planning has a few more restraints/challenges to deal with. I'll give it my best though, and then somebody else can put their best to it, and so forth.
>>
File: 1503936927057.png (288KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1503936927057.png
288KB, 550x550px
Are hydroponics expensive? Student here, pretty broke but been growing chiles and various potted plants for years. Always wanted to step it up a notch

We should make this a staple, i like this thread.
>>
>>62177133
>drip irrigation
The plants roots are submerged in a trough of water; there's no soil.
>>
>>62177149
You're right about the light spectrum needed. They're used to be a gent who had a led glow light startup.
>>
>>62177159
You are understanding correctly, but irrigation doesn't matter because the plants are always in water and there's no soil. Recycling the water both cleans the water for the fish and feeds the plants because typically fish waste builds up and kills fish unless maintained, nut in a system like OP's, bacteria is used to break it down into nutrients that can be absorbed by the plants. It's a very active field of study, as it requires far less water and provide both plant and animal based food. There's a subreddit and large DIY community for it.
>>
>>62177291
>Are hydroponics expensive?
It can be especially if you go store bought, but if you look at the parts it's just containers, pvc plumbing, pumps, sprays, and etc.
>Student here, pretty broke but been growing chiles and various potted plants for years. Always wanted to step it up a notch
Many of the parts can be scavaged, but be sure that what you scavaged didn't house chemicals as those can bond with the plastic, and contaminate your water/food supply.
>>
Even a hybrid led/flourescent lighting system would be a significant reduction of heat, and energy usage. This would make for a cheaper solar/battery overhead.
>>
>>62176645
I've heard that you only need red and blue LEDs. You should test this.
>>
>>62177203
mmm this seems like a nice hobby, maybe I should try to grow some cactus under perpetual ligth just for the lulz.
>>
>>62176645
I saw a system years ago that was a bubble/hydroponic style system with the terra cotta balls and mesh pots hung in plastic containers through holes cut in the lids. What I just described is common and is similar to pic related.

The difference is the nutrient/water was fed via air blown over feed tubes. The water was atomized like an air brush by the air and fed up the tubes via capillary action. The blowers were fish bubblers at about one fish bubbler unit to about 3 or 4 nutrient tubes. I've been meaning the experiment with this. The nutrient/water is super oxygen concentrated by the atomization and the plants thrive in a kind of freakish way. The guy that developed it was inspired by vegetation that grew in coral holes on beaches and were fed by water spray. Veggies etc. are really huge and grow quickly and the nutrient doesn't get funky as it's being constantly oxygen enriched and microbes are less happy.
>>
>>62176645
from what I've read and watched about aquaponics those water tanks seem HUGE in comparison to other systems, given that you only have like 5 short rows of smaller leafy plants

maybe just one or two will do, but depends on fish etc.
>>
>>62176732
>"It's for food!"
>But it can't be outdoors
Fucking Mexicans trying to use /g/ as tech support for a grow op
>>
>>62177932
Next up on /g/: "How do I bypass power limiters? I'm just mining bitcoins, nothing illegal!"
>>
>>62177932
Weed is completely legal where I'm at. I could do an indoor grow op, but what the fucks the point? Maraijuanas is cheap, and boring.
>>
>>62176645
why didn't use glass roof instead? also tilapia is illegal in some place like Australia so check it beforehand.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.